TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

Guns N' Roses to hire new guitarist

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=27447

Guitar shredder Ron Thal of the New York City-based alternative-rap-metal project BUMBLEFOOT has been asked to join GUNS N' ROSES as the replacement for Buckethead, according to a posting at www.bumblefoot.com. "Since, the rumors are already flyin', I might as well say," Ron writes on the site. "I was asked to join GUNS N' ROSES two months ago. It's not definitely happenin', we're just feelin' it out. When decisions have been made, I'll let y'all know."

Ron Thal started as a solo artist on Shrapnel/Roadrunner Records with the instrumental guitar-oriented CD "The Adventures Of Bumblefoot" in May 1995 (voted one of the Best Newcomers in Young Guitar magazine's Readers' Poll in January 1996) and the vocal "Hermit" CD in January 1997. Through his own production company, Hermit Inc., Thal (a.k.a. Bumblefoot) has released his own music, and has worked as a producer, songwriter, and hired musician. Credits include CNN, MTV, Jessica Simpson, Cher, LeAnn Rimes, and many more.

So is this guy any good?

Thal could play G'n'R stuff in his sleep. He's an absoluteley tremendous guitarist; the stuff he does with fretless guitar is pretty damn nifty, and to cap it all off, he's a top-class guy and a fucking riot, if his postings on the John Petrucci message board are anything to go by.

Not really who I'd choose for G'n'R (shame the Zakk Wylde thing didn't work out - who better to fill Slash's boots than another alcohol-feulled Les Paul strangler?), but Ron Thal getting more exposure can only be A Good Thing Indeed.

Guest Banders Kennany

They're not all communist anymore. They have some elements of democracy seeping in now days.