TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob E Dangerously

Fox News: We report

Guest MikeSC
Who do the Camerons think they are -- the Rathers?...

Not until they have the babies of the other network anchors, no chance of them making that mistake.

-=Mike

How could anyone - idealogues aside - defend these last couple of articles from Fox News? It seems as if they're no longer even attempting to hide behind that "Fair & Balanced" farce of a slogan.

Guest MikeSC
But this thread isn't about CBS.

You argree with BX's statement though right?

It's bad, but they immediately apologized and pulled them.

It's on the same level as the AP report on Bush supporters booing Clinton's heart problem.

-=Mike

Hey, if the news desks of every network and cable news channel is there only to serve advertisers than you can't ever place your hopes of there ever being anything resembling objectivity. I wonder how NBC might cover a nulcear disaster. Actually, I don't know how many times I've seen ads, pretending to be "news stories" over the years about all the neato keen weapons they (General Electric) have been developing.

If you want answers than just pick which story feel best to you and go with it. If you have the conviction. Just don't count on anything being the truth.

How could anyone - idealogues aside - defend these last couple of articles from Fox News? It seems as if they're no longer even attempting to hide behind that "Fair & Balanced" farce of a slogan.

Usual leftie-rightie strategy. "Oh yeah? Well <insert opponent> did this, and it was worse!!!"

That's basically it, the same stock answer for the left and right, for every rotten thing that happens.

Their entire moral outlook is dictated by what the opposition does. Lie, cheat, steal, but as long as you're not quite as bad as the other guys, you're in the moral rightness. It's how the 'bush is hitler' folks defend the stuff they do. its how people like a mike sc defend the right.

wash rinse repeat.

The majority of america wipes their ass with all that though, which is why voter turnout and attentiveness to politics has dipped so much. It'll rise a little bit this election but not that much. People complain and bitch about it, but they're part of the reason its so low. i'm sure i'm a part of that too. :firing: :cheers:

I think that criticism of FoxNews might technically be considered treasonous...so we should all probably just shut up now.

Okay wait a minute...

This thread talks about Fox News, and kkk posted in it...

Yet I see NO reference to another spelling of the word fox which can also be used to say fake and then crying out to your lord and laughing out loud in this year two-thousand and four?

I am very disappointed.

Usual leftie-rightie strategy. "Oh yeah? Well <insert opponent> did this, and it was worse!!!"

That's basically it, the same stock answer for the left and right, for every rotten thing that happens.

Their entire moral outlook is dictated by what the opposition does. Lie, cheat, steal, but as long as you're not quite as bad as the other guys, you're in the moral rightness. It's how the 'bush is hitler' folks defend the stuff they do. its how people like a mike sc defend the right.

wash rinse repeat.

The majority of america wipes their ass with all that though, which is why voter turnout and attentiveness to politics has dipped so much. It'll rise a little bit this election but not that much. People complain and bitch about it, but they're part of the reason its so low. i'm sure i'm a part of that too. :firing: :cheers:

Well said. Cheers for seeing though the unmitigated bullshit machine.

Guest INXS

Yeah, Fox are right wing, pro--Bush that's obvious, and they shouldn't be able to get away with the tag line 'fair and balanced'. The thing to remember however is that FOX are only marketing towards their demographic - right wing, low brow Americans. It's not like FOX or any other news channel HAVE to actually be fair and balnced. In my eyes, only BBC News are truly fair and balanced as they have no advertising and aren't around to make a profit.

Guest GreatOne
Yeah, Fox are right wing, pro--Bush that's obvious, and they shouldn't be able to get away with the tag line 'fair and balanced'. The thing to remember however is that FOX are only marketing towards their demographic - right wing, low brow Americans. It's not like FOX or any other news channel HAVE to actually be fair and balnced. In my eyes, only BBC News are truly fair and balanced as they have no advertising and aren't around to make a profit.

OK, INXS' contribution makes this thread OFFICIAL now! :lol:

Guest MikeSC

Yeah, BBC is impartial. :rolleyes:

-=Mike

...laughing with you, not at you --- nah, I'm actually laughing at you...