TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shoes Head

Scott Keith's Book

Guest Shoes Head

After getting two tries to find decent editing and fact checking, his content fails him. There's absolutely NO reason to buy this book if you read 411. The commentary is lame (he dedicates almost two entire chapters to HHHatred) as he can't seem to say anything more than "WWE needs to create new stars." SK's always quick to point out his confidential sources on the inside, but you'd never know it. He promised new RANTS for the matches, but they're the same cut and paste jobs as before - albeit with half a star-whole star increases in match rankings.

Hyatte's been done for about 2 years now, and SK is pretty much over after this. The main complaint against him has always been his negativity and cynicism, but his extremities are what kept him interesting. Now, the main complaint is that he's just plain boring.

Guest Shoes Head

Yes, it just came out last week. "Wrestling's One Ring Circus - The Death of the World Wrestling Federation."

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

He works at a London Drugs right by my house, do you want me to go and confront him about this?

See I actually bought his previous book for this reason

Missed 3 years worth of Observers?

Basically it's a fine resource for keeping track of what happened, and the timelines of, major feuds within the time frame covered in the book. Problem is...it's a bloody expensive recap of Observer back issues. That and I've grown out of being interested in his recapping.

Guest MikeSC
The only thing I can say is that he's gotten 3 books published which is probably 3 books more than anyone on this board has gotten published.

Of course, it doesn't matter if the books suck..

Yet his combined sales totals are not appreciably higher than anybody else's here.

-=Mike

I can't even stand reading his reviews anymore let alone suffer through one of his books...when I read a review I want a review, not the same lame tirades and poor attempts at comedy...

what does that have to do with him being shit as a reviewer and being bigger shit as a wannabe comedian?

Isn't that what the thesmartmarks is all about? Being a shit reviewer and a wannabe comedian?

(Not actually directed to anyone that actually posts articles on the main page.)

Guest Loss

I checked out the book last week at Barnes And Noble out of morbid curiosity. I definitely wasn't going to buy it, but I wanted to see what he had to say.

Oddly enough, the chapter on the Austin walkout is the only remotely fresh thing in the book, and it coincides almost perfectly with what I've been told, so I don't think he's BSing there. The rest of the book is a total waste though.

The downfall of WWE is a subject that's been beaten into the ground on this and many other boards. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Guest MikeSC

Especially since the cow gives off milk that is already several months past its expiration date...

-=Mike

what does that have to do with him being shit as a reviewer and being bigger shit as a wannabe comedian?

If he wanted to be a comedian, all he'd have to do is lug his ridiculous body out in front of an audience and not say a thing. Yes, he's that funny and ackward to look like in real life. I'm morbidly attracted to him.

Guest Shoes Head

Loss was taking from my favorite lines in "liar liar" - but now the use of the word "morbid" must end in this thread. I wil request that anyone who uses it from this point forward get banded.

If he wanted to be a comedian, all he'd have to do is lug his ridiculous body out in front of an audience and not say a thing. Yes, he's that funny and ackward to look like in real life. I'm morbidly attracted to him.

You should try to start a conversation with him about wrestling and secretly record it. We need to hear the voice!

I'd seriously start laughing upon walking up to him. I saw him working the till, I almost wanted to buy something just to interact with him, but then I realised, I'd come across as a creepy stalker. Which I'm not denying.

You should try to start a conversation with him about wrestling and secretly record it. We need to hear the voice!

I'm guessing you never had the wrestling radio show Keith had way back when on one of his old sites. Well you're not missing much Keith has a weak, whiny voice that was annoying and that want's to put the listener to sleep.

Guest PlatinumBoy

Am I the only one who does find it funny Scott Keith works at a drug store making jack shit and bitching about HHH--who is a multi millionare that looks to help run a billion dollar company and probably doesn't give a shit about Scott.

Yes you are.

You could write a book about at.

BECAUSE IT'S A BRILLIANT OBSERVATION.

You should hold seminars.

YOU'LL MAKE A MILLION DOLLARS.

Guest Shoes Head
I never understood the SK hate.

Like i said, his extremities keep him interesting (meaning his over the top commentary, not his limbs).

He stated last year that alcohol was not addictive. When Hyatte and lots of fan email called him on that, he brushed it off and said something like "Compared to heroin, alcohol is not addictive."

He filled his last book up with HHH hatred in the commentary, but proclaimed HHH was "GOD" in one of his rants because he was too lazy to rewrite or check for contradictions. Over on winerboard.com - he defended himself to the very last breath over this even though every single poster was ragging on him. He reminds me of an IWC Vince Mcmahon.

Oh, and he may work at a retail drug store for pennies, but he got $30,000 in advance money to write all his books. Because we're all discussing this now can only mean he's bought a lot of Panago pizzas from the royalty checks too.

You know what I want to see?

I am making a challenge.

One of you fucks that lives near Keith, bring a sign to his Deli or Bookstore or wherever he works...

Something along the lines of the Clerks' "I Eat Cock" word balloon sign...

Mess with the fucker and post pictures and forever have the board's respect.