TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Quick exercise

Without looking it up (!!) who led the National League in hits this year. He had 221 hits, with a batting average of .326. He also led the NL in atbats. Any ideas?

Anglesault's own.... Juan Pierre.

I don't really pay much attention to baseball stats, but I looked at various league leaders in my Sunday newspaper yesterday and didn't recognize half the names.

And it's odd that the Sosas and Bonds of the world weren't cranking 80 home runs this year, although it was funny to see how few hits Bonds got this year due to being walked...

Guest Staravenger

It's so obviously Juan Pierre, even if I did look.

a.) I've noticed during the big wild card race, you were orgasming over the Marlins having a chance. That makes you a Marlins fan I think.

b.) Fans of a certain sports team will pay much more attention to said team and it's players stats, so the question probably had something to do with a Marlin.

c.) Juan Pierre is one of the best hitters in the National League, and he's on the Marlins.

d.) I have him at CF on one of my fantasy teams, so I've followed his stats pretty much all year.

Heh...what does Tony Shaloub got that I don't got?

Guest Salacious Crumb

He also had the most ABs of anyone in the N.L. as well. I'm sure if Albert Pujols, Adrian Beltre and Sean Casey had 674 ABs they'd have as many or more hits.

If you're just noticing I'm a Marlins fan now, you must not have been here last year. Just imagine a positive Anglesault. I'd say 700 of my posts came in last years playoff threads.