TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cerebus

Rodney Dangerfield passes away

Someone on the fark message board said it best ... for all the drinking,drugging, womanizing, and partying he did, him living to 82 is like a vegan living to 150.

And it's funny that Banky points out how much he outperformed Chase, Murray, et al in Caddyshack, because I've heard that he was uber-paranoid that he wouldn't be funny in that movie because he was a (relative) no-name compared to all these comedic superstars.

While I'm not shocked that he died, I am pretty bummed. The guy was a legend, and that's not a word that I just throw around.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

2. Jack Palance if he's still alive

3. David Copperfield

I'm not saying I WANT them to die or anything, they're just my guesses.

I'd like to pay my respects, but I think Rodney would view it as an insult.

One of my all-time WTF moments came during an XFL game where Vince McMahon was promising some halftime show that would surely spike the ratings (it involved something about going into the cheerleaders' locker room). What happened next was such a clusterfuck, and it involved Rodney walking around wrapped in a towel doing his schtick.

Later dawg.

EDIT: A lifetime of work to choose from and I remember THIS?!... :bonk:

God damn it, I was hoping he was going to make it. He will always be known for being a terrific entertainer, and even watching the worst of his movie would still get laughs out of me.

RIP Rodney :(

Guest acnx

When my parents got divorced there was a custody fight over me...no one showed up.

I about cried when I picked up the paper yesterday at work and saw the news. The first thing I did when I got home was watch Caddyshack...he was an incredible entertainer.

Rest in peace Rodney, thanks for all the laughs.

This is really sad. well miss you rod.

actually I like Ladybugs so sue me

and he was great as Larry Burns on the simpsons

I also noticed that his death didn't get top billing. You have to know he's looking down and saying see I told you

Comedy Central replayed last years commies awards this morningand rodney had won an award. he had some great lines

"They call this the golden years, the golden years, going to the bathroom 5 times a night thats the golden years, when your toes outnumber your teeth, thats the golden years, and I can't get sex, my wife's favorite position is in front of Bloomingdales"

RIP Rodney

We'll never forget you