TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

The OAO Vice Presidential Debate Thread

The DNC has planned another "flood the polls and e-mail boxes" campaign, so the polls will be heavy in Edwards' favor unless they put anti-flood software in effect.

However, I don't think that even the most utterly partisan critics can say that Edwards won this. IMHO, it would be a stretch to say he even came close to a tie.

My opinion - Cheney won, but not by alot...and I think the Amerucan public might disagree with me.

Cheney was about as good as I thought he would be, Edwards exceeded my expectations.

Guest GreatOne
See, the unbiased opinion of this debate would be that it was a draw.

Same could be said for Thursday night. But oh no it was a Kerry slaughter!

Still got a problem with the other side playing ball, huh?

Current results-

Out of 35500 responses at MSNBC, Edwards is winning 75% to 25%.

Color me surprised.

When you add up everything, from what they actually said, how they reacted to what the other say, visuals, reaction shots, the debate from top to bottom, etc.... Dick Cheney clearly won.

Guest GreatOne

From MSNBC:

Who won the debate? * 54084 responses

VP Dick Cheney 22%

Sen. John Edwards 78%

Thank you for voting. Click to send us an e-mail to share your thoughts. Plus, see past voting results.

Tune in to 'Hardball' for analysis. This is not a scientifically valid survey. Click to learn more.

Out of 35500 responses at MSNBC, Edwards is winning 75% to 25%.

I don't know about that.

As I said, the Dems have set up another "Flood the polls" campaign for this one after their success with the Kerry debate.

However, people will see through the BS this time.

Guest MikeSC
65000 responses and the totals are running 78% Edwards, 22% Cheney.

Gee, do the Dems think ANYBODY takes multiple voting in a poll seriously?

-=Mike

When you add up everything, from what they actually said, how they reacted to what the other say, visuals, reaction shots, the debate from top to bottom, etc.... Dick Cheney clearly won.

The only way Cheney would have CLEARLY won this debate was if he posted this hilariously witty picture:

kerry-football1sm.JPG

But the way it stands now: It most definitely was a split decision.

Guest Salacious Crumb

What's the point of even bothering with that poll when one party is just going to flood it every time?

Guest SteveyP93

Who won the debate? * 83289 responses

VP Dick Cheney

22%

Sen. John Edwards

78%

Thank you for voting. Click to send us an e-mail to share your thoughts. Plus, see past voting results.

(MSNBC.com)

Edwards won, but it wasn't a slaughter like on Thursday night. Cheney is a more intelligent snake than Bush, but the American people can still see through his lies and Edwards went for the jugular right off the bat.

Edwards got destroyed here.

You could tell he was lost many times as he kept trying to talk about health care. It seems like it's the only thing he actually knew. Cheney was just ripping him apart the whole time.

Why is it that only Democrats are flooding these polls?

I did feel that Cheney won tonight - but I wouldn't be surprised at all if tomorrows polls show a different story.

Polls mean nothing to me.

I know what I saw, and I saw Dick win, in more ways than one. That isn't to say that John didn't put up a fight, he tried, but it didn't work as he wanted.

Guest MikeSC

I did feel that Cheney won tonight - but I wouldn't be surprised at all if tomorrows polls show a different story.

The Dems are flooding it because they are CONVINCED that they lost the 2000 election due to "Republicans winning the battle of spin".

Of course, they REALLY suck at what they try to do.

-=Mike

It's only the Dems because the Republicans got wind of it beforehand and said "Fuck it... let them make asses of themselves."

Anyone who reads the transcript, watches the debate, or hears a competent person talk about the debate knows that it was NOT an Edwards win by any stretch.