TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Braves/Astros NLDS Thread

Oh, and hey guys, did you know that there's some game between the Red Sox and the Yankees tomorrow? FOX keeps mentioning it like it's some sort of holiday, so I take it's like gonna be the greatest game in the history of the sport, right?

Yeah I think I've heard about that 5 or 6 times.... In the past 30 seconds.

I'd call the Cards favs to take the series, but then again, me backing a team seems to be the kiss of death, so I'll pipe down.

Thank you. And I think Astros-Cards is going to be just as good of a series as Red Sox-Yankees. Will Clemens pitch Game 2? If not, hopefully St. Louis can jump on Houston at Busch Stadium. Although Clemens hasn't been unhittable in the playoffs in the last 2-3 years.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Fox and ESPN has to be happy, no matter what World Series we get, There's a storyline to work with....

Boston Vs St. Louis-The Curse Vs The Best Offensive Team in years

Boston Vs Houston-The Curse and Clemens with one last dance in Boston (imagine Clemens on the hill in Fenway for Game 7)

NYY Vs St. Louis-Offensive Launching Pads

NYY Vs Houston- Clemens back in the Bronx.

93 wasn't really a choke. They were up 2-1, Phils tied it in Game 4, then won Game 5 on that Dykstra HR and Game 6 they were just not winning in Philly.

Philly had no business winning that series. Schilling and Dykstra won it for them.

Wait- it's Red Sox v. Yankees?

Do those teams have any sort of history at all? Enlighten me on this series Bruiser

Apparently they've had a couple of assorted incidents over the years. Something about a Dominican chucking an overweight old man to the ground and a brief argument between the one team's third-baseman and the other team's catcher. Other than that, I don't believe the two teams have much of a history, unlike that tired and played Twins and Angels mega-rilvarly that we've been subjected to time and time again.

Boston Vs Houston-The Curse and Clemens with one last dance in Boston (imagine Clemens on the hill in Fenway for Game 7)

Boston-St Louis would be big because St Louis beat the Sox in two big WS (denying Teddy Ballgame his one shot at a ring in '45 and ending the Impossible Dream Season in '67)

NY-St Louis would be big because of the history between the two teams (even though I couldn't bear to watch such a series due to overwhelming dislike for both teams)

Houston going to the WS would just be disastrous, on par with Florida going last year instead of Chicago

Guest Anglesault
I don't think there's shame in losing a WS if you really give it your best shot, or perhaps get screwed. I mean the Cardinals in 85 got screwed out of the series on a bad call.

And then they lost the next game 11-0.

Guest Anglesault
But what about 2001? They went 7, down to the final pitch.

01 was just really sad.

Funny fact: The ALCS thread was made a mere seconds after the Yankees made it official

The NLCS thread has yet to be made

I think that shows the relative interest right there

Guest The Shadow Behind You
But what about 2001?  They went 7, down to the final pitch.

01 was just really sad.

What was sad about that? They busted their ass for the entire series and it simply came down to the D-Backs being the better team on Game Seven.

2003 was a joke. They packed it in. No one remembers Florida won, not with now FOX and ESPN treated The ALCS last year and focused on Steve "I didn't do anything, but im still the goat to cover up the fact Prior broke down in the 8th inning and Gonzo botched a easy play" Bartman.

Guest Anglesault
But what about 2001?  They went 7, down to the final pitch.

01 was just really sad.

What was sad about that?

It was a sad way to end a great series.

Funny fact: The ALCS thread was made a mere seconds after the Yankees made it official

The NLCS thread has yet to be made

I think that shows the relative interest right there

Well I just fixed that since you seemed to want one so bad.

/sarcasm off

Fox and ESPN has to be happy, no matter what World Series we get, There's a storyline to work with....

Another thing about Boston/Houston is Jeff Bagwell started with Boston. It's a small thing, but it's still something they would probably mention.