TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2004 Red River Shootout Thread

Texas also had a penchant for turning the ball over. They nearly got beat by Arkansas because of it, and Benson fumbled 3 times last week against Baylor. You can have these mistakes when you're playing cupcakes like North Texas and Baylor.

Benson has also been known for doing absolute shit in the Oklahoma game.

Of course he has. B/c we're better than him and we're better than Texas. We've proved it for 5 straight years and with AD and Paul Thompson spear heading the offense next year we'll do it again.

I think that now we're on our fast track to the Orange Bowl. Texas was our biggest stumbling block depending on how well OSU does. Hell OSU could very well be undefeated when they go to face OU. But still....I think that we have it and I think we'll make it.

Our team is just as good as hyped. Our defense is better than everyone thought. We proved today that when our QB breaks down and has a bad game that we have someone there as a safety net and spearhead us a victory.

Bring on the Trojans/Hurricanes/Bulldogs......WHOEVER WANTS A PIECE!

Well OSU is better than everyone thinks. They've beaten the point spread by double digits in every game. But today is there test.

But yes. I don't think we should lose another game. If SC wins today...there spot is locked up as well b/c they have nobody else left.

Today may just decide the Orange Bowl.

Oh and I saw somebody mention earlier in a thread that we fumbled it but it wasn't called. If you're referring to the play where AD fumbled it towards the beginning...he was crawling on his knees when the ball was ripped. Dunno if that's what you were referring to.

But how about Adrian Peterson!? Jesus christ! That guy was running people over, running around people, he was doing everything!

Here's a problem.....say USC,OU,and Auburn/Georgia all go undefeated. Who gets left out? You can't possibly shut one undefeated out.

You take the two best.....OU and USC.....the two that were #1 and #2 the whole season.

I mean b/c it seems that the general sentiment in the media right now is that it's:

OU and USC then....the rest of the country.

You take the two best.....OU and USC.....the two that were #1 and #2 the whole season.

I mean b/c it seems that the general sentiment in the media right now is that it's:

If Auburn or Georgia runs the table in the SEC, I could see either of them getting in, especially with how tough it is to win the SEC as compared to the Big 12 or the Pac 10.

If Auburn or Georgia runs the table in the SEC, I could see either of them getting in, especially with how tough it is to win the SEC as compared to the Big 12 or the Pac 10.

Do the BCS computers consider strength-of-schedule this year? If so, Georgia will probably be ahead of both OU and USC in that component.

But I don't think they all run the table. It's rare to get 2 unbeaten teams, much less 3. No one saw Kansas State coming last year.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Of course he has. B/c we're better than him and we're better than Texas. We've proved it for 5 straight years and with AD and Paul Thompson spear heading the offense next year we'll do it again.

I'd call it more that OU has exposed Texas for the overrated team they are every year. Especially the last two seasons. I mean their QB fucking sucks for the most part.

The formula now is just the AP poll, Coaches' Poll, and the six computer rankings with the highest and lowest ranking thrown out.

I'd call it more that OU has exposed Texas for the overrated team they are every year. Especially the last two seasons. I mean their QB fucking sucks for the most part.

When you put it like that though you make OU sound no good.

Guest Salacious Crumb

When you put it like that though you make OU sound no good.

No OU is good, it's just the game has been overhyped the last few years as you have a good team (OU) taking on a slighty above average team.

Texas usually grows fat off of teams like North Texas until they run into OU and get destroyed.

The game is hyped b/c of the rivalry. The two teams hate each other and it's also the hottest college football ticket in the country from what I've read in the past.

You're right though except on one thing. It's not a good team taking on an above average team. It's a great team taking on an above average team.

You know after taking a day to think about it......I wonder if Mack Brown is going "What do I have to do!? I get blown out! Toughen up! Improve the defense! Play 110% and keep it close.....AND STILL LOSE! And I get shut out to boot!" He's gotta be freaking out.

Guest MikeSC
The game is hyped b/c of the rivalry. The two teams hate each other and it's also the hottest college football ticket in the country from what I've read in the past.

You're right though except on one thing. It's not a good team taking on an above average team. It's a great team taking on an above average team.

To give you a hint, a great team doesn't need to remind everybody they're great.

-=Mike

...Geez, you might win the Big XII --- which is worse than the ACC and SEC by a healthy margin...

And you act like it's our fault the Big XII isn't as good this year as it has been in the past. It's not. We can't help where we play right now. But it's still a tougher conference than most to play in. The problem with the elite teams is that they're still better than everyone else in there conference so you get shit.

The Pac 10 and Big XII? USC and OU are the only teams that can dominate the conference.

SEC is filled with elite teams. The thing is though that the SEC is tough to play in and is tough to the rest of the country.

The Big XII may not be as strong to the rest of the country b/c of the weaker north but it is still a hard conference to play in especially in the Big XII south where all the good teams reside.

OU has a challenging year. It may not be the hardest that it can be but it's no less challenging than what the other Orange Bowl bound team is going through.

So get over it. We don't have the best conference in college fb but we don't have the worst. And if we win the conference and go undefeated then we deserve a shot at that national title and we will get it b/c the people voting in the polls know how good we are.

Hmm...the streak for most consecutive Red River losses is OU dropping 8 straight to Texas.

Thing is that they lead the record on Red River Shootouts. They've won like 20-something more than OU. So if Mack somehow loses that record in the process(doubt he'll make it for 20 more years and even then he's bound to get lucky eventually) he'll kill himself.

If Mack ends up dropping 8 straight he'll kill himself.

He needs to conference with Les Miles. The only coach to beat Bob Stoops twice.

Mack Brown better be on the hot seat by now. He keeps coming up short in the one game he needs to win. UT has been as talented as anyone the last 5 years and are still 0 for 5. No National titles, no conference championships, no wins over OU. At a program that holds itself to such high standards every year and is consistently n the top 5-10 in preseason this is unacceptable. Mack hasnt gotten it done and needs to go. There are some pretty good coaches out there including Spurrier, Pat Hill (Fresno), and Haskins (Boise State) all of whom I consider to be upgrades.

Also I hate him for starting Simms over Applewhite.

Guest Salacious Crumb

That's because Texas has been overrated for the last several years. They've been at best an above average team. Chris Simms was nothing to scream about and Vince Young is even more painfully average.