TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

With Rivera on a leave from the team, I've gotta wonder how long he'll be out and how quickly his absence will be felt.

Quickly?!?

Come 9th inning Tuesday with us in a lead or a tie game.

Guest Anglesault
With Rivera on a leave from the team, I've gotta wonder how long he'll be out and how quickly his absence will be felt.

Seventh inning of Game one when Gordon can't come in.

For God's sakes, Muggy. I mean, the Gene Pool thing is hilarious, but we're Red Sox fans and we're the most superstitious fans in baseball. You know better than to put any sort of jinx on us.

You know better.

Guest Anglesault
Whare are you talking about with Gordon?

I haven't heard any injury rumors.

Well, he did get a cork shot into his eye, but I really meant that Gordon would be closer and we'd have no real set up man.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Red Sox in 6. I guaran-DAMN-tee!

If you're wrong, we can ban you.

DEAL.

Guest Anglesault

Lofton is in the lineup on Tuesday. I think part of the strategy is to make Fat Curt move around on that ankle.

Pretty much. Torre said he'd put Lofton in against Schilling to do the little things, much more than Sierra who would be there to swing for the fences.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

if Lofton DH's again, can I gouge out my eyes with a fork?

Guest Anglesault
Yeah, he's going to be DH. Which is a good thing. When him and Matsui are out there together, balls drop in left and right.

Lofton's a better Centerfielder at this point. For whatever reason, he doesn't play well with Matsui, but he's much better in the field than Bernie is at this juncture.

Yeah, he's going to be DH. Which is a good thing. When him and Matsui are out there together, balls drop in left and right.

Lofton's a better Centerfielder at this point. For whatever reason, he doesn't play well with Matsui, but he's much better in the field than Bernie is at this juncture.

That's the problem though. Him and Matsui don't know how to communicate out there.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

that's why. Watching Bernie play defense leaves my eyes red and irritated.

Guest Anglesault

That's the problem though. Him and Matsui don't know how to communicate out there.

I'd rather run that risk than the risk of every single to centerfield turning into a double.

I myself rather have Bernie out there. It seems that everytime I watch Lofton play out there he either A) Doesn't communicate with Matsui B) Drops a ball while trying to catch it C) Misplays a ball and then drops it.

Although he's got speed going for him.

Guest Anglesault
I myself rather have Bernie out there. It seems that everytime I watch Lofton play out there he either A) Doesn't communicate with Matsui B) Drops a ball while trying to catch it C) Misplays a ball and then drops it.

Although he's got speed going for him.

You'll notice alot of the balls he misplays or drops are balls Bernie comes no where near.

Guest Anglesault

Fans on Boston.com are doing their best to come up with witty slogans for their own anti-Yankees t-shirt.

First there were the Yankees, then they built the towers. Looks like all of New Yorks icons are going down!

Mark, Boston

They certainly showed us.

Guest Anglesault

Apparently the Red Sox are seriously going with Arroyo as a game seven starter.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

I don't see a problem, considering the way he's thrown in his last 10 starts.

As long as he throws a solid 6+, I see no issue. He has quality stuff and is the best starter outside of Tim Wakefield facing the Yankees this season. And we all know how Timmy's throwing right now.

I think if the Sox split in NY, they'll take two out of three at Fenway.

Plenty of time to fuck that up. So I'm pessimistic. What are you gonna do.

--Ryan

...sounds like f'n fun to me...