TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

I'll take Arroyo over...Well we don't know who will be healthy enough to pitch a game 7 for the Yanks now do we?

Brown? (Back injury, Broken hand)

Lieber? (Back injury)

El Douque? (Arm fell off)

Vaz? (Brain injury)

Guest Anglesault

Brown's hand is fine and his back is better.

Lieber's not starting a Game Seven.

Vazquez better not get in a game.

Moose would go on 3 days rest.

That, or if Arroyo is going game 7, Lieber.

Liebers back isn't really a problem. It just tightened up a little before game 2 against The Twins.

Guest Anglesault
Moose would go on 3 days rest.

That, or if Arroyo is going game 7, Lieber.

Liebers back isn't really a problem. It just tightened up a little before game 2 against The Twins.

Brown is up for Game Seven

I'm not scared, really.

Whomever wins is the best team. No arguments.

I could really care less ad long as I see some great, exciting games.

For God's sakes, Muggy. I mean, the Gene Pool thing is hilarious, but we're Red Sox fans and we're the most superstitious fans in baseball. You know better than to put any sort of jinx on us.

You know better.

Holy crap... do Boston fans even have faith in their own team? I don't believe in all that ghost shit. I'm just stating what I think will happen. If you think I'm putting a curse on the team... THERE ARE NO FUCKING GHOSTS. The End.

Guest Anglesault
Holy crap... do Boston fans even have faith in their own team? I don't believe in all that ghost shit. I'm just stating what I think will happen. If you think I'm putting a curse on the team... THERE ARE NO FUCKING GHOSTS. The End.

Famous Last Words.

I really think they can make a big impact...... but maybe that's just me. But I have faith. I do.

Too much shit about ghosts, superstitions, the almighty Evil Empire... yada, yada... and just because I type it on a message board doesn't mean the team will lose. It's not like I'm going to the field and going to be the next Steve Bartman.

I really think they can make a big impact...... but maybe that's just me. But I have faith. I do.

Too much shit about ghosts, superstitions, the almighty Evil Empire... yada, yada... and just because I type it on a message board doesn't mean the team will lose. It's not like I'm going to the field and going to be the next Steve Bartman.

Thats what they ALL say.

That's what they ALL say?

So let me get this straight... just because ONE FUCKING GUY posts the Red Sox will win in 6, that means the Red Sox are doomed? Geez... think that one out for a moment.

That's what they ALL say?

So let me get this straight... just because ONE FUCKING GUY posts the Red Sox will win in 6, that means the Red Sox are doomed?

Yep.

Guest Anglesault

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

As you all know, Curt Schilling, for reasons no one knows for sure, likes to post on internet message boards.

You also probably know that I frequent a Yankee fan message board.

Well, I just now, found out that Big Schill posts (somewhat infrequently) at that message board, and, in fact, we have posted in some of the same threads, most notably the thread where we all made fun of him for crying and he felt the need to defend himself.

I'm star struck.

Edited by Anglesault

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

As you all know, Curt Schilling, for reasons no one knows for sure, likes to post on internet message boards.

You also probably know that I frequent a Yankee fan message board.

Well, I just now, found out that Big Schill posts (someone in frequently) at that message board, and, in fact, we have posted in some of the same threads, most notably the thread where we all made fun of him for crying and he felt the need to defend himself.

I'm star struck.

AHAHAHA~~!

Please, please, link me.

The bizarre aspect of this series is that I really am starting to think the Sox and their fans care more about beating the Yankees than winning the World Series. Since I'm seemingly one of the few here that DOES believe in the curse, let's recall the specifics of it:

The Red Sox cannot ever win a World Series again.

Nothing there about them never beating the Yankees, though people accept that as part of the curse. Thus, I think the Red Sox will in fact win this series, only to then lose an epic 7 game World Series to the Cardinals. After all, would it be a Sox WS without it being a riveting 7 game classic with them inevitably coming up short?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Personally I hope Boston and St. Louis lose so FOX is stuck with the horrible draw of NY Vs Atlanta.

Death to the firey Radar gun.

However, Realisticaly, The Cardinals will win in 5 over Houston/Atlanta and The ALCS is a classic series with 4 games going extra innings, and the Sox beating the Yankees as Boston celebrates as if it won the World Series.

St. Louis simply shake their collective heads and sweep the red sox....6 Months later, Boston fans are still passed out drunk on the streets and when they awake, are informed they choked again and the curse is still alive.

I would like to think the New York Yankees with their 200 million dollar roster could survive through ONE game without a relief pitcher...

Without Mo?

Your chances are a lot better.

Right now, we have THREE relievers that are trustworthy. Mo, Gordon, and Sturtze. Take away Mo, we have TWO. And if game ones goes into extras, WERE SCREWED.

Guest Anglesault
As he should. His family will still be dead after the postseason.

Tasteless I know, but I had to say it.

I...I just don't know how to respond to that.

Anyway,

"Well, Mussina has like 20 different pitches. So, he throws all of them for strikes. Out of 20, you have to pick one. If he throws it, you don't want to miss it. If you miss it, you're going to have to deal with the other 19. Oh man, you see Posada sometimes taking his glove off to give him some signs. He doesn't have enough fingers on one hand. But that's why he's so good, not too many pitchers can throw 20 different pitchers and he can." -- Red Sox DH David Ortiz, on Mussina

You would think SOMEONE on that team would keep a clearly stoned David Ortiz away from reporters.

Guest Anglesault

BTW, my Series Hero prediction

Game Seven, bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, Yankees down three with Foulke on the mound and THE RIQUESTER! up. Foulke throws the ball and...

Enrique trips over nothing and falls down. However, as he falls, his bat makes contact with the ball and it some how bloops towards rightfielder Kevin Millar. However, Millar is busy thinking up catchphrases, so the ball hits him in the head and knocks him out before he can see it coming. Johnny Damon rushes over to grab the ball as two runs score, and he throws it with all his might, and the ball flys a whole eight inches. This process continues a couple of times until Manny Ramirez snaps out of his haze and rushes over to try and help, as the third run scores. Just as Enrique starts to round third, he starts falling down again. Manny has a shot at him...but oh no! Manny thinks that a Pedro Martinez, dancing the Macarena on top of the dugout, is the cutoff man! Enrique score! ENRIQUE WILSON WINS THE SERIES WITH AN INSIDE THE PARK GRAND SLAM!