TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

Guest Crazy Dan

I didn't mean to imply that Riviera was terrible or anything. Normally Riviera is lights out in save situations in the Post Season. Last night he did not have all of his zip in his pitches, which would explain the walk and game tying hit. I am used to seeing Riviera being unhittable, which is why he is one of the best post-season closers. When he doesn't close the game like he did, it makes me wonder if this is just one off game, or will this continue to the trend. He did pitch more innings in the regular season, he is in his mid-30's, and he has pitched two innings for Game 1-2, and last night he pitched two full innings. So he has some innings and pitches logged onto his arm, which could catch up to him. He has blown two saves this Post Season, one time the Yankees recovered to win in extra innings and last night. The fact that he has two blown this postseason, shows that he can be beat, as opposed to years past where if he came in, the game was finished. Being that Riviera pitched two innings last night, it might be wise to rest his arm for any potential Game 6-7 that could happen. Torre has a choice to make tonight on whether he takes the risk and bring Riviera in to save a game tonight with an arm that might be tired, or give him a day off to rest and potentially close the series in Game 6, if necessary. This becomes a moot point if Mussina throws like he did in Game 1 and Pedro remains the son of the Yankees. However, the Yankees almost blew Game 1, so this will be intresting to see what Torre decides. In the case that the Sox hit Mussina and take a 3+run lead into the 8th and 9th, then the issue to bring Riviera in is moot. So there are some fun things to look at tonight.

Guest LooneyTune
Then why is his career avg v. Mo .400+?

Somewhere between .400 and .500, but Mike is a blind Yankee fan, so pay no attention.

Guest LooneyTune

Bitch slapping = Bellhorn's every day batting.

Bitch slapping = Damon batting .070 going into Game 4

Ortiz going 0 for 2 vs. Rivera = Not.

Guest Brian

Mussina's at 21 pitches with the full count. Both teams need big outings to save the pens.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
LOL, Typical Sheffield comment.

What a retard, literally.

Its true though

Yea, They look like a real mess out there right now.

No, about trying to act tough and be characters. Aside from a handful to 10 guys, everyone on that team is a joke.

Mussina got hosed in that 1st innings with some calls.

And damn Jeter has been more bad than good this series.

Clutch error that shows the tremendous leadership by Derek Jeter leads to nothing, sadly.

That was his intention. He wants his team to feel every ounce of pressure possible and get through it without any damage done. True leader indeed.

Tony Clark has been virtually useless in the past 2 games.

Tony Clark has been virtually useless in the past 2 games.

Got that straight. If only Olerud were up in that spot.

I dissed Olerud hard back in the Twins series, now I want him back badly.

This game is exactly liek game 1 against the Twins.