TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

Guest Anglesault
Its Official.

LOWE goes tomorrow.

This gives me some hope, if I have any left.

Because we hit him just SO DAMN well on Sunday!

That was away.

Big difference.

My biggest problem tomorrow is our pitching.

I say start Vazquez, and bring Moose in relief.

You're right. There's no longer the chance that someone will accidentally hit the ball in the air and we'll luck out because it hits a big ass wall.

Guest The Shadow Behind You
, but you're showing zero faith in the team you've stood by all this time.

They look like shit.

You aren't even a real fan. You are a fucking joke. You are Mr. Yankee when they win but they lose you consider them worthless and a waste of time. You don't care about them at all, What you REALLY care about is how you look. Your ego can't stand that you put your name behind the losing team here. It's one thing to express disapointment but it's another to openly say they don't care because they do care asshole. Are they getting beat? Yes. Maybe it hasn't applied to you but The Red Sox have just been playing better and stepping up at the right moments.

THIS. IS. FUCKING. AMAZING.

Say that if you win tomorrow.

Don't mean shit if you lose.

Well, it does mean a little something; I mean, nobody's ever done this in Major League Baseball before, have they? Even if the Red Sox lose Game 7, just getting there after being down 0-3 is historically significant.

Even if the Sox lose, it means everything. This is exactly what Yogi Berra was talking about. Hope never dies. You can keep going forever, as long as you keep hitting, and keep winning. Its not that the Sox will win. Its that they CAN win.

Guest Anglesault
, but you're showing zero faith in the team you've stood by all this time.

They look like shit.

You aren't even a real fan.

Real fans can admit when their team is playing extremely bad baseball. And the Yankees are.

Being a real fan doesn't mean you have to close your eyes, cover your ears and scream "NOTHING'S WRONG!"

Something is horribly, horribly wrong with this team right now.

If the Yankees continue playing like this tomorrow, they will not win. A real fan can admit that.

The fact that I'm going into this game basing all my hopes not on "Muderer's Row" or a 200 game winner, but some old dead fat man kind of alarms me. I'm sorry if that makes me a fake fan.

but it's another to openly say they don't care because they do care asshole

THEN PROVE IT. If you must lose, go down fighting.

Hell, all I ask is that they go into the game tomorrow with SOME KIND OF FUCKING PLAN. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing, they're all attacking the pitchers differently (and thus, accomplishing nothing). The bullpen has suddenly crapped out on us.

Guest GreatOne

Well it is kind of sad that the only joy you get out of baseball is seeing the Yankees win.

Fuck my team and contender this year being mentioned in the same sentence only applies if it has a WISH in between it. But I'm still interested in the playoffs cause I'm, you know, a baseball fan.

Your prerogative I guess.....................

Guest Anglesault
Well it is kind of sad that the only joy you get out of baseball is seeing the Yankees win.

I'm not going to enjoy seeing them lose.

Guest Anglesault

And maybe someone can explain this to me.

We have two or three bunt-happy guys on the team, and several more who can bunt.

We are facing a fat man who is operating on one ankle, on wet grass, no less.

And no one bunts.

These last three games are the reasons why baseball is the greatest sport ever. Even if the Sox lose tomorrow I will have unlimited respect for the guts they showed tonight, and the last 2 games in Boston. They have accomplished something that seemed impossible only a few days ago. I cannot even fathom what the rating will be tomorrow night, it blows my mind that the Super Bowl will probably kill it. I think this series is even better than last years, and I felt that was a great series.

I just hope, pray and wish that the astros and sox both win tomorrow. Meaning Pedro/Clemens, game 1 of the world series at Fenway Park. I would consider that, considering everything that has went down, one of the greatest moments in sports history.

If you look back in this thread I made a few predictions for tonight's game:

1. There was no way Schilling would have 2 crap starts in a row. Check.

2. There was no way Lieber would shut down the Sox a 2nd time. Check.

3. It was only proper to have a game 7. Check.

It was obvious that Schilling would pull something out of his ass tonight. It makes for too great of a story not to happen. To go 7 innings of inspired pitching on a bum ankle, facing elimination, is one of the great performances in postseason history. Yankee fans need to quit whining about not being able to hit. There was a reason they couldn't hit, and it was Schilling.

That said, I can't see the Sox winning tomorrow. Eventually you just run out of luck. My god what a series though.

Guest Anglesault
There was a reason they couldn't hit, and it was Schilling.

And there's a reason that Schilling pitched that way. Because no one on the team dared make him work or test his ankle.

And maybe someone can explain this to me.

We have two or three bunt-happy guys on the team, and several more who can bunt.

We are facing a fat man who is operating on one ankle, on wet grass, no less.

And no one bunts.

Because Bob Brenly would've thrown a hissy fit.

Seriously, I'm not sure. They were discussing doing that strategy before the game. My only thought is that perhaps the Yankees felt it was best not to forgo their usual approach in favor of trying to be cute.

As an aside, you might enjoy this blog from a Yankees' fan.

http://yankeefan.blogspot.com/

Guest Anglesault
My only thought is that perhaps the Yankees felt it was best not to forgo their usual approach in favor of trying to be cute.

The approach that necessaitated a game six to begin with

Guest El Satanico

So who's going to pull a Buckner tomorrow night?

:runs from red sox fans:

There has to be some sort of "b" involved in The failure of the Sox for Game 7.

That means Bellhorn "Buckners" it. Bottom 9th, 2 out. Jeter on 3rd, 5-4 Game. A-Rod hits a weak chopper, Bellhorn scoops it and loses the grip. Jeter scores. Sheffield Homers. Yankees Win. Bellhorn never plays in Boston again.

actually I'm watching Sportsnet (Canadian) and thats what the broadcaster said

Francona clearly said Lowe will start. Torre is uncertain but I'm thinking he's leaning towards Brown.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

If the Red Sox win tomorrow, I'll give them my endorsement. I don't think they will win, but they deserve big credit for doing this.

My only problem:

Having pictures of Manny Ramirez celebrating on the sorts websites. Excuse me, have I missed something? Aside from johnny Damon, hasn't Manny been close to one of the most unproductive players on the team? How about Pedro, he hasn't done shit either?

But now the Yankees are angry. They didn't start playing with a sense of urgency until the 7th inning, and after that they made the Red Sox work. They'll come out hard (I'd think so atleast) and really try to smack the Red Sox around. Boston has the momentum, and their tremendous play has mellowed my stance on them as a team. But I just think New York is pissed off enough to come out hungrier than ever. That, and the curse.

If the Red Sox win tomorrow, I'll give them my endorsement. I don't think they will win, but they deserve big credit for doing this.

My only problem:

Having pictures of Manny Ramirez celebrating on the sorts websites. Excuse me, have I missed something? Aside from johnny Damon, hasn't Manny been close to one of the most unproductive players on the team? How about Pedro, he hasn't done shit either?

But now the Yankees are angry. They didn't start playing with a sense of urgency until the 7th inning, and after that they made the Red Sox work. They'll come out hard (I'd think so atleast) and really try to smack the Red Sox around. Boston has the momentum, and their tremendous play has mellowed my stance on them as a team. But I just think New York is pissed off enough to come out hungrier than ever. That, and the curse.

Pedro had two quality starts and Manny has hit a few hits and scored a few runs. Bellhorn and Damon are the unproductive ones here.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Manny's been batting in the .300s for most of the series, just no one is ever on base for him to bring home.

Guest Brian

They didn't play with a sense of urgency because, well, they couldn't. Schilling was that good.

Manny's hitting .333 with a .462 OBP. He doesn't have a lot of big hits, but he's been getting on. The guys hitting in front of him had not been getting on the first three games, so he doesn't have any RBI's. But he's overdue to have a big hit, with only one double so far.

Boston's lucky they're pitching has been so good lately, because their hitters have missed a bunch of chances and their top guys, Ortiz aside, have not been nearly as productive as they should be. Their due to have another big run-scoring game.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
If the Red Sox win tomorrow, I'll give them my endorsement.  I don't think they will win, but they deserve big credit for doing this.

My only problem:

Having pictures of Manny Ramirez celebrating on the sorts websites.  Excuse me, have I missed something? Aside from johnny Damon, hasn't Manny been close to one of the most unproductive players on the team? How about Pedro, he hasn't done shit either?

But now the Yankees are angry.  They didn't start playing with a sense of urgency until the 7th inning, and after that they made the Red Sox work.  They'll come out hard (I'd think so atleast) and really try to smack the Red Sox around.  Boston has the momentum, and their tremendous play has mellowed my stance on them as a team.  But I just think New York is pissed off enough to come out hungrier than ever.  That, and the curse.

Pedro had two quality starts and Manny has hit a few hits and scored a few runs. Bellhorn and Damon are the unproductive ones here.

Did I miss something? Didn't Bellhourn win the fucking game for them tonight?