TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Select Fox TV DVD Sets up to 75% Off!

Just click right here!

If you use Share the Love you can get them for $13.49 just as I did. Here is what i just bought.

In Living Color - Season 1

Millennium - The Complete First Season (Total blind buy!)

Futurama, Vol. 1

Roswell - The Complete First Season (Total blind buy!)

King of the Hill - The Complete First Season

I've never even seen Millennium or Roswell, so I hope they are worth it...and if they aren't, then I'm sure I can at least get my money back by putting them on eBay or the such.

There are nine different sets that are a part of this sale, including Angel and Buffy.

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest ArchoanJB

Wow, I love you man...Too bad I just busted my bank account a little bit ago on ROH tickets...Gotta replinish that baby quickly....Amazing! I was just watching 24 Season 1 that I rented from the Library!

Guest El Satanico

I watched Millenium when it aired on Fox and always liked it. From what I've seen I never much cared for Roswell, but it has quite a following.

The only reason I'm holding off on 24 is because I am not sure if it will have rewatchability for me. Then again, I should buy it just to trade or sell to someone. ;)

The only reason I'm holding off on 24 is because I am not sure if it will have rewatchability for me. Then again, I should buy it just to trade or sell to someone. ;)

Exactly. My friend let me borrow the set in 2003 and I polished it off within days. I was hooked. But that was mainly to see how it panned out. As strong a show as it was, I can't see myself sitting down to watch any given episode again now that I know how it'll unfold. Not because it isn't good, but because one episode isn't much good without the support of the others (even though recaps of the previous episodes were shown halfway through the first season).

I'll probably get either King of the Hill or In Living Color, though.

Guest El Satanico
I'll probably get either King of the Hill or In Living Color, though.

Order both and get free shipping

Same problem with me. I love 24 to death during first run, but once you know what's going to happen, I dont see it having that much re-watching value. It's a shame too because its such a good price that part of me feels like I should buy it just out of principle. :)

Guest El Satanico

If you must own a Angel season, season one would be the best choice. I know the Whedoniacs will disagree, but the rest of the series was so-so.

I almost, ALMOST, bought Buffy and Angel as well seeing how I've never seen a single episode of each.

*ducks*

You're not the only one, DH.

Must be one of the lucky few who don't have WB......if you seen one teen drama you seen them all. The only difference here is the 20 year old actors playing teens use magic and fight demons. Roswell is a typical teen show about aliens featuring Collin Hanks.

Guest El Satanico

This must be a very limited time sale, because In Living Color and Millenium are already back to regular price.

Try clearing your cookies then restarting your browser. Someone else I know had the prices change on a couple of them, but when they did the above it fixed it.

These sets getting back up to regular prices may be a good thing for me, actually. The next three months are going to be insane enough without this deal. When you consider things like the second wave of the Monster Legacy sets, first four seasons of Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Seinfeld set, fifth season of the Simpsons and the first season of the original Twilight Zone (just to name a few) being released before the year's over, I'll have my funds tied up enough as it is. And there's still the inevitable DDD 20% off sale.

first four seasons of Pee-Wee's Playhouse

You might want to hold off on that, actually.

Paul Reubens is releasing the whole series next year as a limited edition set with commentary on every episode, along with bonus material from his own collection.

The set being released in November is just the episodes.

Here's an excerpt about it from the press release:

Image, with the full cooperation and participation of "Playhouse" creator and star Paul Reubens, also plans to release in 2005 a definitive, specially packaged limited edition containing all 45 episodes with commentary by Paul Reubens and additional bonus material culled from Reubens' vast show archives.

first four seasons of Pee-Wee's Playhouse

You might want to hold off on that, actually.

Paul Reubens is releasing the whole series next year as a limited edition set with commentary on every episode, along with bonus material from his own collection.

The set being released in November is just the episodes.

Here's an excerpt about it from the press release:

Image, with the full cooperation and participation of "Playhouse" creator and star Paul Reubens, also plans to release in 2005 a definitive, specially packaged limited edition containing all 45 episodes with commentary by Paul Reubens and additional bonus material culled from Reubens' vast show archives.

Yeah, I saw that a couple weeks ago. I'm usually one of those guys who bashes people for buying a DVD that already has a superior version announced and on the way, but this is one of those shows I grew up watching and don't think I can hold out for another year for. I may get these and then sell them off when we get closer to the ultimate set.