TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loss

A revolutionary idea ...

Guest GreatOne

Well at least other than the local 316 angle, they've been pretty minor in WWE (I think there was one in late 2002/early 2003 that just sorta faded away--Chief Morley mets with the refs on RAW and that was kinda it.)

What the wwe should concentrate on is creating the sporting atmosphere instead of a movie production house. When they do that it will include all of the suggestions here. I agree that the problem isn't really the dq, c/o, run-ins, and ref bumps. It's how and when they use it. They should rarely use it and only use it for meaningful matches.

How about all clean finishes, all the time? Draws are acceptable, but no more countouts or disqualifications. No more outside interference. Every match has a clear winner and a clear loser.

But.....but...then the WWE would actually have a good product, and the smarks would be happy! WE'D ALL HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ANOUT ANYMORE!

*goes crazy*

What the wwe should concentrate on is creating the sporting atmosphere instead of a movie production house. When they do that it will include all of the suggestions here. I agree that the problem isn't really the dq, c/o, run-ins, and ref bumps. It's how and when they use it. They should rarely use it and only use it for meaningful matches.

The other thing is that they need to develop more rules for the wrestling product in storyline turns. Run-ins, lowblows, holding-the-ropes, etc. should be frowned upon by the company and the announcers. If somebody beats up a ref, they should get suspended for a couple of weeks (this means no house shows as well). Hell, this is a good way to give a short vacation to the already overworked roster. During a suspension you can still do short interviews via phone or satellite to keep the wrestler on TV, just don't allow him at the arena. Have announcers announce the week after a heel beatdown that so and so has been fined a certain amount of money. Do things to try and treat it more like a real sport.

Heel beatdowns don't mean as much as they used to, because they are no longer treated as horrific acts. When Vader clobbered Monsoon in 1996, it was a big deal. These days it is almost expected. That needs to change. People no longer care as much about the product, because these things don't seem as important as they used to. Steve Austin was popular because he went against the status-quo. Now that the Steve Austin persona is the status-quo, the character type is no longer nearly as over as it once was.

Steve Austin was popular because he went against the status-quo. Now that the Steve Austin persona is the status-quo, the character type is no longer nearly as over as it once was.

What a freaking awesome point, Ramsus. Another reason why you are easily one of my favorite posters on the board. I mean, how many times do we have to see the face get arrested?

I don't know how much more I can take of the Vince vs Austin format on every fucking show.

How about the heel gets arrested because he's a fucking bad ass and he can't do the things he does on TV?

How about the WWE looking more legit by having clean wins and losses and matches written and performed more on the basis of a good match as a whole (start, jockeying for position, turning points, critical mistakes) than just a finish?

That'll be the day.

Another problem is their whole attitude towards PPV. I am a firm believer in the Big Match theory. That being, you get 3 or 4 big feuds going and start from there. Aside from those matches (generally the title matches but not always), you book it as you would a house show, just guys fighting each other because they are scheduled to face each other for ranking purposes. There is no need to create a reason at the last minute for Dupree & RVD to be fighting each other. Nobody will order the show for that match anyways. You're just burning out potential future feuds by doing that and wasting time on something that doesn't need to be done. It also allows for fresher matchups, by not locking in two wrestlers against each other for months on end (like Jericho/Christian or Booker/Cena) long after their feuds should have logically been over with.

These matches would be announced prior to the PPV too. Not tossing something together at the last minute. Everything should be planned in advance, unless a major injury or something prevents that from happening.