TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

And So it Begins

Guest Anglesault

Times says the Yankees might be looking into Kevin Millwood.

I'm just going to sit over there and cry.

Times says the Yankees might be looking into Kevin Millwood.

I'm just going to sit over there and cry.

Good. Suffer. We revel in your tears.

If the Yankees do sign Milton the reported 3-year deal worth between $21 to $25 million then the I think officially the inmate (Steinbrenner) is running the asylum again. I have a lot of respect for Brian Cashman and I can't see him being behind this type of move on his own.

Or maybe John Kruk is the GM of the Yankees now.

Milton is going to be the next Andy Hawkins.

Milton and Millwood?

Good god, these are the LAST two guys the Yankees need. Radke, Clement and Odalis Perez are all MUCH better options, not to mention that they'd be better off bringing back Lieber or Orlando Hernandez.

Shit, I'd take David Wells every single day of the week over Milton or Milwood, and he'll come a hell of a lot cheaper too!

Would Yankee fans take Andrew Jones in a trade with Brown instead of signing Beltran?

Would Braves fans give up Andruw Jones for 40 yr old Kevin Brown?

When Braves general manager John Schuerholz and Yankees counterpart Brian Cashman were seen chatting for 20 minutes outside the Ritz-Carlton hotel on Thursday, the Kevin Brown speculation picked up steam.

But at this point, it seems unlikely the fiery Georgia Tech graduate and Macon native will be traded to the Braves this winter.

The Yankees owe the veteran right-hander $15 million in the last year of his contract, and they'd probably have to pay at least $12 million of that for Atlanta to take him.

Unless the Yankees can't pry talent from another team in exchange for Brown, it's doubtful they'll deal him to Atlanta. The Philadelphia Phillies reportedly have some interest in Brown, 39, who would have to waive his no-trade clause for any deal.

The GM meetings will conclude today without Brown or any other marquee players being traded, most officials predicted. The real movement isn't expected to begin until the winter meetings Dec. 10-13 in Anaheim.

"We leave here with a far better idea of who we might be able to do some business with, but that's also flexible," said Schuerholz, who said the Braves had no imminent moves on the table. "Not even sniffing imminent," he said.

Today is the first day teams can begin to talk financial terms with other teams' free agents. The Braves have six free agents, and other teams are expected to express plenty of interest in right fielder J.D. Drew and pitchers Jaret Wright and Russ Ortiz.

While Brown would surely be willing to waive his no-trade clause to facilitate a deal to Atlanta, any trade would have to be completely lopsided in favor of the Braves, who wouldn't give up much in return for him.

Brown's various ailments in recent years included a bad back, an intestinal parasite last summer, and a broken hand late last season after punching a wall in anger.

One report had the Yankees interested in center fielder Andruw Jones, the theory being that the Braves would like to get out from under the $39 million owed to Jones over the next three seasons.

But Atlanta has no interest in trading the seven-time Gold Glove winner just to dump his salary. They'd have to get plenty of top-tier talent in return and wouldn't move him unless they had another quality center fielder.

Notes: Schuerholz said all Braves coaches have been invited back for the 2005 season. Manager Bobby Cox is under contract through the 2005 season. ... GMs voted 15-15 on a measure to further study the use of instant replay. The issue probably won't be addressed again until next winter. ... Baseball will consider moving its amateur draft from June to July, if the NCAA moves ahead with tentative plans to push back its season and the College World Series.

Some (Minor) Player News...

Credit: Rotoworld.com

The Cincinnati Reds re-signed C Jason Larue to a 1 year $3 Million contract.

The Texas Rangers re-signed P Doug Brocail to a 1 year, $1 Million contract.

some more very minor news for AS and all the Yankee fans, Fred Hickman is leaving the YES Network and going to ESPN. Bob Lorenz will replace him

Good.

He was annoying.

Guest Chris2005

Waldman and Sterling? You know Steinbrenner was the influence on that one. The two biggest Yankees Homers calling the games on the radio. I love Sterling for his calls and his insights. Those two are going to be beyond annoying.

Guest Smues
Would Yankee fans take Andrew Jones in a trade with Brown instead of signing Beltran?

Would Braves fans give up Andruw Jones for 40 yr old Kevin Brown?

Hell no. Andruw hasn't lived up to his full potential, but no way in hell do we trade Andruw straight up for Kevin Brown. Great glove in center field, can hit for power, just needs to learn to hit a fucking curveball. No way do we trade him for an aged and often injured Kevin Brown, especially with Leo's ability to turn sub-par starters into gold.

Guest Anglesault
Thank you. Please shut up until they actually DO something.

It's hot stove time. The Yankees almost crazed obsession with repeating the mistakes of the last two years is relevant.

I think Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, and Jim Belushi all filled in for Harry Caray at some point.

I remember Bill and Jim calling a game, don't remember Dan calling one.

Considering the only team I used to watch was the Cubs on WGN, I would have remembered Dan.

Thank you.  Please shut up until they actually DO something.

It's hot stove time. The Yankees almost crazed obsession with repeating the mistakes of the last two years is relevant.

Perhaps. But this is a discussion forum, not your personal bitching space. If you don't like the moves or rumors, explain why, and perhaps suggest some reasonable alternatives. Perhaps something that will lead to further discussion.

Oh by the way, the press releases all make sure to remind us that Bob Brenly and Dusty Baker are close friends. Faaaaaantastic.

Coincidence? I think not. Good to know we won't hear anyone questioning Dusty's decisions calls.