TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWF files papers against WWF

The last two posts there were absolutely retarded.

1) Had the WWFund been in the US at the time, then the WWE would be *fucked* for the simple and undeniable fact that the WWFund applied for Trademark protection before the WWE.

Forgot about that.

Allthough brand identity is important surely the overall cause of the organisation i.e raising money to save the environment overides that and if the WWE were to offer them a sum which could go a long way in advancing this cause would it be anything more than selfish and hypocritical for them to reject it if it was a reasonable sum. Furthermore correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the fund technically known as the World Wide Fund for Nature? therefore the intiials are WWFN? Also Rudo just because you don't agree with my views that doesn't give you the right to call them retarded. I generally find your posts extremely humerous and they generally add to the discussion but the comment at the start of that was rather pointless.

The last two posts there were absolutely retarded.

1) Had the WWFund been in the US at the time, then the WWE would be *fucked* for the simple and undeniable fact that the WWFund applied for Trademark protection before the WWE.

2)The WWE cannot afford to buy the initials and the WWF would never sell them. Right now the WWE's financial status is based on cutting costs, buying the name would put them in the loss side of an income statement.

3)The WWFund is right here. For one, Vince broke the rules of their agreement. He has to pay the consequences. The WWFund right now, especially in America, doesn't have the distinct brand recognition it should. Go out and ask someone "Do you like the WWF?" and I seriously wonder what they'd say. Obviously they have encountered problems as well or else they wouldn't have filed for the damages the WWE has caused them over the past decade.

4)In todays world, brand equity is very, very important, even for Conservationists such as the WWF. In the grand scheme of things, what the WWF does is so much fucking better than what the WWE does. They are so much more important and good to and for this world. If strong brand image is important for their success (and it is), then the more power to them. The WWE did this to their OWN FANS, so forgive me for not giving a shit if they lose millions of dollars. Poor Vince might have to give up that $4 million+ salary.

I totally agree

In an odd way...World Wildlife Fund actually did McMahon a favor and allowed him the continue to use the WWF intiials.....but Vince had to be an ASS...and break the agreement.....

Guest Phenom

This reminds me of a joke.

What's the difference between the World Wildlife Fund an John Cena?

One crowds a panda, while the other panders a crowd!

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

I think wwe needs to bring in "Sexual Harrassment Panda" from South Park and change his name to "Identity Theft" panda

either way this blows

go away, no cares about pandas

as george carlin said

"who cares about the pandas? the news is showing oh look the pandas didnt f*** this year. who cares. do you care? I have no interest whatsoever in panda f***ing"

this post has been eidited by the FCC in order to protect you

Guest shis
I'm starting to think the Wildlife Fund has monetary problems and now just sues the WWE everytime they need more money.

hah ha, good point. :lol:

Here's what Vince should do.

He should sit down with the WWF.

He should put a blank cheque on the table.

He should hand the WWF a pen and tell them to write whatever dollar amount that comes to mind on the cheque.

After they do that, he should tell them that is in exchange for the complete rights and use to the initials, logos, terms, domain names, etc. of WWE and WWF worldwide, in every format possible, in perpetuity.

Once they agree, he should sign the cheque, shake hands, thank them and leave.

Then he doesn't have to worry about this again and go about the business of running his company.

Never mind whether the "pandas" or Vince is right or wrong.

Any judge who hears this case is going to like the charity that benefits endangered species.

Any judge who hears this is not going to like the wrestling promoter who has narrowly avoided jail time.

Vince should bite the bullet.

Guest LooneyTune

Usually when you hand someone a blank check, you sign it first :-D But I doubt McMahon would be willing to do that.

Allthough brand identity is important surely the overall cause of the organisation i.e raising money to save the environment overides that and if the WWE were to offer them a sum which could go a long way in advancing this cause would it be anything more than selfish and hypocritical for them to reject it if it was a reasonable sum.

Whatever sum the WWE offers, in the long-run, selling that name to the WWE (and/or sharing it with the WWE) would cause more damage. The only way it would be hypocritical of them would be if the court case results in countless animals and habitats dying. In the end, if or when they win the case, that money will go into their everyday operations. Selfish? The WWF *let* the WWE use the name, how is that selfish? Vince, on the other hand, if in that position, would NEVER let it happen. Oh wait... he's been in that position... AND HE NEVER LET IT HAPPEN. No wait, sorry, my bad. He let the Rock use his name... and got producer credits for it. That selfless guy Vince. Unlike those selfish bastards at the WWF. God how I hate them so!

Furthermore correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the fund technically known as the World Wide Fund for Nature? therefore the intiials are WWFN?

Wasn't the WWE the WWFE? Here's an idea: Type in "WWF" into a search engine. Go to the WWF's website and see how many times they refer to themselves as the WWFN. "WWF" is all over their website. An correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't the WWF file their name before the WWE? Thus making it theirs???

Also Rudo just because you don't agree with my views that doesn't give you the right to call them retarded.

Would you rather "silly", "misguided", "woefully ignorant"? Your views are wrong, it's not whether I agree with them or not. Your idea is impractical, as if that scenario would do ANYTHING other than make Vince look like an idiot. Personally, I think any fan who sides with the WWE here is a fucking dolt. People who say "panda fuckers" shouldn't be allowed to procreate. There is absolutely no reason to side with the WWE here other than dumb, blind, loyalty. And no matter how many times I give those lil things called "facts", there's still those who spout of nonsense that suggests the WWE isn't in the wrong here and that it's the WWF at fault here.

I generally find your posts extremely humerous and they generally add to the discussion but the comment at the start of that was rather pointless.

And your proposal was... senseless?? This particular issue (WWE vs. WWF) is a particular peeve of mine - the WWE broke the contract and now they are paying the consequences of it. Somehow, someway, people can't see that. The WWE doesn't deserve loyalty on this issue because they did the same thing *to their fans*. I just don't understand it.

Well, they're right to sue as the damage has been done already. Those without a recent interest in wrestling still call it the WWF and don't know about the name change, at least here in Britain. Which is where the suit is being filed.

I do doubt if the confusion between the two is as big of a problem to the Fund as they make/made it out to be, but the fact remains any problems were brought on by Vince. Therefore, he was in the wrong and the Fund are entitled to sue the Fed if they believe it neccessary. As Rudo said.

Guest DVD Spree

All of the arguments about who's right or wrong, or how much you can really confuse WWF wrestling with WWF panda people is all completely irrelevant.

Vince signed a deal stating that he wouldn't do something, knowing full fucking well the trouble it would cause if he did, and then eth stupid fucker went and did it.

No, nobody would accidentally donate $50 to the McMahons by mistake, and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really make any difference whether or not a slimy wrestling company uses an F instead of an E in their acronym. What matters is that Vince is rapidly losing touch with reality, and buys into so much of his own mindless corporate bable and double-talk about synergies and brands that he truly believes himself to be a genuine, legitimate, successful entreprenuer who can push everyone around. The only difference is, while Rupert Murdoch, Richard Branson and others actually boast TNCs and successful multinational brands, all Vince has to offer is a seedy, bottoming-out wrestling promotion and a series of failed ventures such as the WBF, ICO PRO and the XFL. And anyone who thinks he can beat the WWF - who have used the fucking letters for over 40 years - needs a reality check; the dude could barely get the PTC off his back, let alone a company who have a legitimate victory in both a legal and moral sense.

Guest BillyTheStud
Poor Vince might have to give up that $4 million+ salary.

I'd say it's more likely that guys like Paul London and Stevie Richards will be out of a job...

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Exactly. If Vince hadn't been stupid enough to sign that ridiculous fucking agreement in the first place, he wouldn't be in the mess he is now. Then to turn around and violate the agreement--well, the panda-fuckers would have to be idiots to miss out on an opportunity for free money. It's not their fault that Vince is so dumb.

The pandas didn't screw Vince, Vince screwed Vince.

The pandas didn't screw Vince, Vince screwed Vince.

Word. Give the WWF their money and help them save the planet, God knows it needs it.