TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Taboo Tuesday Buy Rate

Guest Shutterspeed

To state the blatantly fucking obvious, the bottom line is simply that Vince needs to start delivering quality programming that the viewers actually want to see if he wants things to change. If he doesn't, things won't.

If he wants to continue this trend with 2 PPVs in a month...then there should be some prices changes....19.95 for each show...plus discounts for those who order both PPVs in a month..

You guys are forgetting they were up against the Yankees/Red Sox ALCS Game 6. You know they'll use that excuse.

Guest Shutterspeed

You're right, but no matter what excuses he uses, the product is still lackluster and the excuses don't change that.

Survivor Series: 170,000 - 225,000

Puerto Rican PPV: 130,000 - 160,000

Armageddon: 150,000 - 170,000

Royal Rumble: 280,000 - 375,000

Would these be safe guesses?

Those look like reasonable estimates. SS will be lucky to get in the high end of your guess range, both due to a glut of PPV's, and no matches on the card that can draw a big buy. Armageddon and the Puerto Rican PPV will probably do even worse than Taboo Tuesday, because they're 'B' shows and are too close together. The Rumble could do in the range you suggest, but I think it will probably be in the lower end. I think certain people are underestimating the damage that having so many PPV's will do to the Rumble buy rate, regardless of the novelty value it has. Of course, those same people will also insist the Rumble will do the same 580,000 buys it did last year, while ignoring the fact that the PPV climate has changed and business is down.

Those look like reasonable estimates. SS will be lucky to get in the high end of your guess range, both due to a glut of PPV's, and no matches on the card that can draw a big buy. Armageddon and the Puerto Rican PPV will probably do even worse than Taboo Tuesday, because they're 'B' shows and are too close together. The Rumble could do in the range you suggest, but I think it will probably be in the lower end. I think certain people are underestimating the damage that having so many PPV's will do to the Rumble buy rate, regardless of the novelty value it has. Of course, those same people will also insist the Rumble will do the same 580,000 buys it did last year, while ignoring the fact that the PPV climate has changed and business is down.

Why do you keep posting on this subject when it's already been proven that you have no idea what you're talking about? Seriously.

Why do you keep posting on this subject when it's already been proven that you have no idea what you're talking about? Seriously.

This from the guy/girl who hasn't contributed anything to the thread beyond some lame namecalling and not much else. When you can make posts that are more than one-dimensional attempts at trolling, feel free to contribute. Until then, it's you who should stop posting.

Rumble will do between 350,000 and 400,000 thousand.

They will never get about 225,000 buys on any PPV when they hold two a month unless they reduce price. Which they won't do.

Survivor Series could do 300,000 but unless they add some big matches, I can't see it doing more than that. Maybe 325,000 but I'll be shocked if it does less than 275,000.

After awhile though, the prices will begin to hurt them. Especially with Christmas coming up, budgets will become even tighter.

A major factor in the Rumble buy rate will be Randy Orton. It's pretty obvious that with Randy having 'lost' any more chances at the Raw Title, that he's going to get his WM XXI match against Hunter by either winning the Rumble, or by losing Rumble due to some big screwjob, and then having to earn the shot at a Raw or No Way Out. The key to how that affects the Rumble is how over they can get Orton and his quest to win the Rumble in the run-up to the event. Right now, Orton isn't over to anywhere close to where his quest for the Rumble, or anything else for that matter, will draw a big buy rate. If they can somehow get him over to where the fans really want him to win the Rumble, and they genuinely think he can win it, then that will overcome almost any damage that will be done by the number of PPV's, and overall quality of the product.

And I believe Unforgiven did in the low 200,000 range.

This from the guy/girl who hasn't contributed anything to the thread beyond some lame namecalling and not much else. When you can make posts that are more than one-dimensional attempts at trolling, feel free to contribute. Until then, it's you who should stop posting.

Hey, don't hate on me for calling out your bullshit. Trying to look like an expert in this thread while not knowing your ass from your elbow.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I dont think the Rumble has to do with one guy (generally anyway) as the draw. I think its just about the state of the product at the time. When business is good people will order the show more than any other show except for Mania. But I think that has to do with the match itself, rather than one guy trying to win it.

Thats why I think this year will see the same decline that Summerslam got, and maybe even more. I think the SurvSer buyrate this year compared to last will be a better indication of how the Rumble will do.

No matter how they may try to look at it, the two-PPVs-in-a-month experiment was a bust for WWE. In numbers released by the company, the 10/3 No Mercy PPV did about 190,000 buys while Taboo Tuesday did about 170,000 buys. These are the first two shows in company history to do less than 225,000 buys and say a lot about the state of WWE’s business. While WWE will still make money from the shows, it’s becoming pretty clear that there is a saturation point for WWE events and they have probably found it.

Credit: PWInsider/Dave Scherer

Would it kill Dave Scherer to just report the news for a change and save the commentary for the WWE PR department as well as the fans in chat rooms and message boards such as this one? I swear to God, I see this same exact paragraph every month after a new Pay Per View buy rate comes in or every week after the ratings for RAW are released. I honestly don't give a shit whether he feels the show was a bust or not. The WWE is doing poor business ... we get it.

Guest krazykat72
How many buys did Unforgiven get? How about Summerslam?

Unforgiven got 220,000 and SummerSlam got 340,000, I believe.

Summerslam is closer to 375,000-385,000

I'd be shocked if Survivor Series did less that 275,000-325,000.

The fans have caught on that the big ones are the only shows *really* worth buying.

LIke I said before, the Rumble will do over 400,000. History is on it's side.

-Paul Jacobi-