TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gWIL

Election 2008

One must think about speaking skills. Does anybody know how good of speakers they are? Evan Bayh is pretty good, but his 96 DNC speech wasn't that great. What about the other guys?

Guest TootyFruity

What do you guys think of Wes Clark? He's from Arkansas, has credibility on national defense, and would make a good candidate IMO.

What do you guys think of Wes Clark? He's from Arkansas, has credibility on national defense, and would make a good candidate IMO.

I think he sucks. Plus he was endorsed by Madonna and Mikey Moore so that's -2 out of the box.

Guest Loss

I think Clark is the strongest possible Dem candidate. And I do NOT think people vote based on celebrity endorsements, even if Moore and Madonna supported him. Kerry's campaign should have proven that.

Clark was fine till he opened his mouth. The minute he started talking, the wheels didn't fall off the cart....they exploded off and burst into flames.

Guest Loss
Clark was fine till he opened his mouth. The minute he started talking, the wheels didn't fall off the cart....they exploded off and burst into flames.

A tad melodramatic, don't you think?

What did he say that was so horrible?

Guest Salacious Crumb

I don't even remember at this point but Clark came off like a colossal moron every single time he tried to talk.

correction: Brad Henry will be 45 in 2008.

Wes Clark could be a good candidate for Vice President. Vice Presidents don't really do that much anyways.

Which states would Hillary even win a primary in? not Iowa, not New Hampshire, not South Carolina.. New York and California, if she stays that long.

Has anybody asked Henry Rollins if he wants to run?

He lost miserably in 2004, so I doubt he gets another look.

Well, more correctly I think he was completely knocked out of the picture in late 2003, but it seems longer. Did he run for the 2000 election?

Clark I would think would be less likely of a choice than Edwards, even.

Did Clark have ANY policy positions?

http://www.clark04.com/issues/

Guest MikeSC

He was FIRED as a general. That's part of his resume that gets ignored. Clinton removed him,

There is a reason that happened.

-=Mike

He was FIRED as a general. That's part of his resume that gets ignored. Clinton removed him,

There is a reason that happened.

-=Mike

"One lingering question about General Clark's résumé is why his NATO tour came to an abrupt end in 2000. He was not fired by the White House, as some accounts have suggested. Rather, former officials of the Clinton administration say, his tour was cut short by Defense Secretary William S. Cohen and Gen. H. Hugh Shelton, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who were still smarting over their differences with the NATO commander."

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/03/politics...6&ex=1083384000

Hilary Clinton 11/4

Rudolph Giuliani 15/2

Bill Richardson 9/1

John Edwards 10/1

Tom Ridge 12/1

Bill First 14/1

Colin Powell 16/1

Jeb Bush 16/1

George Pataki 20/1

Barack Obama 20/1

Bob Ehrlich 28/1

Chuck Hagel 40/1

John McCain 28/1

Tom Daschle 40/1

Al Gore 50/1

Howard Dean 66/1

Condoleezza Rice 66/1

Elizabeth Dole 66/1

Others On Request

Any experts in American politics wanna pick someone who is a good value bet out of this list. Anyone who does not know how it works if for instance i put $1 on Tom Ridge i win $12, if i bet $100 i get $1,200

Frist and Giuliani have the best chances as of now. One of them will probably replace Cheney if he has another health scare, which gives them the inside track for 2008.

The Democrats should reveal Bill Clinton's Mexican brother Billmondo Clinton, who looks and sounds exactly like Bill only he has a mustache and laughs loudly after every sentence.

I agree with the statement that the Democratic party should have backed Joe Lieberman for '04.

I wouldn't object to Kerry running again in '08 but a lot of it depends on what the next four years are like. If Bush falls on his face and we are still in red ink from the war, terrorisim is still running rampant across the world despite what will by then be millions of deaths of US Soldiers, North Korea being a bigger threat than ever, many Americans out of work, etc. - Kerry's platform is right there. He will be the first person thought of when people regret their decision to go with Bush in '04.

Even though the margin of Bush's win was disappointing to the Democratic party, the fact that Kerry earned 55 million votes, the second highest in a Presidential election (to George of course), should not go without notice.

What the Democratic party should be the most concerned with is winning back some votes in the midwest and the south. The Kerry campaign neglected that part of the country. I thought the whole point of bringing Edwards aboard was to send him to those areas where his southern accent would connect more with people in those regions than Kerry's intellect?

If running the Hillary and Obama, I think the party would run into the same thing they ran into this year. California, PA, states in the Northeast and the rest of the blue states would more than likely embrace such a ticket. I don't think those red states are necessarily ready to elect a woman to the office of President. Not to mention a woman AND a black man if they groomed Obama for the VP role. This is the same country where 59 million people were more concerned with two dudes or two chicks getting married and sharing health insurance and benefits than the Bush administration's blunders, American soldiers dying in a war started under false pretenses, lack of jobs within the country with more jobs being outsourced overseas, etc.

Millions of US soldiers dead....

How the hell would that happen? Are we invading China tomorrow and no one told me???

Do we even have millions of soldiers to lose? Have we lost millions of soldiers COMBINED in every war we have fault yet?

what will by then be millions of deaths of US Soldiers

Um, that's kind of hyperbolic.

hyper0.gif

I meant the other definiton.

2. (Rhet.) Relating to, containing, or of the nature of, hyperbole; exaggerating or diminishing beyond the fact; exceeding the truth; as, an hyperbolical expression. ``This hyperbolical epitaph.'' --Fuller.

How the hell would that happen? Are we invading China tomorrow and no one told me???

Do we even have millions of soldiers to lose? Have we lost millions of soldiers COMBINED in every war we have fault yet?

I think we do have over a million. And here's a chart of casualties from various wars.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004615.html

If running the Hillary and Obama, I think the party would run into the same thing they ran into this year. California, PA, states in the Northeast and the rest of the blue states would more than likely embrace such a ticket. I don't think those red states are necessarily ready to elect a woman to the office of President. Not to mention a woman AND a black man if they groomed Obama for the VP role.

I don't think even the blue states are ready for that. If the next four years go well enough and the GOP selects a strong candidate, Hillary and Obama will surely lose Kerry states like Wisconsin, Michigan, and New Hampshire. Possibly even Connecticut and Oregon.

Like I said, Geraldine Ferraro II: Electric Boogaloo

I think we do have over a million. And here's a chart of casualties from various wars.

Yeah, but do we have millions?

And we aren't even close to a million soldier deaths total in every war we have fought. So what the heck, someone jumped the gun.

Yeah, but do we have millions?

And we aren't even close to a million soldier deaths total in every war we have fought. So what the heck, someone jumped the gun.

Yeah, maybe not millionS.