TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Weekend Boxoffice Report, Nov 19-21

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Barron is way off here, guys. National Treasure was a surprise, and was marketed completely wrong in my estimation (which is why so many here think it sucks).

It isn't an action movie. It's a Mystery/Adventure. Very, VERY, little violence and a lot of historical stuff and chase scenes.

Guest El Satanico

When will everyone understand that the general movie going public likes predictable. They don't want unpredictable Holiday comedies, they want brain candy to "cope" with the madness of the holidays.

Barron is way off here, guys. National Treasure was a surprise, and was marketed completely wrong in my estimation (which is why so many here think it sucks).

It isn't an action movie. It's a Mystery/Adventure. Very, VERY, little violence and a lot of historical stuff and chase scenes.

I didn't see the movie-

I just said the trailer made no sense and it looked very stupid.

I never said XMas with the Kranks won't do well- but the trailer gave away

Guest El Satanico

Well Bad Santa wasn't exactly unpredictable...it was what everyone expected it was going to be.

Besides, I believe it was just middle of the pack for it's 3 or 4 week run in the top ten.

Well Bad Santa wasn't exactly unpredictable...it was what everyone expected it was going to be.

Besides, I believe it was just middle of the pack for it's 3 or 4 week run in the top ten.

Bad Santa cost 60 million and had a production budget of only 20 million.

20.5% of its gross was earned in its opening weekend which is really good. It wasn't a predictable XMas movie at all

Guest El Satanico

I didn't say it wasn't successful. It was successful because it stuck at around #5 at the box office for like a month.

Yes it was predictable, as the trailers told you what to expect and the movie delivered what the trailers told you to expect. Now if it had a nice shiny happy happy Disney ending, then it would've been unpredictable. Just like cookie cutter happy Holiday films would be unpredictable if they had an ending that wasn't entirely happy.

By the way...

When I call Bad Santa predictable, I don't mean it in a negative way.