TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

SI:Sports Person of the Year

The issue is out next week. Just wanted to get people's opinions on who should win, and who will win.

Pat Tillman will win and should win. Thinking about it though. Tillman should of won the honor in 2002 or 2003. Giving up a million dollar career to serve your country should be reason enough, it shouldn't take being killed in action to give you the reward.

I say... Barry Bonds!

Sure he takes steroids, and acts like a total dick, but he does it in a funny way. The best thing is that he can tell every reporter in the locker room to fuck off and they'll still be back sucking his dick three hours later. He is to baseball what Eminem was to music before he sold out.

Guest Nanks

It should definitely be Federer or Singh. But they'll probably give it to someone who's only the best in the US as opposed to being the best in the world.

So Tillman will win because he died? That's retarded. SI is a few years too late in giving this award to him. This is like Time not giving bin Laden Person of the Year in 2001, which doesn't surprise me because I believe both publications are owned under the same corporate umbrella...

That's Sportsman, you PC fag

Tillman will probably win, although, like kkk said, they should have given it to him back when he quit to go into the Rangers, not now.

As for who I want to win it... aw hell, I don't really care at this point

SI hasn't been a good magazine since the early 90's.

I stopped caring about their opinions when they tried to claim the US WOMEN'S SOCCER TEAM was the Sports Person of the Year.

Good run, but I was more impressed with Armstrong THAT year than them.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I love all the advertisments for Red Sox shit on that link.