TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I want to be locked in a recording studio with Agent of Oblivion, a variety of musical instruments and related equipment, and an unlimited supply of alcohol and hallucinogenic drugs, and see what happens.

You'd have the worst weekend of your life.

Guest Derek Bailey
Have The Pixies ever made a good video or are they all shite?

Nope. Frank Black's 'Headache' vid is ok, but it's almost as if the pixies tried to make them awful.

The Velouria video is great in a completely unwatchable after a minute kind of way.

Guest BrokenWings

I've only seen it once, but I vaguely remember it and would like to see it again. I figure someone here will probably know the name.

There's this music video where the entire time this guy is getting nailed by cars. Then at the end of the video there's a car coming at him, and he outstretches his arms and the car demolishes around him.

It was an awesome video. One of the greatest I've seen. Any ideas?

I've only seen it once, but I vaguely remember it and would like to see it again. I figure someone here will probably know the name.

There's this music video where the entire time this guy is getting nailed by cars.  Then at the end of the video there's a car coming at him, and he outstretches his arms and the car demolishes around him.

It was an awesome video. One of the greatest I've seen.  Any ideas?

"Rabbit in Your Headlights," UNKLE featuring Thom Yorke? I don't remember the demolishing car, but that's the only video I know with a guy getting hit by cars again and again.

On the Pixies, I guess the "Alec Eiffel" video is the closest they've come to doing a video that was kinda serious or at least supposed to be "cool." The "Velouria" one is my favorite for the same reasons Fooster illuminated.

Guest BrokenWings
"Rabbit in Your Headlights," UNKLE featuring Thom Yorke? I don't remember the demolishing car, but that's the only video I know with a guy getting hit by cars again and again.

That's the one. There is a demolished car at the end, which I'm actually surprised I remember. Anyone who wants to check it out can.

Also, tonight I'm going to see Against Me!, Murder By Death, and The Saint Catherines.

Where can I find a copy of Deceit by This Heat for less than $150.00? You would think that something so highly-regarded amongst critics and that was released by Rough Trade wouldn't be so desperately rare.

Edited by 5_moves_of_doom

Trio keeps playing an A-Ha live concert from 2002 or 2003 in Norway, and they're playing this packed arena. I find out they're one of the headliners of the Berlin portion of the Live Aid 2 concert. I find it amusing, they're still superstars in Europe and it got me pondering I wonder if there are any superstars here in the US, that were one-hit wonders in Europe and all of the Europeans are laughing at us for still liking them?

Funk/rock veterans 311 are set to release their eighth studio album July 26.

This is also my first post using the brand new board.

Edited by TOFFEE-FILLED KANE

I liked it. I used to be a big fan of 311, , but their last couple albums were kind of "meh". They were pretty good when I saw them at the Warped Tour a few years abck, though.

Hopefully the album will turn out okay. My birthday is on July 30th, and I'll probably end up buying quite a few CDs with the cash I'll get.

I liked it.  I used to be a big fan of 311, , but their last couple albums were kind of "meh".  They were pretty good when I saw them at the Warped Tour a few years abck, though.

Hopefully the album will turn out okay.  My birthday is on July 30th, and I'll probably end up buying quite a few CDs with the cash I'll get.

I'll give you that. My main problem with "From Chaos" is that except for the melodic gems, they didn't do enough to progress their sound. The funny thing is that a handful of those songs rank with some of the best work 311's ever done. It's just too few and far between, though.

"Evolver" was a relief for me, since it was following "From Chaos". I felt like it was a step up, if not a full return to form. Even though a Beatles-influenced album is a refreshing change for them, 311 need to remember that funky rhythms are their bread and butter. There's a reason "Don't Dwell" is my favorite track.

That said, there's supposedly a slathering of reggae influences on the new album.

Guest BrokenWings

I don't know if it's leaked all over the place, or if it's just recent, but if anyone wants a link to download the new Foo Fighters double CD, shoot me a PM.

Guest DonVito

I've had that new Coldplay song Speed of Sound stuck in my head for almost 48 hours now...

And check your PMs BrokenWings.

311 makes me fall asleep.