TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rising up out of the back seat-nuh

Preach to me!

In truth, they're overly cheesy...but tolerable in the Scatman John sorta way. Certainly helps that they don't take themselves seriously at all, considering one of the synth players dresses like Jason Voorhees (if he was in a glam rock band), another like a Deadite from Army of Darkness (specifically the one that gets its hand cut off in The Pit), the female singer like a Tolkien elve, the programmer like a member of Devo, and the male vocalist like a blend of Jonathan Davis and P-Diddy.

"Victims, Aren't We All" is a pretty good tune, too. And "A Little Extreme" is worth listening to for the Joey Styles samples.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Pick up some Ducky Boys stuff. I've only heard a few tracks outside of when I saw them open for Rock And Shock '04 (when Misfits headlined, back in October), but it's pretty fun Boston punk in the vein of early DropKick Murphys.

Did you even look at what he said he listened to? Does it look like he'll be into that garbage? I'd wager a guess of no.

Actually, I did. Boston punk and skate punk? NOT THE SAME, JERKY. There's more of a minor hardcore influence in Boston punk, and a whole lot of rockabilly feel to it. It's pretty much punk at its most purest, or at least as pure as it can get these days.

Find some Deadites stuff, too. Decent goth-y dance shit, and a lot of their lyrics are wrestling-influenced.

Boston punk or skate punk, he didn't even hint at wanting anything "punk".

You said the Queen Is Dead sucks? I'm not helping.

Okay I will, don't listen to that Homophobe Corey, he once hinted that anyone who likes the Smiths is clearly gay, or at least quoted a famous person who said that (famous for being shitty I'm sure). Anyone that insecure in their manhood probably doesn't recommend music worth listening.

I totally didn't read what you wanted, I'll just tell you to get some Pixies. You probably don't have any, I will check and edit this if you already have it, in that case to save the edit I will recommend some My Bloody Valentine, and perhaps some Sonic Youth and Siamese Dream. I know they're the Smashing Pumpkins and Billy's antics scare people away, but that's an essential album in my humble opinion.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I think I'm gonna seriously give Johnny Cash a shot when people stop pretending to care about him.

Your outlook puzzles me

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Find some Deadites stuff, too. Decent goth-y dance shit, and a lot of their lyrics are wrestling-influenced.

This sounds like the worst idea for a band ever.

The only way to make it better is to name the band something about horror cheese!

You said the Queen Is Dead sucks? I'm not helping.

Okay I will, don't listen to that Homophobe Corey, he once hinted that anyone who likes the Smiths is clearly gay, or at least quoted a famous person who said that (famous for being shitty I'm sure). Anyone that insecure in their manhood probably doesn't recommend music worth listening.

I totally didn't read what you wanted, I'll just tell you to get some Pixies. You probably don't have any, I will check and edit this if you already have it, in that case to save the edit I will recommend some My Bloody Valentine, and perhaps some Sonic Youth and Siamese Dream. I know they're the Smashing Pumpkins and Billy's antics scare people away, but that's an essential album in my humble opinion.

Got Pixies, Pumpkins and MBV covered, with SY on the download.

Bang on!

Yes, because if I'd have recommended Johnny Cash, it would thus prove Johnny Cash is not worth listening, right?

I should rephrase as something that you alone would recommend.

Hank Williams Sr. is also quite good country tit.

How'd you find the Pixies, MBV and Siamese Dream stuff?

Yes, because if I'd have recommended Johnny Cash, it would thus prove Johnny Cash is not worth listening, right?

I should rephrase as something that you alone would recommend.

Because I jokingly said that a band you like is terrible. Right.

As for something that MIGHT be a little more "up your alley"...God Lives Underwater. They're a techno band, but a tolerable techno band.