TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Chappelle's Show season 2 DVD info

from dvdtalk.com

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2538

2 weeks ago we published our news story bringing you more details of the DVDs for Chappelle's Show - Season 2 Uncensored. Now we have the final details in from Paramount Home Entertainment.

The Feb. 8th release will be on 3 discs, as we mentioned, containing 13 episodes (it looks like the 3 special eps that ended the season - two "best of" clip shows and a "music jump-off" show - are not included) and running 275 minutes (that's a change from Paramount over the previous time given, which had said 308). In addition to the main first-run episodes from that season, we have a nice list of extras:

* Audio commentaries by Dave Chappelle and series co-creator Neal Brennan

* Two unaired Charlie Murphy Hollywood Stories

* The Rick James extended interview

* Extra stand-up from Dave Chappelle

* Over 1 hour of bloopers and deleted scenes

Video is full screen format. Dolby Digital English Stereo and closed captioning for the hearing-impaired are the language-related options. Estimated street price is around $30 in the USA, according to Paramount, and Amazon agrees with that general range per their pre-order listing selling at $27.29 if you order now. Here's another look at the box and discs:

ChappellesShow_S2.jpg

"music jump-off" show - are not included) and running 275 minutes (that's a change from Paramount over the previous time given, which had said 308)

That means they didn't spring for music rights.

Bah.

This is great. I just got the season 1 DVDs, but I had been wondering when season 2 would come out. Season 2 was the better season in my opinion.

I have half the episodes on tape, but having them all in condensed DVd format along with those killer extras is going to be awesome.

This is going to be a loooooooooong two months...

This is a guranteed pick-up for me. There were so many classic skits in this season. Both True Hollywood Stories, Making the Band, the Racial Draft, Lil Jon, the entire failure show. Though Season 1 was great, Season 2 blows it out of the water

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Shit, you better reserve it now. I see this selling out faster than S1.

season 2 also holds my favorite Mooney line:

"The Last Samurai starring TOM CRUISE??? I'm gonna make a move, it's gonna be called The Last Nigga Alive....starring Tom Hanks!"

or something to that effect...

Guest Brian

Black Bush was some funny shit.

Mos: Me and Jeb just came back from Africa.

Some Black Dude: Cradle of fucking Civilization.

And Dave Chapelle booking when questioned about Oil. And Dave talking to the UN. Oh man, some black guy was just hilarious. And Dave naming the allies.

Guest Evolution

I'm surprised no one has brought up Kneehigh Park (Sesame Street about STDs). Did everyone else not love that skit as much as I did?

I'm surprised no one has brought up Kneehigh Park (Sesame Street about STDs). Did everyone else not love that skit as much as I did?

Yeah, that's one of my all-time favortie Chappelle show skits!

Guest Brian

I love kneehigh, and I think everyone does. That was one-great, stand-alone episode of Chappelle. But I was focused on one of the less-mentioned skits.

awesome. too bad they dont go for music rights cuz it was funny when dave kept making DMX sing different songs by pushing buttons.

White People Dancing may be my fav skit of the year though.

"white people like electric guitar, black people, we prefer drums, and latinos love electric piano and drums with spanish gibberish over it"

the wayne brady ep was great for lines

"Oh s--- its Wayne Brady son!!!"

"Smoke it Dave, look n#@$^ this is not an option"

"Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

"I'm Wayne Brady Bitch!!!!!!!!!!"

This was one of my favorite this season. The Oscar chacter was gold!

"What you don't understand, is I make love to my hand, I don't need you honey, I beat my dick like it owe me money!"