TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest scratch

Question about PPV Webcasts

Guest scratch

I was just thinking about ordering the webcast for Armageddon, since I won't be home on Sunday night, but I've been looking all over the place for reviews/critiques of webcasts, to no avail.

So I ask, how are the general quality of webcasts? Are they worth it, or should I just wait to watch the DVD when it comes out? Any info would be appreciated.

--Scratch

If your connection can handle 100K (good) or 300K (REALLY good) without slowdown, get it.

The quality of the card is another matter.

Quality is decent if you have high speed, but I stopped getting them when they raised the price to $34.95 from $17.95.

Same here. At 17.95 they were a bargain, and I didn't mind ordering even the lackluster looking cards, now that they've doubled the price, no way. I've ordered only one since the price hike and that was Unforgiven (and I really have no idea what possesed me to do that. I think a combination of boredom/nothing to do that night and an interest in HHH/Orton).

Guest scratch

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated!! No Armageddon for me. I just saw the Smackdown spoilers. Blech!!

--Scratch

$35 for a webcast? That defeats the purpose. Just the order the motherfucker on PPV.

I got 'em before because I'm in a dorm room and can't order PPV. But now that they're $35 it's a ripoff.

$35 for a webcast? That defeats the purpose. Just the order the motherfucker on PPV.

I got 'em before because I'm in a dorm room and can't order PPV. But now that they're $35 it's a ripoff.

Same here!

Now when I'm at home I dont even order them on TV, I just hit the local Hooters with a couple friends and watch it for free (not counting food and drink). I spend enough money on TNA and MMA PPVs now anyway!

Guest Salacious Crumb

A sports bar is the best way to go about WWF PPVs anymore. They haven't put on a show worth $35 in a long time (especially when they release them on DVD for $20 within a few months).

Guest Lawlerm

I really don't see how they can make any money at that sort of price. If its basically the same cost as the PPV then they must be marketing it at people who don't have the facility to buy the PPV so maybe doing some sort of deal that if you order the webcast they give you the DVD when released as well would be worthwhile.

I really don't see how they can make any money at that sort of price. If its basically the same cost as the PPV then they must be marketing it at people who don't have the facility to buy the PPV so maybe doing some sort of deal that if you order the webcast they give you the DVD when released as well would be worthwhile.

They offer a slew of matches from the vault avaliable to watch for a week along with the webcast.

Guest Lawlerm

Ye i forgot you got those. They're just streaming though you don't actually get to keep the matches i don't think. Most people aren't gonna be temped if they don't actually get a product that they keep at the end of it.

The pricing is all wrong for the webcast...even with the extra features....the price should go above 30 bucks....I think 19.95 for the PPV with the vault extras is a good price...