TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phenom

OAO Armageddon Thread.

Guest The Shadow Behind You
My suggestion is to start liking JBL or not watch Smackdown.

Done.

The only reason I even read the results is the slim possibility that they'll take the belt off of him.

He's their best option. Everyone else is stale (Taker, Cena, Angle) or has shown they're not ready (Eddie)

Cena isn't stale, his character is but he's fresh in the sense that he hasn't been at the main event scene save for that one month abortion with brock last spring.

Eddy and Kurt are burnt out.

I know The IWC hates JBL but they really need to realize unless Lesnar comes back or Shawn or Jericho jumps ship...JBL is the BEST option.

Done.

The only reason I even read the results is the slim possibility that they'll take the belt off of him.

He's their best option. Everyone else is stale (Taker, Cena, Angle) or has shown they're not ready (Eddie)

I honestly can't argue that JBL's stale since I quit watching, but I will argue that having someone else as champ would've prevented the belt from being turned into a joke.

As far as Eddie not being "ready"...yeah, too bad about his personal problems, but he was a good champ.

SD! is the host brand for NWO.

And it's in Pittsburgh.

where I honestly believe the Hometown Invitational angle reaches a end (in Kurt's hometown) where Shawn jumps the barricade while Angle beats down some jobber and SCM's Angle and goes "This may not be my hometown and It's yours but this ring is my home, I kicked your ass in it."

reading Meltzer's PPV report and this past week's Observer, it looks like they are building towards Cena v JBL at WM for the title.

...Shit, had to change pants after that one. My underwear are definitely creamed after reading that...and if Cena wins...*OH MY GOD!*...*dies in front of computer*...

I know The IWC hates JBL but they really need to realize unless Lesnar comes back or Shawn or Jericho jumps ship...JBL is the BEST option.

Shawn can't jump ship to Smackdown. That might lead to a better product. We can't have that.

reading Meltzer's PPV report and this past week's Observer, it looks like they are building  towards Cena v JBL at WM for the title.

:throwup: I think I'm going to be sick.

That would've made a good US Title feud last summer.

Guest LooneyTune

JBL vs. Cena and Orton vs. HHH main eventing WM XXI? Well, this is the first Wrestlemania I won't be ordering since forever, unless they pull a miracle and make every under-card match great (with Heidenreich/Snitsky vs. Kane/UT teased, I doubt it)

Guest Askewniverse

And it's in Pittsburgh.

where I honestly believe the Hometown Invitational angle reaches a end (in Kurt's hometown) where Shawn jumps the barricade while Angle beats down some jobber and SCM's Angle and goes "This may not be my hometown and It's yours but this ring is my home, I kicked your ass in it."

What about HBK's unresolved issue with Edge?

Done.

I honestly can't argue that JBL's stale since I quit watching, but I will argue that having someone else as champ would've prevented the belt from being turned into a joke.

As far as Eddie not being "ready"...yeah, too bad about his personal problems, but he was a good champ.

Not really.

'Taker getting another run is a bigger joke.

Booker getting a title run after being buried for years would be a travesty

Angle getting another title run despite bombing so many times and being unreliable with his constant injuries shouldn't get the belt.

Eddy can't handle the pressure of the title and the status.

Cena has been groomed for a WM title spot for a year now anyways...

who else on the card was ready for it? Bradshaw might be a horrid worker but he's a good performer with the stick and unless they had shifted a raw worker over, they had no one.

Done.

I'm not really a JBL fan...but how can anyone still say the title is a joke? Yea..maybe because when you think about it...JBL is 'Justin Hawk Layfield' or whatever...but HHH is just Jean Paul Levesque, and The Rock is still just...that guy in the blue tassles with the fucked up hair.

IMO, as demonstrated by the video packages earlier, they have done a good job building JBL, and the title. Like some other champions, they've been pushing that this is something so important, so 'worthy' that JBL would do anything to keep it. He'd cheat any kind of way...and try to lie his way to a win against Eddie...or downright cheat Booker, ,or even...use his evil ways to get past 'The AMAZING Undertaker!'.

That's how important it is. And also, JBL's promos regarding the title...are somewhat entertaining..(I guess) and definitely are leagues better then they were when he first won it. (or maybe that's just because I hated him at the time). But like I said, now when I think about it..the whole, he would do ANYTHING to keep it, comes to mind.

Guest LooneyTune

JBL vs. Carlito would be a better feud than JBL vs. Cena. At least Carlito is entertaining in and out of the ring.

JBL vs. Carlito would be a better feud than JBL vs. Cena. At least Carlito is entertaining in and out of the ring.

But they're saving Carlito for an interpromotional feud with Tajiri...Mist vs. Apple Spit.

And it's in Pittsburgh.

Easy.

Either have Shawn return @ NYR to screw Edge in the tournament(should they have one and blow it off @ Rumble in a Street Fight. At that show; Angle and Edge should have another choice meeting where Angle takes another shot at HBK. Edge goes over Shawn in a bloody match. Edge celebrates alone when Angle walks by and edge goes "U see that Kurt? I just kicked Shawn's ass" and Angle goes "Ha! So? Like that means anything. You beat up a broken down has been. congrats edge. big deal. Excuse me, I'm going to go beat 29 men and earn my shot at the title at WM and Main event. Which...you HAVEN'T done. Good job tonight kid. really".

Angle lasts awhile in the rumble and Shawn runs out and screws him out. Angle talks hit about Shawn for a bit calling him a has been and way past his prime. Shawn claims he's proven time and time again, that when the odds are against him, he's always come out the winner. Then Angle makes a Hometown challenge in his own hometown and beats down some jobber at will and then Shawn returns.

It's not that hard.

And it's in Pittsburgh.

Easy.

Either have Shawn return @ NYR to screw Edge in the tournament(should they have one and blow it off @ Rumble in a Street Fight. At that show; Angle and Edge should have another choice meeting where Angle takes another shot at HBK. Edge goes over Shawn in a bloody match. Edge celebrates alone when Angle walks by and edge goes "U see that Kurt? I just kicked Shawn's ass" and Angle goes "Ha! So? Like that means anything. You beat up a broken down has been. congrats edge. big deal. Excuse me, I'm going to go beat 29 men and earn my shot at the title at WM and Main event. Which...you HAVEN'T done. Good job tonight kid. really".

Angle lasts awhile in the rumble and Shawn runs out and screws him out. Angle talks hit about Shawn for a bit calling him a has been and way past his prime. Shawn claims he's proven time and time again, that when the odds are against him, he's always come out the winner. Then Angle makes a Hometown challenge in his own hometown and beats down some jobber at will and then Shawn returns.

It's not that hard.

we are talking WWE remember

Keller:

"Before the match, JBL solemnly hugged his title belt as his Cabinet looked on with sad faces. Basically, they played up JBL's resignation to losing the title so strongly, it was the equivalent of the announcers yelling, "This is it! It's over" during a pin attempt that ends with a kickout before three. In other words, JBL is retaining the title based on WWE's predictable, hammer-over-the-head reverse psychology."

Bradshaw might be a horrid worker but he's a good performer with the stick and unless they had shifted a raw worker over, they had no one.

You hit the mark with that last part about moving someone over.

I'm not really a JBL fan...but how can anyone still say the title is a joke?

Wasn't the champ a tag team jobber the PPV before getting his title shot?

When was the last time it was given the ME slot in a joint brand PPV?

Kayfabe or not, is there anyone who really thinks Bradshaw could win a title match?

His reign represents everything that's wrong with "sports entertainment".

Guest LooneyTune

Bradshaw is the 2004 version of 2000 Kurt Angle and 1987-88 Honky Tonk Man... minus the heat of HTM... and minus the talent of Angle.

Bradshaw is the 2004 version of 2000 Kurt Angle and 1987-88 Honky Tonk Man... minus the heat of HTM... and minus the talent of Angle.

So what does that make him?

The reactions Cena gets while on the mic and the ring doesn't back up your statement. If Cena is headlining WM21 with JBL then I might as well send WWE my 50 bucks right now.

Guest LooneyTune

Cena's shitty promos and even worse matches makes me staple my $50 to my wallet and plan an assassination of Cena the next time he makes another gay joke in his rap (waits for Smackdown).