TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Slay Ride Losing Matches

I wrote the introduction and everything after "just in time" for the pin. Korgath wrote the rest.

"This PPV is moving at light-speed, Riley, and we're moving on to our next big match! It's going to be veteran Tag Team Wild and Dangerous going up against the team of "The Icon" Max King...and of all people, a challenger for the Women's Title later tonight, Kelly "The Queen" Connelly."

Riley laughs a bit. "That's right, and how surprised will Wild and Dangerous be when King and Kelly get the victory. I'd LOVE to see Kelly get the pin on Dangerous...imagine the future Women's Champion for the second time getting the victory over a FORMER World Champion."

"I really think Kelly doesn't know what she has gotten herself into here, Riley." Comet notes. "I'm figuring that King is just going to make this an unofficial Handicap match and just wrestle the entire thing himself."

"We'll see Comet...we'll see."

The camera goes up to the ring now, where Funyon is waiting with the microphone in hand.

Funyon: The following tag team contest, scheduled for one fall with a 40-minute time limit, is to determine the NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS for the SWF World Tag Team Championship!

The sounds of Prodigy's "Fuel My Fire" cue up over the speakers, causing an ERUPTION of cheers from the crowd, as the former Tag Team Champions make their way out.

Funyon: Introducing first...at a total combined weight of 431 pounds...first, from Las Vegas, Nevada...JOHNNY...DANGEROUS! And his partner, from the Bahamas...THE WILDCHILD! Together, they are former SWF Tag Team Champions...and one of the premier teams in SWF History...WILD...AND...DANGEROUS!

"Listen to the obvious bias by Funyon to these two washed rejects!" Riley notes. "I bet he has money placed down on their victory in the back."

"Well, while I don't condone gambling, it seems like it would be a good bet, seeing that King's partner isn't exactly a wrestling connoisseur." Comet notes. "Wild and Dangerous back together is a major boost in the arm for the SWF Tag Team Division, and you have to KNOW that they have their sights set on those Tag Team Titles, currently held by members of Revolution Zero."

"Good luck getting the belts of those guys...unfortunately, that's for EITHER team" Riley notes.

Wild and Dangerous get into the ring, climbing up the turnbuckles to pose for the crowd...just as "Superstar" starts to play over the speakers!

"BOOOOOOOOOOO!"

From the entryway, flanked by an explosion of fireworks, comes "The Icon" Max King and Kelly "The Queen" Connelly. King is wearing his normal ring attire, while Kelly is, surprisingly, still in her business-suit that she wears when managing.

Funyon: And their opponents, at an undisclosed combined weight...former Intercontinental Television Champion and former Women's Champion respectively...the team...of "THE ICON" MAX KING...AND KELLY..."THE QUEEN"...CONNELLY!

"King and Connelly making their way to the ring, but why isn't Kelly dressed in her ring attire, Riley? Could I have been right that she's just going to let King do all of the work?" Comet questions.

"Well, this does seem a kind of strange strategy, but I'm sure that there's a good plan on the minds of Kelly and King here." Riley notes.

Wild and Dangerous walk over to the referee, talking to him about the outfit Kelly is wearing...as the two egomaniacal former champs make their way into the ring, showing off their bodies for the genders that are attracted to them. However, this still only gets a negative reaction from the crowd, as King grabs the microphone away from Funyon now.

"Now I know what you all are thinking...'Damn, these two are hot!'. ...oh, that and 'Why isn't Kelly dressed to compete tonight?' Well, that's a good question, and I have a good answer. You see...I talked to the board of directors in the back, and since Kelly already has another match, in the form of the Women's Championship match, later tonight...I have convinced them to let me get a replacement partner."

"A replacement?" Comet notes.

"See, I told you there was a good reason for this, Comet!" Riley notes.

The crowd boos at the fact that Kelly won't get her ass handed to her during this match, and Wild and Dangerous are protesting the fact that King is changing the match on them. King just smiles a bit.

"Now don't worry there, you kindergarten drop-outs." King says, pointing to Wild and Dangerous as he says that. "I didn't pull out of this match, so you still have the HONOR of facing me. As well as my partner...a man that I see great things for under my guidance...a man who just needed the right step to get over...from Nagasaki, Japan...standing 6'6" tall and weighing in at 350 pounds...The Big Demon from Japan himself, and my new bodyguard...DOMINIC...KORGATH!"

"WHAT!?" Comet calls, surprised by this announcement.

<I>"You sit alone in lightless chambers, all the love you had is gone

No one there to catch your fall, you never felt so alone

Blackened thoughts in lonely ruins, lifeless eyes an empty gaze

Death is but a promise now, life is just an empty phrase!"</I>

"Demon's Day" continues to play as Korgath steps out from the entryway, a loud negative reaction being directed his way. Wildchild and Dangerous blink in surprise at the fact that the match dynamic has been drastically changed now, and King is all smiles as he and Kelly hold the ropes for King's partner

"See, I told you that King and Kelly had a great plan on their hands, Comet! And now we're seeing it come to fruition before our eyes!" Riley states "Isn't it great to see?"

"That's only a matter of opinion, Riley. The big guy getting into the ring now, and it looks like King is going to let him start off this match against Wildchild!"

DING! DING! DING!

As soon as the bell rings, Korgath lumbers towards Wildchild, who backs away from the masked monster. Before Korgath can take another step, however, Wildchild dashes forward, his characteristic speed adding impact to the running forearm!

WHAM!

The Japanese Demon staggers backwards, stunned by the blow. Wildchild takes advantage of his opponent’s dazed reaction to leap into the air with a running dropkick!

WHAM!

Korgath stumbles backwards again, but the Big Demon’s feet remain firmly rooted on the mat! Eager to remove his bigger opponent’s advantage, Wildchild leaps around the ring, before ascending the corner turnbuckle and catching Korgath in the face with a top rope leg lariat! As Korgath takes a step backwards for the third time in the past five minutes, he tries to remain conscious, but the blow is simply too much for him to take. Korgath’s world and he crashes to the mat!

“Look at that, Riley!” screams Comet, excitedly. “Wildchild’s super speed has proven the victor over Korgath’s monstrous strength!”

“I can see that for myself, dammit,” sulks Riley. “Wild and Dangerous cheated their way to victory last week at Lockdown even though Cross and Carnage had them beat!”

Wildchild goes for the pin as referee Sexton Hardcastle begins the count.

ONE!

TW—

KICKOUT!

“Korgath avoids the pin, managing to collect his senses in time,” says Comet. “I wonder why the Bahama Bomber tried to go for the lateral press so early in the match?”

“Wildchild must want this match to be over quickly,” muses Riley. “He knows a speedy victory is the best way to defeat the power of Korgath and the brains of King.”

As Korgath rolls to his side in an attempt to get up, Wildchild quickly leaps to his feet, and begins hammering the Big Demon in the face with a series of quick right hands!

BAM!

BAM!

BAM!

BAM!

But Korgath remains unfazed by the blows, reaching back to grab Wildchild by the tights and pulling the Human Hurricane off him! Wildchild kips up again, only to set himself up for a huge Clothesline from Hell! Korgath pants for a second and rubs his arm, as if the lariat took as much out of the Demon as it did Wildchild. Nonetheless, he grabs the high-flyer and drags him towards the turnbuckles.

Over at his corner, “The Icon” Max King begins to call for the tag. Korgath reaches out a huge left hand to tag in King, the other hand still gripping the scruff of Wildchild’s neck. Propping the Bahamas Bomber against the corner, the two men begin to stomp on the mid-section of their opponent.

“Double team action from the first-time pairing of King and Korgath,” says Riley. “King’s showing Korgath how it should be done!”

WHAM!

“Johnny Dangerous leaping into the ring and raining blows on Max King,” comments Comet even as the two men begin brawling in the ring.

“Now come on, that’s illegal!” complains Riley, just as Johnny has King in an armlock. “I’ll throw the book at Sexton Hardcastle if he doesn’t do something about it!”

Indeed, the referee is having a hard time separating “The Icon” and the Secret Agent, but eventually manages to get in the way of Johnny Dangerous, forcing him back to his corner…

… which is all King and Korgath need to proceed with their destruction of Wildchild! Johnny Dangerous tries in vain to push himself past the referee to help his teammate, but Hardcastle struggles successfully against the former SWF Champion. Reluctantly, Johnny climbs between the ropes and looks on desperately for an opportunity to enter legally.

Meanwhile, Wildchild’s difficulties continue as the tag team of King and Korgath relentlessly continue their assault on the Bahama Bomber. But wait! It looks like the Human Hurricane has got his second wind! Diving between the legs of Korgath, Wildchild dashes towards the ropes at the other end of the ring before his legs connect with the neck of the Big Demon, sending the 6’6” monster through the ropes with a hurricanrana!

King seems a little confused at this turn of events, allowing himself to be smacked in the side of the head by a flying dropkick from Wildchild! King collapses to the mat and Wildchild goes for the second pin of the match!

ONE!

TW—

KICKOUT!

“Another close pin fall there by the premier tag team here in the SWF, Wild and Dangerous!” exclaims Comet.

“Close schlomose, Comet,” retorts Riley. “They’ve been pulling off desperate attempts to win the match all night long. They’ve been at the top of the tag team scene for so long, they’ve forgotten how much of a challenge some of the newer teams can be.”

“Well, that’s what this match is all about, isn’t it? An opportunity to take the titles from Rev-0!”

Wildchild dashes towards Johnny Dangerous and makes the tag. The Barracuda gets into the ring and grabs the dazed form of Max King, even as the Caribbean Cruiser scales the turnbuckle to the top rope, and arching his back and leaping into the ring…

CRASH!

… connects with King’s body with a stunning moonsault off the top rope! Wildchild leaps to his feet, bounces off the ropes, and times his move just as the Barracuda jumps into the air…

POW!

… double elbowdrop from Wild and Dangerous onto the chest of Max King! Korgath charges into the ring, royally pissed at the massive pop his opponents are getting from the crowd at the expense of his partner and plans to end it but Wild and Dangerous grab the big man, catch him in a double front-facelock and lift him overhead in one swift motion…

WHAM!

… slamming him back down onto the canvas with a double suplex onto his partner Max King!

“Wildchild and Johnny Dangerous using the momentum of Dominic Korgath to plant him with an impressive double team move! They’re really putting on a show for our audience here at SWF Slay Ride!”

“This is ridiculous!” says Riley, as bangs his hand on the announcers’ table in frustration. “Wild and Dangerous are cheating their way through the match and they’ve even got the crowd on their side!”

Johnny drops to his knees to apply a lateral press to the Big Demon as Hardcastle begins the count:

ONE!

TWO!

THR— NO!

Kivell is saying something to the Barracuda who simply howls at the referee’s honest mistake! Max King is the legal man in this altercation! Unfazed, Johnny Dangerous grabs King’s leg and lift’s it for the pin fall, as Sexton Hardcastle begins the count again!

ONE!

TWO!

THR—

KICKOUT!

The Barracuda, a little miffed right now, picks the Icon up and sets Max King up for a clothesline, but King instinctively ducks under the arm and bounces off the other side of the rope and rams a fist into the back of Johnny Dangerous! Max King continues the assault by striking the back of the Secret Agent again and again, before picking up his lighter opponent and slamming him back to the ground with a stunning backdrop suplex!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The crowd quickly turns on The Icon as the Barracuda cavorts in pain on the mat, their hopes of a Wild and Dangerous victory somewhat dashed by this turn of events. King drags Johnny into his corner drapes the Secret Agent face against the turnbuckle, smarting back exposed to the evil machinations of the Icon. King smashes two, then three elbows into the back of Johnny before tagging in the 350-pound monster, Korgath. The Big Demon from Japan grabs the middle ropes for support then…

GORE~!!

…slams his right shoulder into the lower back of Johnny Dangerous. Again and again that shoulder connects with the tailbone of the Barracuda, before Sexton Hardcastle threatens to disqualify Korgath.

Hardly perturbed by the threat of the referee, Korgath whips Johnny into the ropes and threatens to cut off the Secret Agent’s air supply with a killer lariat. The Big Demon then proceeds to stomp on the back of Johnny, showing absolutely no mercy in the process. Wildchild quickly gets the audience cheering for his teammate, while Johnny remains inert in the middle of the ring.

“LET’S GO, JOHNNY!” *CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*

All this while, not a single word proceeds from behind the mask of Korgath and no one knows his intentions until he stops stomping on the Barracuda and turns to the crowd, raising an enormous fist into the air once again. When this doesn’t affect the cheering audience much, he returns to the fallen body of Johnny Dangerous and picks it up. Another Irish whip, this time into the corner turnbuckle as the air is once more driven from the lungs of the Secret Agent.

The Big Demon tags in his partner Max King once again as the two resume their two-man beat down of the Secret Agent.

“This… this is horrible, Bobby! Johnny Dangerous is a former SWF champion!” moans Comet. “He shouldn’t be subject to such devilish treatment!”

“But this is a demonstration on the strategic genius of “The Icon” Max King!” shouts Riley in glee. “He’s constantly tagging himself in and out, keeping both himself and his teammate Dominic Korgath fresh in the match!”

King grabs the arm of Johnny Dangerous and whips him across the ring, but allowing him to escape the corner gives the Secret Agent the opportunity to gain his bearings in the ring. The Barracuda getting a head of steam on a clothesline that staggers King back a couple of steps. A second clothesline sends him further back, before Johnny charges in for a third. King sidesteps him though, catching his opponent in the back of the head with an enziguri as he rushes past, with such force that Johnny Dangerous flips over and lands on his back on the canvas!

"Beautiful!" says Riley, applauding away.

With one-half of Wild and Dangerous knocked senseless again, King drops an arm over his chest to make a pin fall attempt...

ONE!

TWO!

NO!

Cursing, King quickly gathers himself up and applies a chinlock on Johnny Dangerous with the left arm...while delivering a series of right hands on the Barracuda who tries in vain to get an arm in the way.

"Wow." mumbles Comet.

"Here, Comet, is where this one gets nasty. The Icon is so desperate to prove himself against the team of Wild and Dangerous, he's going to take out some serious vengeance on the Barracuda."

Finally King connects with his last right hand, allowing Johnny to simply slump backwards onto his back before applying a chokehold on the grounded challenger. Of course, Hardcastle can do nothing but watch on, as King starts to sap the air out of the lungs of his opponent. Eventually he breaks the choke, standing back up slowly and lining up Dangerous. He shows no signs of movement, as King drops the point of his elbow directly into the throat area of the challenger, quickly following it up with a lax cover...

ONE!

TWO!

KICKOUT!

"DAMN IT!" wails King, casting a scowl at Hardcastle as he gets to his feet and makes his feelings clear on the speed of the count. Nonplussed, Johnny gets to his knees, only to have a handful of his hair grabbed by King as the bigger man lifts the Secret Agent to his feet. Once again in control, King rears back with his mighty fist to knock the Secret Agent’s lights out for good, but as he swings forward Johnny quickly puts up a forearm block and fires back with a stiff right hand to the cheek!

WHACK!

The quick strike stuns King just long enough for Johnny to draw his fist back and thrust his open palm into his opponent’s face, right between the eyes, with a Shotei Palmstrike!

TH-WAACK!

“And the Agent is fighting back for control!” shouts Comet, as the crowd roars in delight. “It’s going to take a lot more than that to keep this team down!”

As King staggers back and forth, woozy from the strike, Johnny begins to slowly inch his way towards his corner where Wildchild eagerly awaits with an outstretched hand. Finally, Johnny leaps forward towards his partner’s hand, tagging it just as Korgath comes storming back across the ring, steaming mad over Johnny’s last offensive measure. He doesn’t even seem to notice the tag, or Wildchild quickly springing to the top rope and springing off over the Barracuda, “-and here comes the Wildchild!” exclaims Comet, just before Wildchild plants both feet into Korgath’s head!

WHACK!

“Goddammit!” curses Riley. “I don’t even think anyone saw Wildchild tagging in on that—he was caught by total surprise!”

KA-RAAAAACK~!

“And he turns right into a positively tooth-rattling Johnny Kick!” exclaims Comet alongside the rejoicing audience, as Korgath is knocked flat on his back with Wildchild falling down on top of him. “I think he forgot that Agent Dangerous was even involved in this one!”

“GET OUT,” the referee barks at Johnny, ordering the illegal man out of the ring. Dangerous minds the referee’s orders this time and moves out of the way as Kivell drops to count:

ONE!

King dives into the ring to stop it…

TWO!

… just in time!

"Good job Max, don't let these guys cheat their way to a victory again!" Riley notes.

"King better get out of the ring though, if he wants to win this match and not have his team disqualified." Comet notes. "King getting onto the apron, but at the moment Wildchild still has Korgath down on the canvas!"

Wildchild gets up surprisingly quickly from that, turning to Max King, and as King looks out to the crowd to tell them to shut up. Wildchild is about to attack King to give him a message to stay out of the match when he isn't a legal participant, however referee Hardcastle gets in the way to stop him. Wildchild just taunts King now, before turning back to take on Korgath...

...and gets grabbed around the throat by the massive hand of Korgath, the giant in this match getting back up to his feet slowly, never letting go of the death grip that he has. With ease once back up to his feet, Korgath lifts up the former Tag Team Champion with one hand, and drops him HARD to the mat with a devastating Chokeslam.

"Did you see how hard Wildchild's body crashed into the canvas, Comet?" Riley says, jubilant as he says that. "I think I heard his spinal cord snap on that one!"

"That's nothing to laugh about...Korgath not going for the cover...instead he makes the tag to Max King. This could be an error of judgment on the part of the Japanese Demon..."

Max King quickly gets into the ring, grabbing the legs of Wildchild while he's still down on the mat, jackknifing over into a pin!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE...NO! Wildchild just barely manages to get a shoulder up just at the right moment.

King stands up, holding his hands up, thinking that he won the match for his team, but is quickly told by the referee otherwise. Disappointed, King grabs Wildchild by his hair, dragging him over to his team's corner, flipping him over and hanging him in a tree of woe position before tagging back out to Korgath. King drops an elbow right into the face of the prone Wildchild, before rolling out of the ring under the bottom rope, and allowing for Korgath to start ramming his entire body into Wildchild, focusing elbow shots right into Wildchild's knees.

"Now THIS is a smart move by Korgath, I have to admit." Comet notes. "He's targeting the legs of the more aerial Wildchild, ready to keep him down on the mat an unable to climb to the top."

"See Comet, what did I tell you?" Riley says, all smiles. "King is so smart, and it's already rubbing off on the powerhouse here, one that is so ready to show in the very near future they're Tag Team Championship material."

King unhooks Wildchild's ankles after a bit, letting him drop to the mat right at the feet of Korgath, who simply puts his foot right onto the side of Wildchild's head, stepping on him.

"That's 350 pounds right on the side of Wildchild's head!" Comet states. "It's almost like Korgath is trying to crush the skull of Wildchild!"

The referee admonishes the big man, and he finally steps off the head of Wildchild...just as Dangerous tries to get into the ring to protest that action. Bad move for Wild and Dangerous, as King gets back into the ring now, Korgath holding up Wildchild in a full-nelson position, and King comes off the top rope, blasting Wildchild HARD with a sledgehammer blow off of the top rope. King quickly gets out of the ring after hitting the move, and the referee turns around oblivious to what happened behind his back. Korgath, still holding onto the full nelson on Wildchild, lifts him up with ease and slams him down to the mat, before tagging King back into the match once again. King ascends up to the top rope, and with grace equal to his opponents, dives off the top rope, landing with a well placed elbow into the chest of Wildchild. He IMMEDIATELY goes for the cover, hooking BOTH of Wildchild's legs as he goes for the cover.

One!

TWO!

TH...DANGEROUS MAKES THE SAVE!

"Geez, can't Dangerous deal with the fact that his team was just about to lose there, and just play this match fairly?" Riley questions.

"You wouldn't be saying such things if it was King saving Korgath or vice-versa and you know it, Riley. Turnabout is fair play in these types of matches."

Dangerous is forced over to his corner again by the referee, allowing for King and Korgath to try another illegal double-team while Sexton is distracted. King hooks Wildchild up into a full nelson of his own this time, and Korgath steps in the ring, ready to hit Wildchild with a HARD forearm shot to the head! However, this time Wildchild is ready for such an attempt, hitting King with a hard elbow shot and ducking out of the way, causing King to get leveled with the hit! Kelly on the outside of the ring looks fearful for her team, as well as worried sick. Wildchild quickly dropkicks Korgath, making sure that he's out of the ring, before crawling over to his corner. Johnny Dangerous quickly gets out of the ring, so the tag can be made in time.

"Wildchild crawling for everything he's worth!" Comet calls. "He needs to make a tag to the former World Champion, because if he does, that will change the entire dynamic of this match at this moment!"

"Hey, that's what was said about Korgath replacing Kelly as King's partner in this match!" Riley protests. "Stop stealing my lines, Comet, you should be better than that!"

Wildchild continues to crawl towards the ring ropes, King still being out for the moment, hand outstretched to make the tag to Dangerous! He's only inches from doing so, and Kelly Connelly...realizing this fact, gets up on the ring apron as fast as she can, causing the referee to turn his attention over to her, completely missing the tag by Wildchild to Dangerous. Dangerous rushes to attack King, but the referee blocks his path and tries to get him out of the ring.

"Now that's not right, Riley!" Comet calls. "Wildchild made the tag out of this match, but Kelly Connelly cheating for her team to prevent the tag from going through."

"Which is a very smart move, if you ask me!" Riley states. "If the referee doesn't see it, it isn't accounted for!"

King, having finally recovered from the elbow shot miscue by Korgath, grabs Wildchild by the ankle and pulls him into the center of the ring, holding him by his feet and going to lock him up into a Texas Cloverleaf! However, as Wildchild's legs are grabbed by "The Icon", Wildchild shows great stomach strength and back strength as he sits up, pulling himself off of the mat and grabbing the head of King! He pulls with all of his might after the grab, and in a sudden, snapping motion hits King with a DDT! Wasting no time at all, and before Kelly can get back up onto the apron again, makes the tag to Dangerous!

YEAAAAAAAAAH!

King gets back up just in time to see Dangerous diving into the ring, blasting King with a flying forearm shot! Korgath gets into the ring to try to get an illegal advantage for his team, and for his troubles gets a dropkick, sending him out of the ring once again. King starts to get up again, holding his jaw in pain from the forearm, and Dangerous is waiting for him to get back up, catching him off guard with a spinning heel kick, causing King to fall back to the mat like a chopped down tree! Dangerous goes for the cover, hooking up the leg!

One!

TWO!

Before the hand can even start coming down for the three, Korgath reaches into the ring and puts King's foot on the bottom rope. The referee notices it and quickly informs Dangerous about that fact.

"For the record Comet, that shouldn’t even fall under your definition of cheating, as Korgath IS a legal participant in the match!" Riley is quick to note.

"Why are you telling me this? I didn't say anything..." Comet notes. "But Korgath now trying to get into the ring as Dangerous tries to pick him up!"

Dangerous sees the actions of Korgath now, and calls for Wildchild. As Korgath gets into the ring, Dangerous dropkicks him right into the face, sending him careening over the top rope to the floor....

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

As Wildchild, recovered from the attack that was put on him by King and Korgath, ascends to the top rope and flies with a textbook, almost Jimmy Snuka in nature, body splash from the top rope onto Korgath!

"That will teach Korgath to get involved into matches when he doesn't belong in them!" Comet notes. "Wild and Dangerous with classic double team actions, and Korgath may be thinking twice about doing those kind of things!"

"But look at King, Comet! Dangerous has forgotten about Max King!" Riley notes.

Back in the ring, Dangerous is completely oblivious to Max King, giving Wildchild the thumbs up while he's outside of the ring and heading towards his corner again. From behind though, King nails Dangerous in the base of the spine with a hard knee shot, allowing him to set up Dangerous. He tries to lift up Dangerous with the King Buster, but Dangerous manages to flip out and over King's body, taking back in Wildchild with a blind tag as he does, and with King caught off guard, lifts him up and over with...

"M.I. SLAM! Dangerous hits the M.I. Slam on Max King, and Wildchild ascending the turnbuckles once again!" Comet calls

Wildchild makes sure he has his balance, before leaping off of the rope, twisting around with his body as he comes off.

"ANDROS DROP!" Comet calls. "This match is over, and Wildchild now going for the cover! The referee over!"

One!

Korgath, back on his feet surprisingly, gets up onto the apron, ready to get back into the ring again.

TWO!

Wildchild gets back up when he realizes Korgath is in the ring, forgoing the pin for the moment, and as Dangerous gets back in, both members of Wild and Dangerous blast the Big Man with Dual Superkicks!

"Not the Super Chicklet Buster! That's not right!" Riley calls.

"Why are you so worried, Bobby? That may have just saved Max King, who is still out in the middle of the ring, from getting pinned!" Comet notes.

"But that may have taken Korgath out of this contest!" Riley protests.

The referee quickly goes over to Dangerous, as he isn't tagged into the match, and gets him out of the ring, as Wildchild hits Korgath with a sliding dropkick to get him out of the ring. What Wildchild DOESN'T see, however, is Kelly Connelly sliding into the ring, and slipping something onto King's hand, then gently slapping his face a bit to revive her man. She quickly slides out of the ring, adjusting King's position so his hand isn't seen by the referee, and gets out of the ring just as the referee and Wildchild both turn around.

"Kelly Connelly slipping King a weapon, and one can only assume it's those brass knuckles we've seen King use SO many times before in the past!" Comet notes.

"Hey, if Wild and Dangerous are going to flagrantly cheat throughout the match as they have been, then King should be allowed the same luxury." Riley notes. "Unfortunately, I don't think that King is fully up though...come on Max!"

Wildchild reaches down to pick up King, and King makes a wild swing for him. However, Wildchild apparently sees that King's hand is, to put it bluntly, knuckled up, and dodges out of the way, grabbing the wrist of King, and tossing the knuckles out of the ring, much to the delight of this capacity crowd.

"FINALLY! Max King caught with the weapon in hand, and is not going to get a brass knuckles victory tonight!" Comet states. "Justice is finally going to be served!"

"This is not right! Kelly, do something!" Riley cries out, noticeably upset about this turn of events!

Back in the ring, Wildchild quickly kicks into the arm of King, and quickly makes the tag to Dangerous now, who comes into the ring with an elbow drop onto the base of King's nose. Wildchild climbs up to the top rope, and Dangerous lifts up King onto his shoulders, showing some amazing strength for a man his size.

"Dangerous has King up, Wildchild climbing to the top rope! This is going to be it, we're about to see the Dangerous Drop!" Comet calls. As he finishes saying it, Wildchild leaps off the top rope, grabbing the head of King as Dangerous drops back with the Electric Chair Drop! The crowd cheers at first at this move, but then gasp a bit, as Sexton Hardcastle is seen down in the ring now.

"HAH! Those morons in Wild and Dangerous nailed the referee! And they don't even realize it as Dangerous goes for the cover!" Riley notes.

"Sexton Hardcastle got hit by a foot of the Wildchild, and he seems to be down and out right now. Wildchild going over now, he's trying to get Hardcastle revived..." Comet calls.

As Wildchild bends over to help the referee, he is unaware of a snake in female clothing coming into the ring in the form of Kelly Connelly, who is holding a lead pipe in hand. The crowd calls out loudly, as if to warn Wildchild about this fact...

*CRACK!*

But it's too late, as Kelly swings the pipe right into the back of the head of Wildchild! Dangerous goes over to grab Kelly, grabbing her by the wrist the pipe is in, and causing the fans to erupt into cheers!

"Kelly Connelly is going to get what's coming to her, Riley! I don't know what she was thinking, getting involved in this match when she has a match to compete in later..."

Before Comet can finish his sentence, the huge form of Korgath is back into the ring, and he nails Dangerous with a HUGE boot to the face, knocking the former World Champion down to the mat once again. Kelly quickly slides (or slithers, depending on your feelings for her) out of the ring, getting a pitcher of water and dumping over King's face, reviving him in a way, as the Icon starts to get up to his feet. Kelly shouts orders from the outside of the ring to Korgath, and he nods, grabbing Wildchild shortly after.

"Korgath has a hold of Wildchild now...I don't know what he's planning to..." Comet begins, then gasps out...

Korgath, in that time, lifts Wildchild up over his head into a powerbomb position, and with amazing force and no remorse drops Wildchild right on his head on the outside of the ring, the back of his head hitting the ring steps as he crashes!

"WHOOO!" Riley shouts. "Korgath has quite effectively turned this match into a handicap match, and I'm DAMN sure that the Human Hurricane has been blown completely away!"

"This isn't right! It was thanks to that lead pipe by Kelly that Korgath was able to take Wildchild out of this match, and now Dangerous is in a very dangerous position, no pun intended!" Comet notes.

King sees Dangerous getting up to his feet, sees Hardcastle still down and out in the ring, and sees Korgath standing dominate. With a smile on his face, he gets up, and with Dangerous still groggy from the boot by Korgath, lifts the secret agent up, vertically, and drops him on his head with his patented Jumping Piledriver. King doesn't seem to be done just yet though, as he orders Korgath to grab him.

"Max King climbing up to the top rope now, Wildchild is effectively out of this match now, I doubt he's coming back...and now Korgath lifting Dangerous up into a vertical suplex..." Comet begins.

"LOOK AT KING! Flying off the top rope now with a cross body on Dangerous as Korgath drops Dangerous with the suplex!" Riley calls. "That's a classic Power-Plex, and they hit it perfectly!"

"Hardcastle reviving now, he was unaware of what just happened...King's got the cover, not like this!"

One!

TWO!

THREE!!!!!

*DING, DING, DING!*

Surprising everyone in attendance, Queen's "Princes of the Universe" starts to play over the speakers, as King gets up, all smiles.

Funyon: Here are your winners, and the NEEEEW Number 1 Contenders for the SWF Tag Team Championship..."The Icon" Max King...and Dominic...Korgath!

"This shows the smarts and strategy by Max King and Kelly Connelly, planning a perfect trap for the so-called premier team!" Riley calls. "Wild and Dangerous were just showed up by a first time teaming tag team in Korgath and King, and lost their chance to go for the titles!"

"But King had to use the distractions and cheating ways of Kelly Connelly to get the victory, Riley! What kind of team is that of King and Korgath?" Comet questions as the winners slide out of the ring, Kelly between the two of them as they make their way up the ramp.

"A VICTORIOUS one, Comet. Just like Kelly may just be in our next match!" Riley says.

"Kelly better be quick in changing, because she's going for the Women's Title next. And if this match was any indication of what she will do to get victories in a match, Megan Skye and Jet could be in trouble!" Comet notes.

The camera goes to the outside of the ring, where Dangerous, having just recovered, sees Wildchild seemingly out cold outside of the ring. It jumps back to the top of the ramp, where King, Kelly, and Korgath stand tall with their arms up in victory.

Promo: The Sacred One

Ben: Hi Sacred.

Sacred: I'm going to win.

Ben: Swoit.

End Promo

Match

Stuff happens.

Sacred: I won.

End Match

Well, here's my effort. I'd like to get some feedback from people, Mike especially when he has the time. I realise I got the timescale for Toxxic's title run wrong now :(

The stirring strains of ‘Carol Of The Bells’ rings out around the Xcel Center in St Paul, Minnesota as the fans begin to shift restlessly. They have seen mighty struggles so far this night but the biggest one of all is yet to come, and the tension is rising. As if in answer to the murmuring that has started in the crowd, the Smarktron suddenly flashes up a new visual - instead of the Slay Ride logo two figures suddenly appear, seeming through the miracle of computer graphics to be standing side-by-side.

“YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

On the left, a slim-built young man with vaguely shaggy blonde hair, giving the audience a thumbs up and smiling to reveal even, white teeth. The silvery mass of the ICTV Title is around his waist; the title that he has held for more days than anyone else in the history of the SWF.

‘LANDON “LA CUCARACHA” MADDIX’

On the right, a man that seems the very antithesis of the (superficially) All-American athlete he is opposed to; a well-toned youth with black nail varnish, eyeliner and spiky black hair, the SWF World Heavyweight Title over his shoulder and a mocking, lopsided grin beneath steel-grey eyes.

‘“THE STRAIGHT-EDGE SENSATION” TOXXIC’

For a moment they are both obscured by a visual of the belt that is slung over Toxxic’s shoulder; it fills the screen for a moment, then recedes until it is positioned between Toxxic and Landon.

‘WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH’

“YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“Citizens, that says it all,” Cyclone Comet declares as the TV feed cuts away from the Smarktron and returns to the announce table, “we are here at the main event of Slay Ride and the last SWF match of 2004! Will we go out with a bang? Can Landon Maddix ensure festivities for all, or will Toxxic play the miserly Mr. Scrooge and refuse to let the World Title out of his grip?”

“‘We wish you a Merry Kingmas AND A TOXXIC NEW YEAR!’” Riley sings happily beside him, paper hat slipping over one eye. “Come on Comet, face it; there’s no way Toxxic’s going to lose tonight!”

“Have you been at the sherry, Robert?” Comet asks guardedly, looking sideways at his commentary partner (who is, now the superhero mentions it, looking a trifle flushed).

“Of course not!” Riley denies hotly. “I’m just happy! For one thing, ‘tis the season to be jolly! And for another, today is Toxxic’s 100th day with the title!”

“Thank you for reminding me,” Comet says in a voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Don’t mention it,” Riley replies happily, “I try to provide a service.”

“So the street cops tell me,” Comet snaps, but before Bobby Riley can decide how to take that comment the cameras cut to a full shot of the ring where Funyon stands, resplendent in his suit and bowtie while a Santa hat sits happily atop his head.

“Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for tonight’s MAIN EVENT~!” the veteran ring announcer booms, provoking a cheer from the assembled fans and chants of ‘MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!” and even ‘FUN-YON!’. Grinning at his adoring public, Funyon adjusts his hat and raises the mic once more.

“The following contest is scheduled for one fall with a 60-minute time limit, and is for the SWF WORLD... HEAVYWEIGHT... CHAMPIONSHIP~! Introducing first, the challenger...”

The lights in the Xcel Center suddenly go down, leaving Funyon isolated in a sole spotlight. However, an area to the side of the entrance ramp is slowly relit to reveal some musicians taking their places at their instruments... then Brandon Boyd raises his microphone and bawls out the line that until now has only been uttered by a recording:

‘PREPARE... FOR... LANDON!’

...WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...

*DUM-DUM*

“YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

As Incubus kick into Maddix’s specially customised version of ‘Megalomaniac’ the curtain at the top of the entrance ramp is brushed aside and the red-blooded males in the crowd start cheering at the prospect of seeing Megan Skye for the second time tonight, but they are disappointed as Landon Maddix emerges alone. La Cucaracha seems composed in thought, the nervousness he exhibited before the CFC final with Sacred absent. Instead Landon appears to be fully focused on the task at hand, although not to the point where he ignores the cheering fans that line the entranceway. Pausing for a moment to wave to Incubus in salute, Landon slaps hands as he jogs down towards the ring, then hops up to the apron and steps through the ropes before stripping the ICTV Title from his waist and hoisting it aloft for the crowd to see.

“...from Huron, South Dakota!” Funyon continues. “He weighs in tonight at 218lbs and is the SWF Intercontinental-Television Champion! He is the winner of the first ever Cold Front Classic Tournament... he is LANDON... ‘LA CUCARACHA... MAAAADDDDDD-IIIIIIIIIXXXXXXX!!”

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

Maddix hands the ICTV belt to Matty Kivell, then grabs the nearest rope and starts performing a few stretches to warm himself up. The ever-cocky Cucaracha keeps his eyes slightly down, not wanting to be distracted by anything at the biggest moment of his career.

“Citizens, it warms this superhero’s heart to see the change that has come over Landon Maddix in the last few months,” Comet proclaims joyously. “From a sneaking, cheating evil-doer this man has turn into a-

“-sneaking, cheating crowd-whore,” Riley finishes. “This is the same damn Landon Maddix that joined the Unnamed, Comet! The same Maddix that went nose-to-nose with Clark and Johnny Dangerous! The only thing that’s changed is that because Suicide King tried to screw him the crowd decided to cheer him, and Landon has taken that and run with it!”

“...and he has become possibly the best-loved active wrestler in the SWF as a result,” Comet replies. “Is that such a bad thing?”

“At least he hasn’t got his bitch out with him this evening,” Riley mutters, then seeing Comet’s furious glare changes it to “valet. He hasn’t got his valet here.”

“Neither Megan Skye nor Jet will be at ringside tonight, as they are both recovering from their Women’s Title match earlier,” Comet haughtily informs his commentary partner.

“Oh great. So Landon will have to screw Toxxic out of the title himself instead of having his... valet... do it for him.”

Before the commentators can bicker any more the Smarktron abruptly whites out and the crashing opening chord of ‘Rookie’ by Boy Sets Fire rings out over the PA system. The Smarktron swiftly darkens to black and jagged white letters flash up a familar slogan, one word at a time:

“PREPARE TO BE PROVED WRONG...”

The screen changes to become the top of a spiky-haired head that raises and stares out at the audience with a familiar lopsided grin in place, then cuts to memorable scenes from Toxxic’s SWF career. The All-Show Brawl with Insane Luchador... the infamous Glass Jawbreaker on Aecas... the Caffeine Bomb to Nathaniel Kibagami... the Super Intoxxication to Tom Flesher... and inbetween them all, the words ‘STRAIGHT-EDGE SENSATION’ and ‘REVOLUTION ZERO’ alternate. Finally, as the bass drum starts to kick and four blasts of red pyro climb the entrance ramp the shot changes once more to Toxxic taking Mike Van Siclen off a balcony and through a table, the devastating landing timed to coincide with the final, stagewide eruption-

*BAM-BAM-BAM-bap-BOOOOM!!*

-that signifies the arrival of the SWF’s premier straight-edger! For a couple of seconds all that can be seen is smoke; then the distinctive figure of the SWF World Champion strides through, Tag Title around his waist, World Title slung over his right shoulder and dark-lined eyes fixed on the ring.

“AND HIS OPPONENT!” Funyon bellows, trying to make himself heard over the chorus of disapproval that is filling the arena upon Toxxic’s appearance, “he is the leader of Revolution Zero; from Nottingham, England, he weighs in tonight at 218lbs and is one-half of the SWF Tag Team Champions and is the reigning and defending SWF WORLD... HEAVYWEIGHT... CHAMPION... the ‘Straight-Edge Sensation’... TOXXXXXXXX-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!”

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

As usual, Toxxic pays the booing fans no attention whatsoever as he finishes making his way down the ramp. He pauses at the bottom to snap his head sharply once to each side, then rolls into the ring under the bottom rope and rises to his feet before throwing his arms wide to ignite each turnbuckle with more red pyro as the first verse of ‘Rookie’ comes in.

*bap-bap*

*BOOOM!!*

‘I never thought this could be me

I guess you never do when it’s happening to you

And what was fun turned into shame

And all that could have been, rearranged...’

As the flames die down the two men lock eyes from across the ring, Toxxic not removing his gaze even when he hands the World Heavyweight Title to Matthew Kivell. For his part Landon unconsciously adjusts his elbow pads before walking forwards to the centre of the ring, ready to start the match. Kivell show the belt to all four corners of the Xcel Center, then signals to the timekeeper’s table...

*DING-DING-DING!*

“And we’re underway,” Comet exclaims, “the last match of 2004 and certainly one of the biggest! Toxxic is the only man this year to have successfully defended the World Title on Pay-Per-View, but Landon has already had one bite at the cherry when he challenged Citizen Matthews in Philadelphia many moons ago! Will he have better luck tonight?”

“No,” Riley answers with finality. “If you remember Comet, that match was followed by Toxxic retaining the Hardcore Title over the Insane Luchador at the climax of the All-Show Brawl, and the Hot Commodity will upstage his opponent once again tonight!”

Just as he did against Sacred, Landon holds out a hand for a pre-match handshake. Toxxic eyes him warily, knowing full well the dislike his opponent holds for him (not to mention his cheating ways), but after a tense few seconds in which the crowd starts to get a bit rowdy he grudgingly steps forward and slaps his palm against Maddix’s, then withdraws before La Cucaracha could conceivably gain any sort of advantage. With that formality done with the two men start to circle, Toxxic cracking his neck from side-to-side as he does so, until they are inexorably drawn together to lock up.

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

Toxxic and Maddix come together with a collar-and-elbow tie-up, but despite their similarity in weight Toxxic is quickly proved to be slightly stronger as he begins to muscle Landon backwards. Thinking quickly, the young man from South Dakota adjusts his grip and pivots his hips, falling sideways to bring Toxxic over with a side headlock takedown that sees the World Champion land backfirst on the mat. Toxxic stretches with his legs, looking to reach the ropes and get an easy break, but his forward progress in the lockup didn’t get him far enough for this to be an option and the straight-edger has to consider his other options as Landon starts to squeeze. One of those options appears to be reaching up for Maddix’s face with one black-nailed hand, but as Maddix arches his head away to escape that threat another materialises in the shape of Toxxic’s legs, swinging up to capture his now perfectly-positioned head with a headscissors. The Straight-Edge Sensation’s legs are stronger than Maddix’s arms and La Cucaracha is torn away from his grip, but Maddix twists in Toxxic’s clutches so that he is on his hands and knees with his head pointing straight down instead of being trapped on his back or side. Moments later Maddix pushes forward, jacknifing his body over into a pin!

ONE!

TW-

-but Toxxic pushes down with his legs and head to bridge his shoulders off the canvas, then continues his bridge upwards until he can twist around. For a moment the startled Maddix is facing downwards, then Toxxic completes his revolution and hooks his opponent under the arms to bring him down and over in a backslide!

ONE!

TW-

-but now it’s Landon’s turn to kick out!

“Oh no,” Riley groans, “don’t tell me these two are going to try and chain-wrestle!”

Bobby Riley’s fears appear to be confirmed however, as Landon pops back to his feet from the pin and lunges at Toxxic, only to get arm-dragged over by his kneeling opponent. Toxxic rises to his own feet and approaches Landon but is simply arm-dragged in his turn; then Maddix beats the World Champion back to a vertical base and is well-placed to leap into the air and snap a dropsault into Toxxic’s mouth, dropping him back to the canvas!

*SMACK!*

“YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

The reaction from the crowd is amazing as they see the challenger come out on top of that simple but ultimately effective piece of wrestling, and Landon milks it for all he’s worth with a cheesy grin. The earlier seriousness seems to have evaporated from the young man as he looks down at the World Heavyweight Champion and knows that the difference between them is not as great as some would have it. Toxxic rubs his mouth thoughtfully, then pushes himself back up to his feet and motions Landon inwards once more. La Cucaracha is noticeably wary as he approaches for another lockup - not wary enough however, as at the last moment Toxxic sidesteps and takes him down with a drop toehold, then quickly scoots over him to apply a headlock of his own! Landon grabs the waist of Toxxic’s trousers and heaves, bringing the Straight-Edge Sensation over into a pinning position...

ONE!

TW-

-but Toxxic manages to get his shoulders off the canvas and return to a sitting position, headlock still in place. However, his position has shifted a bit in order to prevent Maddix from trying his luck again, and this means that Landon is able to reach up with his legs and snare Toxxic in a headscissors in a reversal of their positions from a few seconds ago! Toxxic doesn’t roll through though, as the agile straight-edger simply kips up to break the grip. Landon follows suit but Toxxic zeros in on the challenger’s right arm and before Landon can react the Brit has twisted in an armwringer. Maddix takes a couple of seconds to consider his options, then rolls forward to release the tension before coming up to his feet and reversing the move back onto the surprised straight-edger’s left arm ! Toxxic doesn’t take long to set his own counter in motion however, performing a front handspring using his right arm and then knocking Maddix sharply in the back of the knees. Landon falls back to the mat and Toxxic quickly covers him-

ONE!

TW-

-but Landon kicks out, only to be armdragged over before he has even got fully upright again. La Cucaracha pushes himself back up, but Toxxic has got into position and greets the challenger with-

*WHAM!*

-a European uppercut that sends Maddix sprawling backwards again!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

“That’s the way, Toxxic!” Riley shouts, “you show him who’s quicker!”

“And who hits harder as well,” Comet notes as Landon rubs his jaw. “Evenly-matched as these two competitors are in many areas, I don’t think Citizen Maddix wants to get into a brawl with Toxxic.”

Toxxic doesn’t extend his opponent the courtesy that Landon did to him and allow Maddix to rise in his own time; the World Champion seems to have decided that the warm-up is over, and he hauls Landon up by his right arm. Landon is barely back up to his feet again before Toxxic simply drops and spins through the air, wrenching the limb in its socket and incidentally driving La Cucaracha facefirst into the canvas. Undeterred in his attack the Straight-Edge Sensation keeps hold of Landon’s right wrist and hauls the slightly dazed challenger up, then runs for the turnbuckles. Maddix is hauled along for the ride as Toxxic vaults to the top, then flies back through the air and-

*BANG!*

-crushes Landon’s arm beneath a flying legdrop, not to mention driving Maddix’s face back into the ring one more time! Landon isn’t given any time to recover though, because as soon as Toxxic has landed he is already starting to get back to his feet again. Maddix’s arm is slightly more painful this time and he himself is a bit less certain where he is, so it only takes a moment for Toxxic to run up the buckles to the top once more, then simply drop down to the arena floor and guillotine Landon’s arm over the top rope! The whiplash sends La Cucaracha spinning away cradling the injured limb to his chest, and Toxxic takes the chance to hop back up to the ring apron, then vault to the top rope and springboard back into the ring looking for a hurricanrana... but Landon ducks at the last moment, and the Straight-Edge Sensation lands awkwardly in a way that sees him sprawl forwards onto all fours. Without wasting a moment Landon steps smartly up to his disadvantaged opponent and, with his right arm still smarting, simply plants his right boot as hard as he can into Toxxic’s behind!

“YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“Toxxic was a bit too predictable there for an opponent as prepared as Landon!” Comet declares as the Straight-Edge Sensation struggles to prevent himself from falling out of the ring. “Although effective, he doesn’t tend to vary that legdrop-guillotine-springboard attack combination much, and Citizen Maddix was ready for him!”

“Pfah, you don’t need to vary things when you’re as good as Toxxic,” Riley snorts, “He’ll have the upper hand again before you know it!”

Riley’s prophecy doesn’t seem to be coming true immediately however, as Landon strides over to the straight-edger who is entangled in the ropes and hauls him back up again. Toxxic turns around to fire off a punch but Landon beats him to it by poking the angry World Champion in the eyes, causing him to receive a warning from Matty Kivell but be resoundingly cheered by the fans in attendance! As the straight-edger staggers backwards Landon measures him for a moment, then hit’s a rolling Koppu kick that knocks Toxxic back and down into the corner of the ring.

“Citizens, those of you with a weak stomach may wish to look away now,” Comet advises as Landon gets back to his feet and backs away, “since I think Toxxic is about to Get Licked…”

Sure enough, La Cucaracha sets off back towards his seated opponent, but at the last moment before the devastating running bootscrape hits Toxxic ducks out of the way, leaving Landon to fly between the middle and bottom ropes out to the floor. Maddix arrives on the concrete with a slightly higher velocity than expected due to Toxxic’s face not slowing him down; nonetheless the challenger manages to land on his feet and takes a moment to acknowledge the crowd. Unfortunately for Landon Toxxic isn’t one to hang around and wait for his opponent to get back into the ring in his own time, and Landon turns around to find a 218lb human missile heading straight at him over the top rope with a plancha! Both men crash to the arena floor, but it is Toxxic who is on top and gets the better landing.

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

Toxxic is back up first, still rubbing his eyes from where Landon’s fingers had briefly blinded him. The Straight-Edge Sensation grabs Maddix by the hair, ignoring the shouts from the crowd and Matthew Kivell, then hauls the challenger upright. It is not the head that Toxxic targets however, as the World Champion grabs Maddix’s right arm and swings it as hard as he can into the steel ringpost!

*CLANG!*

“ARRGH!”

Landon reels away with his arm cradled close to his chest again and this time Toxxic rolls his opponent back into the ring before following under the bottom rope. The Brit makes a quick cover…

ONE!

TWO!

…but Landon is out again moments after Kivell’s hand strikes the mat for the second time. Toxxic doesn’t look that disappointed - he wasn’t expecting to win, but you never know your luck and it doesn’t hurt to make your opponent expend a bit of energy by kicking out. Landon is already starting to push himself back to his feet, so Toxxic gives him a bit of a helping hand (in the hair again), then grabs Landon’s right wrist and Irish whips the young South Dakotan towards the far corner. Somehow Landon fights against the pain in his arm and manages to reverse the move and sends Toxxic in instead, but the Straight-Edge Sensation is ready for this and vaults to the top rope before corkscrewing back with a diving clothesline…

*CRACK!*

…and is knocked out of the air by a Maddix dropkick!

“YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“And Citizen Maddix shows his preparation again,” Comet exclaims, “as he counters the Role Reversal! Toxxic has had more of the advantage in this contest so far, but every time he goes for a signature spot Landon is able to cut him off! Now Robert,” the superhero continues, turning to his commentary partner, “I put this to you; will Toxxic be able to win this match if he cannot rely in his high-risk, high-impact moves?”

“Of course,” Riley says. But he doesn’t sound sure.

Toxxic is lying on the mat trying to clear the ringing in his ears, but although Landon landed awkwardly since he couldn’t use his right arm to break his fall very well the challenger is up again and waiting for his opponent to rise. As Toxxic sits up Landon is positioned behind him in the corner, and his right foots lifts off the mat…

*Bam*

…and starts to pound.

*Bam*

The crowd start to pound their own feet in time with La Cucaracha and add to the noise inside the arena.

*Bam*

The pace is starting to pick up now as Toxxic pushes himself to his feet…

*Bam*

*Bam*

*Bam*

*Bam*

Toxxic is up and turns around as Landon takes a quick sideways run-up and lashes his boot out at the Straight-Edge Sensation’s head-

{I]*whap*[/i]

-but Toxxic catches the Sweet Cuca Music! For a moment both men are stock still, then Toxxic swings Maddix’s foot away, takes a quick step back and lashes out with his own superkick…

“OOOOOHHHHH!”

“…that Landon ducks! The unbalanced World Champion turns on the spot, but Maddix has got his number now and vaults off Toxxic’s right knee to drive a knee into his face with the Shining Wizard!

*CRACK!*

Toxxic topples backwards with Landon atop him, and the young man from South Dakota quickly grabs his opponent’s leg to make an impromptu cover…

ONE!

TWO!!

…but Toxxic kicks out just after two, and Landon is forced to back off by Matty Kivell. La Cucaracha predictably doesn’t obey for long and the moment Toxxic starts to try and get up he’s right back in there and hauling the World Champion up. Before Toxxic can try and escape Landon places him in a double underhook, and although the straight-edger strains Landon is able to hold him for the moment. Nevertheless, the ICTV Champion isn’t too sure about the ability of his hurt right arm to hold up under sustained pressure so he quickly drops and delivers a chin crusher to his British opponent…

“OOF!”

…then another one…

“OOF!”

…one more for luck…

“OOF!”

…and finally hooks his leg over the back of Toxxic head to drive him downwards with a double underhook rocker dropper!

*BANG!!*

“Future Shock!” Comet cries as Toxxic’s face bounces off the canvas, “and I’m sure Toxxic HAS been shocked by what ‘The Future’ has been dishing out to him tonight! Citizen Maddix has capitalised on his knowledge of the World Champion’s moves to turn the tide of this match in his favour.”

“Well what about Toxxic’s knowledge of Landon’s move?” Riley demands. “He knew the Sweet Cuca Music was coming didn’t he?”

“Yes, but he failed to avoid the Shining Wizard that followed,” Comet points out. “Besides, I’m not sure how difficult it is to avoid a superkick when half the crowd is stomping along and giving you warning.”

“You’re just biased,” Riley snorts as Landon starts to pull Toxxic back up again.

“Perhaps, but bias towards JUSTICE~ is not a crime,” Comet asserts.

Most of the fans in the arena are expecting Landon to continue to target Toxxic’s head - however, La Cucaracha’s next move is somewhat different. He takes Toxxic’s left arm, wraps it around the top rope and begins firing off kicks into it! Matty Kivell is quick to begin counting…

‘ONE!’

‘TWO!’

‘THREE!’

‘FOUR!’

‘FI-’

…but Landon releases his grip just before the SWF’s senior referee would be forced to disqualify him. Toxxic grabs his arm and cradles it against his chest in unconscious mimicry of what Landon was doing earlier, but Maddix hasn’t finished yet as he grabs the Straight-Edge Sensation’s hurt limb, holds it tight across his chest and drops backwards with a single-arm DDT. A cry of pain escapes Toxxic lips as he rolls away, but Maddix just nods in satisfaction.

“So what’s this all about, genius?” Riley asks Comet. “Maddix doesn’t have any submissions that focus on the arm, and Toxxic’s stronger arm is his right one; why is Landon trying to take out his left arm?”

“I’m not privy to all of Citizen Maddix’s plans,” Comet informed his partner haughtily, “nonetheless I assure you that Landon knows what he’s doing.”

“I know what he’s doing,” Riley gripes, “it’s what he hopes to achieve that’s bugging me.”

Whatever he’s after, Landon seems to be satisfied for the moment as when he takes hold of Toxxic again he applies a front facelock and drops backwards into a DDT. The straight-edger’s skull is spiked into the canvas most satisfactorily and Maddix rolls on top of him to make another cover…

ONE!

TWO!!

…but Toxxic is able to kick out again. Undaunted, Maddix brings the straight-edger back up to his feet and steps behind him before placing his head underneath Toxxic’s left arm and hoisting up and backwards. For a moment it seems that Landon’s right arm isn’t quite going to allow him to get the move off, but then Toxxic’s body goes over the apex and gravity pulls him down into the Salto suplex!

*BANG!*

With the straight-edger spread-eagled on the canvas, Landon hops back up to his feet and heads for the nearest turnbuckle. It only takes a couple of moment for him to climb to the top; then he raises his arms above his head for a little more ‘whip’ on the move before diving off with a 450 splash…

*WHAM!*

…that gets only knees!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Landon rolls away clutching his gut as Toxxic struggles to push himself up again and capitalise on this change of fortune, but Landon is eager not to lose his momentum and despite the pain in his midsection he tries to force himself to stand as well. The two men reach a vertical base almost exactly at the same time, but it is Toxxic who reacts first and lashes out with a

RIGHT!

LEFT!

-but Landon’s handiwork comes into play as the straight-edger shakes his left arm out in pain after landing the blow! Realising that he can’t let Landon back into this race Toxxic fires off a quick snap

RIGHT!

…then steps back, flips a v-sign at Maddix and whirls around to deliver a

DISCUS CLOTHESLINE

…but Maddix ducks! As Toxxic staggers past, unbalanced by his own momentum, Landon hooks him up for another Salto suplex and lifts - but this time Toxxic manages to boost himself off the ground and he flips backwards over Landon’s head to land behind La Cucaracha, then wraps both hands around Maddix’s head and sits out, driving the back of Maddix’s skull into the mat with the Underkill!

“Underkill!” Riley shouts in delight, “the move shamelessly lifted by Maddix and renamed as the ‘So-Dak Moment!’ I’ll tell you why Maddix knows Toxxic’s moves so well Comet - he stole half of them from him!”

“Oh shush,” Comet tells him, apparently not in the mood to play.

Toxxic shows no interest in covering Maddix this time; he wants to do as much damage as possible as quickly as possible to limit Maddix’s chances of getting back into this match. With this in mind the Straight-Edge Sensation hauls La Cucaracha up to his feet and hooks in a front facelock, then drops to one knee and drives the other up into Maddix’s face before popping back up again. Normally Toxxic would follow this up by dropping back into a DDT and completing the Sobering Thought, but this time Landon abruptly grabs the startled straight-edger behind the knees and tugs sharply. For a moment it seems that Toxxic will be able to hold onto the facelock and drag Landon down for a DDT anyway, but then the World Champion lands hard on the canvas while a slightly dazed Landon remains upright, and with a grip on both of Toxxic’s legs to boot!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!”

After a quick look around to get his bearings Maddix tows Toxxic in a half-circle so the Brit heads is facing towards the centre of the ring; then he falls backwards, slingshotting the World Champion into the turnbuckles! However, Toxxic is able to adjust in mid-air and lands on the second buckle, then as Maddix gets up off the mat and turns around the Straight-Edge Sensation leaps backwards to nail Landon with the Role Reversal!

“Second time lucky!” Riley gloats.

Again, Toxxic doesn’t go for the cover. Instead he drags Maddix upright again, and this time it is La Cucaracha who is placed into a double underhook. Toxxic takes a deep breath; then before Maddix can start to think about countering his hoists his opponent UP..

…AROUND…

…AND…

…DOWN!

*BANG!!*

“Toxxic Shock Syndrome!” Comet shouts in dismay as Toxxic rolls Landon over onto his back, the move having been slightly truncated due to his weakened left arm but still effective, “we could see the World Champion retain the title right here!”

ONE!

TWO!!

THHHHHRRRRRRR-

-but no! It’s still too early for the Toxxic Shock Syndrome to deal the final blow, and although Landon is visibly dazed by the move he is able to get a shoulder off the canvas in time! Toxxic appears displeased with Kivell’s verdict but grudgingly accepts it, then grabs Landon by the hair and begins to pull his opponent back to his feet. Landon has much less to offer himself this time and it takes Toxxic a couple of seconds of struggling to get the ICTV Champion upright, but once there he quickly places Landon in a reverse headlock with his right arm and drops to one knee, driving the other up into the back of the challenger’s neck. Before Landon has even finished spasming from the impact Toxxic pops back up again, and this time sits out to send the back of Landon’s skull into the canvas with a reverse DDT.

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXXIC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

The crowd are audibly and understandably getting onto the Straight-Edge Sensation’s case, but Toxxic pays them as little attention as usual and heads for the ring apron. He steps through the ropes, then turns around to face back into the ring and takes a moment to compose himself… then leaps to the top rope and springboards off, backflipping through the air whilst flying forwards into the ring, looking to land the Inglorious Shooting Star Legdrop…

*BANG!*

…but he misses! Landon Maddix rolled aside at the last moment and Toxxic gets nothing but canvas!

“YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Toxxic lands no worse in missing the move than he does in hitting it of course, but the impact on his hip seems harder when it isn’t counteracted by the satisfaction of dropping his leg across his opponent’s throat. As a result it takes the straight-edger perhaps a second more than usual to move from his sitting position, and as he does so Landon Maddix takes the opportunity to squirm around from where he is still laying on the canvas and crack his right boot into Toxxic’s left shoulder!

“Oww!”

The Brit rolls away from this unexpected attack and comes up to his feet, but Landon is still groggy from Toxxic’s earlier assault and isn’t able to muster much more; he is starting to push himself up to his feet but not fast enough, as Toxxic dives in with a basement dropkick that slams into Maddix’s temple and puts the challenger down again!

“You see Comet, it’s no good predicting your opponent’s moves if you can’t capitalise afterwards,” Riley loftily informs the masked superhero at his side. “Toxxic has the bit between his teeth now!”

With Maddix grounded and groggy Toxxic seeks to increase his advantage, and the easiest way to do that is by hitting Landon in the head a few more times. With this in mind Toxxic straddles Maddix’s chest and begins raining right hands down onto the prone challenger as Kivell begins counting from the sidelines…

‘ONE!’

‘TWO!’

‘THREE!’

‘FOUR!’

‘FI-’

…Toxxic rolls away from Maddix just before the disqualification point and pauses momentarily to flip a v-sign at the referee, then backs off and mimes cracking open a can.

“Uh-oh,” Comet says as the cocky straight-edger ‘drinks’ from his imaginary refreshing beverage, “Toxxic is signalling for the Caffeine Bomb!”

Landon pushes himself up, blonde hair hanging in front of his eyes. The match hasn’t been going quite according to plan so far, but through the ringing in his skull he knows that he’s done enough to leave himself in with a chance still. All he has to do is concentrate…

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

Toxxic steps forward as the wobbly Landon gets to his feet and turns to face him, then reaches out to hook La Cucaracha into the Caffeine Bomb…

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

…but at the last moment Maddix grabs his left arm and drops, taking the surprised World Champion down to the mat with a Fujiwara armbar!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“This is an approach we haven’t seen from Citizen Maddix before,” Comet notes in some surprise, “but he has at least blocked Toxxic’s finishing move, at least for the moment. The question I am asking is; does Landon have some plan for this arm work he is doing, or is it purely a way to buy himself some time?”

“He’d better think quickly if that’s the case,” Riley points out, “because Toxxic’s going for the ropes!”

Indeed, the World Champion is squirming around on the mat and trying to reach the ring ropes with his legs. Landon does what he can to prevent the straight-edger’s progress but they are close to the cables and Toxxic is determined, and within a few seconds he has his right boot over the bottom rope to break the hold. Kivell instructs Landon to release his grip but The Future shakes his head and holds on grimly, forcing the referee to begin his count…

‘ONE!’

‘TWO!’

‘THREE!’

‘FOUR!’

‘FI-’

…again, Landon releases moments before being DQ’d. Kivell snaps at the South Dakotan but Maddix ignores him - those few extra seconds might have been the ones he needed. Toxxic is pushing himself up on his right arm with his left held tightly to his side and Maddix steps in to bring the World Champion up, but Toxxic reaches up to grab Landon behind the head with his right hand and then explodes upwards with a head BUTT!

*CRACK!*

Maddix staggers backwards, and this time Toxxic doesn’t waste any time with pantomiming; instead the Straight-Edge Sensation boots La Cucaracha in the midsection, grabs him in a front facelock, hooks the right leg with his left arm and lifts…

…and drops again as his left arm starts screaming at him!

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

Once more Toxxic tries to get Landon Maddix up, and once more he is forced to concede defeat as his left arm just can’t provide the power he needs! Maddix wrenches his leg free and fires off a couple of quick right hands to Toxxic’s midsection that cause the straight-edger to release his facelock, then hooks Toxxic up and bridges backwards with an Exploder suplex that drops the World Champion onto the back of his neck!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“Citizens, Landon Maddix DID have a plan!” Comet shouts jubilantly. “With an injured left arm Toxxic is unable to get Maddix up for the Caffeine Bomb, and now the tide of the match has surely swung back into the favour of The Future!”

Toxxic ends up in a sitting position from the Exploder and Landon is quick to take advantage; La Cucaracha drops down behind the groggy Straight-Edge Sensation and clamps on a Dragon Sleeper, then starts trying to turn Toxxic over to fully apply the Land Of Nod! Toxxic isn’t done yet however, and memories of Tom Flesher’s Superior Stretch Beta - a virtually identical move - allow him to fire elbows into Landon’s ribs. The shots are weak, delivered as they are by Toxxic’s hurt left arm, but then the straight-edger lashes out upwards with his right hand to clock Landon in the side of the head and nearly knocks his opponent clean off him! Landon tries to keep his grip but two more blows cause him to topple sideways, and Toxxic scrambles round to grab Maddix by the shoulders. With a firm grip on the momentarily muddled Maddix Toxxic brings his own head sharply forwards to deliver a stunning headbutt to the back of Maddix’s skull, then hauls Landon upright. Before Landon can react Toxxic has hammerlocked his right arm and starts to apply his own Dragon Sleeper!

“Repeat To Fade!” Riley shouts, “here’s the superior version Comet!”

However, in his eagerness to try and win the match Toxxic has applied the move with the usual arm… and the usual arm for his Repeat To Fade is the left arm. The straight-edger realises his mistake too late as pain flares up in his arm and Landon is able to twist around in his grip before grabbing Toxxic around his waist and bridging backwards with a Northern Light Suplex! Kivell drops to the mat to make the count…

ONE!

TWO!!

THHHHHRRRRRR-

-but Toxxic gets his shoulder up in time, and the crowd sit down again for the moment! Landon scrambles up to his feet as fast as he can and backs off, waiting for the right opportunity… which comes as Toxxic pushes himself up to one knee and Landon darts in to deliver the second Shining Wizard of the match!

*CRACK!*

Toxxic topples backwards but Landon doesn’t follow with a cover this time; instead the challenger heads to the top rope again as fast as possible. Bearing in mind the fact that Toxxic evaded his last diving attack Landon seems to be going for a move that will allow him to keep his eyes on his opponent, and leaps off with a HUGE diving headbutt… THAT CONNECTS!

*BANG!*

The clash of heads favours Landon this time as La Cucaracha was prepared for the impact; nonetheless the challenger is unable to follow up his attack immediately as he is too busy clutching his own forehead and wondering what on earth persuaded him to use it as a weapon. Toxxic is hardly any better off though, and although Landon is wobbly when he stands he is at least able to get upright under his own power. Toxxic is far less assured and requires Landon’s assistance to get up - assistance that Landon is only too happy to give, as it allows him to tow the unresisting Straight-Edge Sensation to the corner where he hops up onto the second buckle.

“YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

The crowd are alive now as Landon carefully places his arm and leg across Toxxic, readying him for the Crash Landon, then swings himself off the buckle-

*BANG!*

-but he drops to the canvas alone as Toxxic manages to grab onto the ropes with his right arm and stop his momentum! The breath is knocked from Maddix’s lungs by the impact and for a moment neither man is able to move - then Toxxic seems to regain his wits and simply kicks Maddix as hard as he can in the head!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

“Yup, that’s the soccer background for ya,” Riley laughs as Landon rolls away clutching his skull and the still-dazed Toxxic looks muzzily at Matthew Kivell while the referee admonishes him.

“Ah, but just like the soccer-obsessed sadist in Sylvester Stallone’s ‘Cliffhanger’, Toxxic will have his comeuppance and go tumbling head over heels into the chasm of defeat!” Comet asserts.

“…are you for real?” Riley asks, still astonished even after all this time.

Unaware of the bizarre conversation taking place on the airways, Toxxic brushes Kivell aside and sets off after Maddix. The sight of his opponent on his hands and knees seems to fire the Straight-Edge Sensation up, and it is with considerably more purpose in his stride that the World Champion reaches Landon and hauls him up. Toxxic’s left arm is still visibly painful, but he only needs his right to Irish whip Maddix across the ring into the far turnbuckles. Maddix isn’t able to reverse the momentum this time and he hits hard, but before he can catch his breath Toxxic has followed him in and leapt up to deliver a stunning leg lariat upon impact! The Brit cuts a practiced flip off the move and lands on his feet on the ring apron while Landon staggers forwards, then Toxxic quickly climbs over the ropes to take a seat on the top buckle, reaches forwards to hook Landon in a reverse headlock and swings out with the Tornado reverse DDT known as the Final Shine!

*BANG!*

Toxxic scoots around on the mat and reaches over to hook Landon’s le as Matty Kivell drops to the mat to make the count…

ONE!

TWO!!

THHHHHHHHRRRR-

-but Landon kicks out, much to Toxxic’s dismay! The World Champion angrily asks Kivell how that count was not three, but the SWF’s Senior Official sticks to his guns and the match continues. With a long-suffering sigh Toxxic picks Landon up again and clamps on a ¾ headlock, then turns to face the nearest turnbuckle. His left arm is still in considerable pain, but it should be OK to deliver one last move…

As the shouts of the crowd rise in volume Toxxic sets off across the ring, running up the turnbuckles and flipping backwards at the top to bring Maddix down with the Intoxxication…

*Whump*

…but now it is Landon’s turn to hold onto the top rope, and as his grip is broken Toxxic lands, on his feet but rather confused, behind La Cucaracha! Realisation dawns a moment later and the Straight-Edge Sensation takes a step towards his opponent’s back-

*SMACK!*

-but Landon turns on the spot and Toxxic walks straight into some Sweet Cuca Music!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“Sweet Cuca Music!” Comet shouts unnecessarily, “out of nowhere! Victory could be in Maddix’s grasp!”

Maddix has to hold himself up on the ropes for a second, but The Future knows what he has to do now in order to cement his own future as the World Champion. Gritting his teeth through the pain in his head Landon clambers up to the second buckle, turns around and waits for Toxxic to get up…

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

…which the Straight-Edge Sensation does, with agonising slowness from La Cucaracha’s point of view…

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

…then Landon Maddix leaps off into the air, arm outstretched, directly at Toxxic.

Who sees him a split-second too early from Maddix’s point of view, and jumps up to hit him with a dropkick.

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Both men hit the mat hard, but Toxxic’s landing is controlled whereas Maddix crashes and burns. Admittedly the World Champion did instinctively break his fall with his left arm and the result of that is not a pleasant one, but he is still in slightly better shape than his challenger.

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“Citizen Maddix looked like he was going for the Crash Landon ‘04, but Toxxic saw him coming,” Comet declares. “BOTH these men have the other well-scouted and I honestly cannot say whom will win this titanic conflict, but I do know that this match is among the most exciting and most eagerly-anticipated of this year!”

Toxxic staggers up to his feet and looks down at Maddix. The Future is gasping for air off the twin impact of dropkick and landing, but Toxxic knows he hasn’t got long. With that in mind the World Champion takes a couple of slightly unsteady steps to the turnbuckle, climbs upwards as quickly as he can and then corkscrews back off to deliver a Hangover…

*WHAM!*

…that hits home!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

With a prayer on his lips to whatever benevolent deity might be listening, Toxxic hooks Landon’s far leg and rolls as much of his weight into the cover as he can…

ONE!

TWO!!

THHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Landon STILL kicks out, and the crowd are going wild!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

With prayers like that unanswered it’s easy to see why Toxxic’s an atheist; the growling straight-edger simply glares at Matty Kivell, then starts to haul Maddix upright. The challenger flops boneless down to the mat again however and Kivell steps in to make sure La Cucaracha is able to continue. Toxxic clearly thinks that Landon is faking it and tries to brush Kivell out of the way but the referee stands firm… that is, until Landon reaches up to grabs his belt, hauls himself up into a sitting position and then shoves Kivell away! The referee staggers across the ring, trying to maintain his balance, and in that one moment of inattention Maddix turns towards the approaching Toxxic and-

*CHING!*

-nails him in the happy-happy-joy-joy area!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“THAT’S ILLEGAL!” Bobby Riley thunders on commentary. “Comet, how can you support this man in his quest to win the World Title?”

“He isn’t Toxxic,” Comet replies simply.

Toxxic has toppled backwards, hands clutching at his genitals. Kivell turns around and sees the suspicious foetal position of the World Champion but is constrained by the rules, and as much as he’d like to call something that he didn’t see he simply can’t do it. What he can do however is prevent Landon from blatantly choking Toxxic on the mat…

‘ONE!’

‘TWO!’

‘THREE!’

‘FOUR!’

‘FI-’

…well, he can prevent it after a five-count, anyway. Landon looks up as Kivell starts admonishing him, then realises he hasn’t got the time to protest his innocence and starts to haul Toxxic up off the canvas. The Land Of Nod can be countered. The Crash Landon has resulted in him hitting the mat hard both times. Maddix knows that he needs to start thinking outside the box if he’s to stand a chance of removing the World Title from Toxxic’s white-knuckle grip. But he’s got just the thing…

“Full nelson?” Riley queries as Landon hauls Toxxic into position.

“No,” Comet responds as Landon takes a deep breath, “I think he’s going for a-”

*BANG!*

“-DRAGON SUPLEX!” the superhero finishes as Landon spikes Toxxic’s head into the mat. Kivell drops to count…

ONE!

TWO!!

THHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRR-

-but Landon’s right arm, still a bit sore from Toxxic’s assault on it early in the mat, had given way slightly on the lift and La Cucaracha is unable to maintain his grip tight enough to prevent Toxxic from kicking out!

“Citizen Maddix just busted out a Dragon Suplex, one of the finishing moves of his old mentor Todd Royal,” Comet exclaims. “Whether it was lack of practice or that weakened right arm that prevented it from getting the win I don’t know, but Landon is starting to reach deep into his box of tricks here!”

“Scraping the barrel more like,” Riley answers, “let’s see if he’s got anything else he can rip off from people!”

Landon is visibly annoyed, both with himself for not being able to hold the pin and at Toxxic for being able to kick out. However, the World Champion is not looking too healthy and Landon is determined to keep the pressure up. With a grunt of effort Maddix grabs the Straight-Edge Sensation and hauls him upright, then slips behind his opponent and bends down slightly to place his shoulders beneath Toxxic’s right ribs. A moment later Maddix has straightened his legs, and Toxxic is up into a Torture Rack position!

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

“Citizen Maddix has Toxxic up!” Comet shouts. “Could he be going for the F.U.R.B?”

But instead of flipping Toxxic over his head into a Burning Hammer Maddix winds himself up, then releases the straight-edger’s legs and starts to spin…

“BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA!” Comet screams…

…but Toxxic has pushed himself away from Maddix’s shoulder to get some extra momentum, and he continues his rotation around to hook Landon with a front facelock and drop him down into a DDT!

*BAM!*

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

Both men lie almost motionless on the canvas, Maddix on his front and Toxxic on his back. The crowd are growing increasingly vocal, both in support of Maddix and against Toxxic, but the only voice that actually matters at the minute is that of Matthew Kivell as he begins his double count.

‘ONE!’

“Maddix went for the Blunt Force Trauma, the finishing move of the last Unnamed member to win the World Heavyweight Title, ‘The Notorious’ John Duran!” Comet says breathlessly. “If that had hit then I have no doubt that Citizen Maddix would be World Heavyweight Champion at this moment!”

‘TWO!’

“But it didn’t and that’s what matters!” Riley responds. “Then only thing that matters right now is that Toxxic countered out and is still the champion!”

“For the moment Robert,” Comet reminds him, “for the moment.”

‘THREE!’

Both men are starting to move… very slowly. Maddix gets his hands underneath him and begins to push up, but the match-long assault on his head has taken its toll and La Cucaracha just doesn’t seem to be in full command of his body. Meanwhile Toxxic is still feeling the neck-crushing effects of the vicious Dragon Suplex and although he has started to roll over onto his right hand side where he can use his stronger arm to prop himself up he isn’t moving much quicker than Maddix.

‘FOUR!’

Landon is on all fours now and breathing heavily, trying to clear his head. Toxxic forces himself into a sitting position, seemingly equally dazed. Between them both Matthew Kivell stands, hands upraised as he continues his count.

‘FIVE!’

Landon struggles up to his knees, then looks to his right and sees Toxxic who is also making upwards progress. Gritting his teeth, Maddix lashes out sideways-

*CRACK!*

“WHOOO!”

-and delivers a stinging knife-edge chop to the straight-edger! The impact causes Toxxic to grunt in pain but then the Brit fires back with a European uppercut that sends Maddix sprawling. A gleam suddenly comes into Toxxic’s eyes as he sees Landon falls backwards and he scrambles forwards, grabbing Maddix’s leg perhaps in preparation for the Regal Stretch, but Maddix desperately reaches upwards and hooks his opponent for a small package…

ONE!

TWO!!

THHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

“THAT WAS THREE!”

“THAT WAS THREE!”

The crowd are vocal in their castigation of Matty Kivell but the SWF’s senior official pays them no heed, instead brandishing the damning two fingers. Maddix doesn’t pay any attention however; he’s more focused on beating Toxxic to his feet. The Straight-Edge Sensation and The Future are both up at almost exactly the same time but it is Toxxic who lunges at his opponent first… and it is Landon who sidesteps the attack and snares Toxxic in a reverse headlock! For a moment it looks as if La Cucaracha is going to try for the Land Of Nod again, but instead Landon whips his right arm around and drives it into Toxxic’s chest to take the World Champion down with the Landon Eye!

*WHAM!*

The crowd support is building again, but it takes Landon a few moments to get back up to his feet. Once there he looks down at his opponent, as if wondering whether he should have gone for the cover… but after a second’s contemplation he turns and heads for the turnbuckle, twirling his fingers over his head in the symbol for the Drug Of Maddixion as he goes!

Landon steps through the ropes and starts to climb the turnbuckles, favouring his right arm slightly as he pulls himself up with it. This is not the same spry Landon Maddix that started the match; whether it is the long, gruelling run of the Cold Front Classic that is finally catching up with him or simply the punishment he has taken in this championship match, The Future is nowhere near as fast as he was. To be fair Toxxic isn’t anywhere near as quick as he was either… but while Landon is still struggling to the top, the Straight-Edge Sensation manages to clamber briefly to his feet and then lunge sideways into the ropes just as Landon gets to the top buckle!

“OOOOOOooohhhhhh…”

Every male in the arena winces in sympathy when Landon’s genitals collide with the top of the steel post as Toxxic succeeds in crotching his opponent, but as tempting as it is for Toxxic to slump back down to the mat the World Champion knows he doesn’t have that option. It’s no longer enough to merely buy himself some time - he HAS to try and win this match now. With the same determination that saw him stagger out to defend his ICTV Title against Janus after he’d been thrown through a glass door, and the same determination that allowed him to get up from the Fall From Grace against Nathaniel Kibagami, Toxxic tightens his grip on the ring ropes and pulls himself up.

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

Landon is still perched on the top buckle as Toxxic staggers towards him. The Future looks up as Toxxic begins to climb towards him and weakly fires off a forearm shot to the straight-edger’s temple, but although he wobbles briefly Toxxic holds on, then shoots his head forwards-

*CRACK!*

-and delivers a headbutt that smashes into Maddix’s face and causes a trickle of blood to emerge from La Cucaracha’s nose. The impact nearly sends Maddix toppling off backwards but he grimly holds on, only for Toxxic to reach up and place him in a front facelock.

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

The fans are chanting for all they’re worth, but all the vocal support in the world can’t help Landon Maddix now. Toxxic tightens his grip, then grabs the waist of Landon’s shorts with his left hand and virtually falls backwards. His left arm isn’t much use in bringing Maddix up or over and it is a very sloppy superplex that drives Landon down into the ring…

*BANG!*

…but it isn’t the superplex that’s going to do the real damage. With one last burst of effort Toxxic rolls through the impact, maintaining his grip on the front facelock, and wraps his legs around Maddix’s midsection to lock in a very familiar move…

“WET CEMENT!” Comet yells in amazement as the Straight-Edge Sensation leans backwards, wrenching at Maddix’s neck for all he’s worth. “Toxxic has just applied Tom Flesher’s Wet Cement to Landon Maddix!”

“YES! YES!” Riley orgasms in delight. “This is perfect! This is absolutely perfect!

It’s not perfect. Toxxic is nowhere near the technical master that Tom Flesher was, and a student of mat wrestling could doubtless find several flaws in the move’s application. However, Toxxic isn’t facing a student of mat wrestling; he’s facing a bruised and battered Landon Maddix. Landon has given everything he has in this match, and with his skull having taken a beating and the breath knocked out of him by the superplex he is in no condition to break out a counter. With blood pouring from his nose, his head pounding and his breath coming in gasps, Landon is limited to a few weak punches at Toxxic’s ribs. The Straight-Edge Sensation winces as they connect, but he knows that all he has to do is hold on. And hold on he does.

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

Matty Kivell drops down, looking to see if Maddix wants to quit.

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

Maddix is fighting it for all he’s worth, but there doesn’t seem to be any way out.

“MAD-DIX! MAD-DIX!”

The Future…

*TAP-TAP-TAP-TAP-TAP!*

…is not today.

*DING-DING-DING!*

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

It takes Matthew Kivell tapping Toxxic urgently on the shoulder and starting to pull at him to get the straight-edger to finally release his grip as the opening chord of ‘Rookie’ rings out over the PA system. The exhausted Toxxic slumps backwards to the mat as Landon Maddix rolls away clutching his head and trying to wipe away the blood that is still streaming from his nose.

“Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner and STILL~ SWF WORLD… HEAVYWEIGHT… CHAMPION…” Funyon booms, “the ‘Straight-Edge Sensation’… TOXXXXXXXXX-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!”

Toxxic struggles up to his knees and takes the World Title that Matthew Kivell hands to him, then waves the referee away and reaches out to grab the ropes and haul himself up.

“Citizens, Landon Maddix gave it his all,” Comet says sadly. “Perhaps he isn’t experienced enough yet in the big matches, or perhaps this simply wasn’t his night. Regardless, despite all the effort he threw into this encounter between two highly-skilled young athletes, it was the defending champion who came out on top once again.”

“There’s no stopping him now,” Riley chuckles. “I don’t know about you Comet, but this has made my festive season! Toxxic using the Wet Cement to beat Landon Maddix, the man who retired Tom Flesher? It just can’t get better than this!”

“Citizens, I hope you all have a happy holiday season,” Comet says, trying to ignore his commentary partner. “We in the SWF will be waiting for you in the New Year whenever you feel like a dose of heroism, villainy and general mayhem! Until then, I’m CYCLOOOOOOOOOOONE COMET-”

“-and I’m going to get wasted!” Riley declares, throwing his PepsiMax away and ripping his headphones off.

In the middle of the ring, Toxxic holds the World Title up for all to see, then collapses back down to all fours as the rest of Revolution Zero start to make their way down the ramp. It took virtually everything he had, but he did it.

He is still World Heavyweight Champion.

© Smarks Wrestling Federation, 2004

‘Smarking out since forever’

Time for my own comments on Toxxic's match I guess...

Nice basic opening section, if feeling a little over described, with Maddix wrestling to compenstate for him taling Toxxic slightly in terms of speed and strenght.

If Toxxic was in a Jacknife, he wouldn't be doing any briding up, but like Maddix didn't mean Full Nelson, I dont think you ment Jacknife hold, just the flipping action into the pin. But servers to how Toxxic is slightly the stronger and the quicker.

Quick early counts, but all of them break out before two, so there's plant of time to build them up, even though they'll shock falls rather than falls from damage.

The trade off continues, and actually looks like it might lead somewhere, with things slowly becoming a little faster, still going for the odd fast falls. Again very like NJ junior stuff, but a fuller section that Maddix used.

Maddix getting arm dragged before he can stand up from the kickout then the uppercut is a lovely little spot to show Toxxic's speed edge.

Could have used with the question being firmly planted that Toxxic may well start loosing to Maddix if he keeps for the mat apporoach. But the Arm Dragon Screw is a fair smooth shift into Toxxic's control, and his offence. And shockingly, this does feel like Toxxic, picking a game and going for it at full speed.

Nice counter, Maddix being able to out think Toxxic, and a move that's more a pyschological attack than a physical one.

And again, very NJ like, with a few quick spots, short trade offs that done do very much before a nice dive to the outside. And Maddix is set as using his cheating ways from near the outside. If that's a point that's going to ome up again.

Arm work is brought back, so there's a clear idea of what's being targeted (like a huge sign in your face clear) and Maddix again works on out thinking Toxxic. If that's a thread that carries on, it will be a good one.

Maybe a bit early to break into the sig move trade off spots, but at least it shows Maddix again out thinking Toxxic. But it's very back and forth at this point, rather than having one focus. Could work against the match in the long run.

Still keeping the covers short though, keep the room for builds up to close falls.

Turn about is fair play and all with Maddix going after Toxxic's arm as well, but he just had a flurry of move's that targed Toxxic's head, good set up for the LON, which should have been touched on. Or the fact that Maddix is seeking to disable Toxxic somewhat as well, take the edge off and open up more ways of out thinking him.

Seems a bit early for Maddix to be getting careless with risks, as if you're going to play Maddix as out thinking Toxxic to be an extra threat to him, he can't make such mistakes.

The breif armwork plays off, allowing Maddix to counter the Discus Clothesline, only to be re-countered. It starts to looks like Toxxic is in control, but the Maddix fight's back again, meaning the match still hasn't settled down from being back and forth, but stretches are slowly getting longer.

But it's another re-counter and Toxxic's speed advantage pays off for him again as he takes Maddix down and starts to move onto the big bombs.

Toxxic doesn't look to be playing that smart either though, as his own high risk works again him, but it seems a little early for it. As well as not following the earlier arm work to soften up for a submission.

Interesting little transistion stop, with Maddix kicking Toxxic like that while he's on that . But now it seems like Maddix is going for arm work and Toxxic for the head.

Still, at least this plan carries on as Toxxic goes for the Caffeine Bomb only to get caughty ina Fujiwara. But it feels a little anti-climatic. Because there's been no real stron section from either guy, so it's like like you're begging for Maddix to make a comeback and start kicking Toxxic's ass.

But the thread of Maddix using wrestling to take Toxxic down is still holding together, and certainly there's been time for his arm to before as well, though it should have been pointed out.

Shown again as Toxxic goes for a section CB and can't because of his arm.

An Exploder is no neckdrop boy, it's just a suplex. And there's again, a key point where the match just keeps going back and forth.

If Toxxic had been kicking Maddix's ass from pillar to post for a while, with Maddix only getting in breif shots and arm holds to try and fight back, it could have been a big turning point. Of if Toxxic had countered here again, out pacing Maddix and just starting to beating him down again, showing Toxxic has the better physical skills in speed and strenght and making a good heel moment.

The battle over the LON is ok, but Maddix as half been set to be out doing Toxxic on the mat, with with different build, this would have been another point to over come Toxxic and make for a near finish. Still, at least Toxxic fights out rather than wrestling out.

Then again, the arm comes back into play yet again, and allows Maddix to wrestle free. But Maddix's arm has just been dropped and there's not much talk of the beating to his head.

And just like Toxxic, Maddix drops his game plan and start dropping bombs to try and win, through his one pays off. Might have been better to use something that played off the arm work, and helped Maddix work it over more or set up the LON.

And again, the thread of Maddix being the smart on falls apart as Toxxic gets an easy counter. This could have been used to play up the Toxxic faster threat, by having Toxxic twist as well, so both men spin around and come right back to where they started, before Toxxic throws down the stunned Maddix and starts to beat him.

Toxxic back in control with this, and at least the second plan of going for Maddix's head carries on now.

And then the thread of Maddix being a little step ahead is back, with him using the same hold on trick and catching Toxxic with the superkick,

Again to the thread of Toxxic being the faster man, but it would have been better to cut off the building of a bigger come back, rather than many comebacks that aren't really that small. Leaves everything sort of fragmented.

Toxxic gets another big move, but again, Maddix makes a comeback that stops any flow to the match.

And suddenly a Dragon Suplex and Maddix has dropped away from the arm plan all together and jsut gone for bombs like Toxxic.

And again another suddent counter...with neither man really selling much of anything that's mean used, just moving form spot to spot.

A false finish that doesn't mean to much because Landon's been there and he's not really coming back from any great doom it feels.

If this back and forth was the break down from a match of long control, frantic counters coming out to every move, both men trying to hold onto chances off winning, it could be good. But it's not, it's the same thing as the rest of the match.

And then Toxxic wins by a mat wrestling move, that he's not ment to be very good at.

Hmmm.....Maddix desevered the win.

Both guys tried to bring in some interesting threads, but they where badly one or just dropped completely.

Maddix was wrestling the wrong person, and didn't really build any way as to how he was actually going to beat Toxxic.

But this match was fragmented, neither man ever really feeling in control, never really getting behind Maddix for a big come back because there isn't one, so there's no difference between the race to the finish and the rest of the match other than the moves are more high impact.

Maddix had some half solid sporty line with Toxxic being a dominate prick.

Guest Korgath

Would appreciate a little love for the King/Korgath collaboration. That is, much comments, please.

I suppose what I was going for was that Maddix was prepared for Toxxic, but Toxxic was prepared for Maddix as well and so neither managed to ever get an overwhelming advantage, Toxxic eventually winning by using a mat move for shock value (and not, let's face it, a particularly difficult mat move) which played off all the head work he did. I do agree, looking back, that Maddix using the Dragon Suplex was unrelated to what he had done previously, but that was sort of the idea; both men were getting so stumped with their normal gameplans that they started throwing anything and everything they knew at each other in the hope that something would pay off. I had considered Maddix going for the Wrath of Todd, but knew better than to try that without any lead-up ;)

I know you don't watch football Dace, but think of it like this. Sometimes you'll get two really good teams (say Arsenal and Man U) who can both play excellent football, but when they come up against each other they cancel each other out and have a scrappy, shitty match that is won by a soft goal. That's sort of what I was going for here, with neither man's usual options open to them and Toxxic managing to transition a regular Superplex into something match-ending.

I suppose, on reflection, I tried to be too clever. Rest assured I learnt my lesson, and next time will be breaking Maddix's neck :)

And that just goes to show why I'll never be World Heavyweight Champion; my writing isn't anywhere near that complex... A have a tremendous degree of respect for anybody that can incoporate that kind of subtlety into a match... and it didn't even win...

Well, WC, it seems that Toxxic overthought himself there. It sounds good, in theory, but...

think about it this way. In amateur wrestling, sometimes when you put a really high-level competitor against a really low-level one, you get the anointed winner throwing the opponent around in very pretty, very exciting throws. Sometimes you get the plucky-young-guy-puts-up-an-unexpected-fight scenario that ends in either an underdog win or the anointed winner eking out a victory where he should have destroyed his opponent. And sometimes you get the top-level guy walking out there, calmly executing a bunch of low-risk, high-percentage moves, and scoring a by-the-books victory.

One of these is physically interesting. Two are dramatically interesting. One isn't very interesting at all.

Realism doesn't always make for a great match, sad to say.

How dare you, Dace. Wrestling IS realistic!

*Hurricanranas Dace*

See!