TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Precious Roy

Is Brandon Truitt ever going to....

I can't afford to buy them myself, and his reviews were some of my favorite things to read at TSM. I know he was pissed over the Feinstein stuff and said he give RF anymore money, but it seems like RF is totally out of the picture now, and ROH is releasing the "Straight Shootin'" series with some intriguing new tapes, Liger and Rotundo just to name a few.....

So, what's the deal with Brandon? Suckas gotta know.

I've got newer shoots to review but it's a matter of sitting down and reviewing them.

At this point, it's getting into the frame of mind where I can sit down, watch one straight through, then get it ready with minimal trouble.

Considering one of the last ones I did was the godawful Keiji Mutoh / Kaz Hayashi doublebill with Muta's horrible Engrish, I'm having trouble getting enthusiastic enough to do one anytime soon.

Guest Black Tiger

I hope you get back into the frame of mind soon Teke. I want to check out Highspots shoots with Wendi Richter, Lex Luger, and Bill Apter. But I don't wanna shell out any money until I get your seal of approval.

The three I've ordered recently are the Mick Foley shoot, the Midnight Express shoot (Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey, not Eaton and Stan Lane), and the Jim Cornette "Secrets Of The Ring" interview.

The only one I've watched yet is the Cornette one (naturally) and, instead of stories, it's more of an explanation of how to properly do wrestling psychology.

A lot of it involves things that Cornette himself admits are elementary, such as finding ways to sell an upcoming match (repeat the date of the match over and over again in the promo) to ways to get the crowd behind you by using interesting language (just plan "You're a liar" vs. "You're as truthful as a "Get Well" card from an undertaker!")

If and when I get through those, I'm probably going to get the new Steve Corino shoot, the Fantastics shoot, the One Man Gang shoot, the Butch Reed shoot, the Dr. Tom Pritchard shoot, the Mr. Fuji shoot, and the Lex Luger shoot.

Those are the ones I'd have decent hopes for. I'm also considering the Curtis Hughes shoot for sheer camp value, as he supposedly talks about how being black kept him down and that it didn't have anything to do with his drug habits, his shitty ring-work, and his downright horrible attitude.

(Hughes' bad behavior has been covered in the past by Mick Foley, Gary Cappetta, Tod Gordon, Ken Shamrock and others through books and shoots, so I'm not sure too much will shock me but it would probably be an interesting read for most people)