TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestling365

New WWE Taping Schedule? Matt Hardy Latest...

Guest wrestling365

As well as the January 31 WWE TV tapings from San Jose; Raw and Smackdown will also be taped from the same arena on the same night February 7 in Anchorage, Alaska. I'm told this is a two-week experiment to see if it would be viable for the company to do on a regular basis. Obviously this is a cost-cutting measure, and like most ideas they seem to come up with, works in theory but doesn't in practise. The trick to taping Raw, Smackdown, Heat and Velocity all on the same night is to keep the crowd hot which will be damn near impossible to do for around 5 hours.

Tough Enough winner Daniel Puder will be working "Hardcore" matches against Bob Holly at Smackdown house shows in the new year. Obviously at this point Puder is no where near ready but I'm sure he could get away with bashing people with blunt instruments. The idea of him working against Bob Holly scares me although with his MMA background Holly might think twice about taking liberties with this kid.

Some good news for Matt Hardy fans... After a physical evaluation this past week Matt was told he should be able to return to action in February -- although he may be written back into storylines sooner than that.

WWE Raw house show results from Tuesday in Glendale, AZ... Eugene/William Regal over Christian/Tyson Tomko, Tajiri over Val Venis, Simon Dean over Hurricane, Lita over Trish Stratus, Muhammad Hassan over Rhyno, Batista over Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin over Gene Snitsky and Kane in a three-way match, and Randy Orton over Triple H. 'Superstar' Billy Graham also made an appearance during the show and beat up Jonathon Coachman. Thanks to Glen and Sarah for the recap.

'Superstar' Billy Graham received another mixed reaction in the Raw locker room on Tuesday night. While most of the crew were respectful and walked up to Graham to shake his hand some of the "old-timers" gave him a frosty reception and ignored him the whole night. There has been heat on Graham within the WWE for many years. This pretty much stems from accusing Pat Patterson on national television of sexually harassing a male member of the ring crew. He later admitted that he made the whole thing up. Graham has made somewhat of a mends in recent years and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame earlier this year at Wrestlemania 20.

W365 reader Michael Frye met Tajiri a few days ago: "I work at LAX Airport and on Christmas Day I met Tajiri in the parking lot, he wanted Singapore Airlines so I pointed him in the right direction. He was real nice guy."

The movie trailer for 'The Longest Yard' featuring Steve Austin and Bill Goldberg is now online at www.longestyard.com

Tough Enough winner Daniel Puder will be working "Hardcore" matches against Bob Holly at Smackdown house shows in the new year. Obviously at this point Puder is no where near ready but I'm sure he could get away with bashing people with blunt instruments. The idea of him working against Bob Holly scares me although with his MMA background Holly might think twice about taking liberties with this kid.

This is not going to end well.

I give it a month before we hear a report of an injury because Job Holly wanted to teach someone a lesson.

Guest LooneyTune

Puder will be my all-time favorite wrestler if he tries to break Holly's arm or something... lord knows he probably could do it if he wanted to.

That actually makes sense considering the booking during that Tough Enough cross-dressing segment. I wouldn't worry much about Holly hurting Puder though.

Congratulations to Matt Hardy for his recovery as well.

This is not going to end well.

I give it a month before we hear a report of an injury because Job Holly wanted to teach someone a lesson.

Sweet, I'm going to a Smackdown house show on Monday and I think I'd like to see this :cheers:

Raw and Smackdown will also be taped from the same arena on the same night February 7 in Anchorage, Alaska.

Ah? ...

Seems like every place I live, the WWE screws me over and doesn't come. Then when I move, they do a taping there.

While most of the crew were respectful and walked up to Graham to shake his hand some of the "old-timers" gave him a frosty reception and ignored him the whole night.

The old timers like who, Tony Garea? Uh oh, don't want to piss him off.

Guest Coffey

Fuck. A ticket to go see Raw, Smackdown, Heat & Velocity all in one night would be pretty cool to me. How much does that shit cost though?

I'm a big fan of multiple hours of entertainment. I'd be front row for them all for sure...although I'm sure my voice would be gone after Heat.

I'm told this is a two-week experiment to see if it would be viable for the company to do on a regular basis. Obviously this is a cost-cutting measure, and like most ideas they seem to come up with, works in theory but doesn't in practise. The trick to taping Raw, Smackdown, Heat and Velocity all on the same night is to keep the crowd hot which will be damn near impossible to do for around 5 hours.

:lol:

Well, sooner or later WWE's going to run out of ideas to cut costs.

Guest drdrainoscott
I'm told this is a two-week experiment to see if it would be viable for the company to do on a regular basis. Obviously this is a cost-cutting measure, and like most ideas they seem to come up with, works in theory but doesn't in practise. The trick to taping Raw, Smackdown, Heat and Velocity all on the same night is to keep the crowd hot which will be damn near impossible to do for around 5 hours.

In the latest observer it is mentioned that the only reason why they are donig two tapings in one night is because there is a tour in the far east that week and due to flight conflicts, having only one taping was the only way to have a new edition of Smackdown

Guest wrestling365

In the latest observer it is mentioned that the only reason why they are donig two tapings in one night is because there is a tour in the far east that week and due to flight conflicts, having only one taping was the only way to have a new edition of Smackdown

That is obviously another reasonable explanation for the taping schedule change too. I’m just going off what was said to me.

That is obviously another reasonable explanation for the taping schedule change too. I’m just going off what was said to me.

You mean what you read off of Wrestlezone?

Wrestling365, what you wrote makes no sense, think about it. Whenever they run raw on the east coast the show ends at, guess what time? Then they would tape Velocity till 12:08 in the morning. Then they would tape smackdown until 2 in the morning. Nice try, get real sources. Or maybe they could start the smackdown taping at 5 in the afternoon, when most people are still at work. Seriously, I do not know if you have real sources, but if they are real sources make sure they know what in the fuck they are talking about.

Guest wrestling365
Wrestling365, what you wrote makes no sense, think about it.  Whenever they run raw on the east coast the show ends at, guess what time?  Then they would tape Velocity till 12:08 in the morning.  Then they would tape smackdown until 2 in the morning.  Nice try, get real sources.  Or maybe they could start the smackdown taping at 5 in the afternoon, when most people are still at work.  Seriously, I do not know if you have real sources, but if they are real sources make sure they know what in the fuck they are talking about.

Yeah okay, I just dream this stuff up. This is what happens g_m...

1.) I'll write

2.) You call bullsh-t

3.) I'm proven to be right

and it continues...

Taping Raw, Smackdown, Heat, and Velocity in one sitting is very easily done, and I didn't mention the start time of the show did I.

Guest LooneyTune

No fans in their right minds will sit for a meaningless taping for FIVE HOURS. This isn't Wrestlemania. The ONLY appealing factor is to see a RAW and Smackdown show back-to-back without actually seeing them on the same TV show, and not enough people will probably have the focus for this long of a taping.

Wrestling365, what you wrote makes no sense, think about it.  Whenever they run raw on the east coast the show ends at, guess what time?  Then they would tape Velocity till 12:08 in the morning.  Then they would tape smackdown until 2 in the morning.  Nice try, get real sources.  Or maybe they could start the smackdown taping at 5 in the afternoon, when most people are still at work.  Seriously, I do not know if you have real sources, but if they are real sources make sure they know what in the fuck they are talking about.

1.) I'll write

2.) You call bullsh-t

and it continues...

Taping Raw, Smackdown, Heat, and Velocity in one sitting is very easily done, and I didn't mention the start time of the show did I.

Tell me how this is easily done, since most of the shows are taped on the east coast. No way will fans stay past midnight, and no way will fans come before 6 due to work. And I am not disputing that they will tape back to back, as I have heard that from Meltzer, I am disputing you saying they are considering doing it long term.

Why have a roster split if you're going to have the majority of the superstars appear. I know it is only a trial run but if they do it down the road it could get really strange

Guest wrestling365

1.) I'll write

2.) You call bullsh-t

and it continues...

Tell me how this is easily done, since most of the shows are taped on the east coast. No way will fans stay past midnight, and no way will fans come before 6 due to work. And I am not disputing that they will tape back to back, as I have heard that from Meltzer, I am disputing you saying they are considering doing it long term.

I can't see your point, why wouldn't they considering this long-term?

I wouldnt mind 5 hours. especially since the last raw I went to (the kane-lita wedding) had a grand total of 5 matches (with one of them a squash featuring chuck palumbo) combined raw and heat

but i would defin need a bathroom break lol

Guest wrestling365

A correction... The upcoming WWE show in Anchorage Alaska takes place Sunday, February 6 (Superbowl Sunday) and not Monday, February 7 as I previously wrote. This is actually a house show as both crews will be in Japan that week for TV tapings. Sorry if I confused anybody...

No fans in their right minds will sit for a meaningless taping for FIVE HOURS.

Fans did it all the time from 86-95 or so. The old Superstars / Challenge tapings often went past midnight.

I'm not saying the crowds were big and I'm not saying people didn't leave during the show, I'm just saying it used to be the norm.