TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Best threads of 2004

Guest Failed Mascot

The one where me and Kotz committed political sabotage against one another. The Gang Warz may have sucked but that thread was gold Jerry, GOLD!

I still maintain that the Gang Wars were the best thing on this board in 2004. Showed that posters we once thought were okay really blew (DerangedHermit most prominently, with others), threw HD into a sort of weird InVasion-ish interlude where we all sorta just wondered what the hell happened when it was over, had threads that were created already off the first page by the end of the day, brought back some favorites, and was just plain fun.

"Bret Hart Responds To Ric Flair's Comments" was just an incredibly boring thread. The same arguments regurgitated over and over for 20 pages. "Ric Flair is the greatest entertainer ever, so he can criticize Bret" or "Bret was an amazing technical wrestler, and Flair relied on the same matches every night" were just continually repeated, with every post following it simply a variation of one of those two statements. The thread just had no purpose -- it seems to be in the Classics Folder for no other reason than "It stayed on topic for so long".....If we're going by that criteria, "The Bible Is Literally True" should have been put in Classics months ago.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed "The Bible is Literally True". It came to the point where that thread actually helped me write certain parts of a philosophy paper, so that's always good.

Despite the fact that it probably could have lasted a little longer, The Gang Wars of 2004 were great - specifically the poll thread trying to decide who gets #1 Pick and the central thread where all the flaming was contained.

And the UseTheSledgehammerUh topics "Make Fun of My Friends" and "Pictures of a Schoolgirl-Themed Party" were a lot of fun. He lost his use after that, however.

I'm sure there's more, but......meh.

Edited by NY Untouchable

i like how your "thread for people who don't like the real world" thread it spawned ended up with a bunch of people talking about how much they liked the real world.

All you have to do is go back to June and you'll find pages upon pages of Gang Wars threads. I'd just direct him to the "TSM needs a brand extension," "Who gets the #1 pick," "Gang Wars Draft," "Draft Discussion," and "TSM Gang Wars" threads. The others were only funny in spots, like the daily declarations of who won and whatnot. CWM's profiles of the different leaders was probably the funniest thing he's ever done. I rather liked being represented by a statue of Augustus.

Showed that posters we once thought were okay really blew (DerangedHermit most prominently, with others)

AW HELL NAW

Please, be reasonable. We really all thought you were decent until then. I don't know what the hell happened, but you've been one big bucket of retarded since June.

Hmm...this thread reminded me that we're on the verge of a year in which we don't need to read Cancer Marney's and AMikeSC's repetitive masked flamings. 2005 looks to be a promising year for TSM, indeed.

I wish I was like Superstar. I miss a pube-less existence where my testicles still cling to my gooch for dear life.

Hey, I never saw that before. And, ouch.

I said that? :lol:

CWM's profiles of the different leaders was probably the funniest thing he's ever done. I rather liked being represented by a statue of Augustus.

Those were from Angle-plex and Alfdogg.

Guest Failed Mascot
if you skip page four, this is a pretty good read.

That thread made me miss sub. Usually I can get him to come around if I call out for him like Timmy calls for Lassie though. Only difference is instead of saving somebody from a burning barn he makes fun of them and then spits in their crying mom's face.

Guest Failed Mascot

I was told this thread was going to be put in classics when it died down but it never was. Still, I'll give cheap plugs to my own threads.