TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Favourite Goals

:headbang:

-See my signature for my favourite ever.

-Gretzky to Lemieux, 87 Canada Cup

-Desjardins ties it with a minute to go in game 2 of the 93 Cup Finals.

My brother, a hardcore Leafs fan, had an interesting Top 3 Pick: Anyone remember Doug Gilmour's half wrap around against the St. Louis Blues in the 92-93 Norris Division Finals? Man, there's something satisfying about saying 'Norris Division Finals'

Has to be Nikolai Borschevsky scoring the game-winner in Game 7 against Detroit in 1993.

The kid who gave my nephew (the goalie) a triple-overtime shutout win Friday night in his Atom house A league quarterfinal at the Capital Cup tournament ranks pretty highly as well.

Guest The Gecko

May 16, 1996. Red Wings vs. St. Louis Blues, Game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals. Steve Yzerman scores in Triple OT to give the Red Wings the win in the game and the series. Probably the loudest I've ever cheered alone.

Another great one was back in 2002 when Patrick Roy lifted up his glove to show off that he made the save against the Red Wings. Unfortunately for Patrick he didn't have the puck in his glove. As he lifted it, the puck came out from his padding and slid in to the net for a goal (which I think it was credited to Shanahan). The Red Wings won that game (Game 6) and went on to win Game 7 like 8-0 or something crazy. They eventually won the Stanley Cup.

Guest Rrrsh

Id have to go with Bure in OT vs the Flames. Quarter Finals, Game 7 in the 94 Playoffs.

Its the most famous goal in Canuck history.

My brother, a hardcore Leafs fan, had an interesting Top 3 Pick: Anyone remember Doug Gilmour's half wrap around against the St. Louis Blues in the 92-93 Norris Division Finals? Man, there's something satisfying about saying 'Norris Division Finals'

I LOVE that goal. CuJo was god that night and had over 60 saves by then in double OT and he seemed unbeatable until Gilmour's goal.

Some of my favs:

- Yzerman over Fuhr's shoulder in triple OT in the 1996 Conference Semi-Final between STL and Detroit

- Duchesne from the blue line against Hasek to put Ottawa in the playoffs for the first time ever in 1997

- Lemieux's classic against the Soviets in 87

J.J. Daigenault's game-winning goal in Game 6 of the 1987 Cup Finals against Edmonton

Eric Desjardins' game-winner against the Rangers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semis

Eric Lindros' 3rd period goal against the Rangers in Game 4 of the 1997 East Finals

Keith Primeau's goal in 2000 against the Penguins in the 5th overtime in Game 4 of the East semis

Jeremy Roenick's series clincher against Toronto this past year

-Joe Nieuwendyk vs. Patrick Lalime vol. 1 & 2

-Joe Sakic's clincher (well, I guess that's what it was) Olympic Gold Medal game in '02

And I always liked Owen Nolan's 'called' goal against Hasek in the All-Star game at San Jose.

-Nolan's called goal

-Dejardens three goals in 93 Stanley Cup final.

-Iginla through Lemieux to Karyia in 02

-Sakic's clincher.

-Lemuix in 87

-Henderson in 72

-Datsyuk goal against Turco last year

-Bure goal in game 7.

-Koivu scores on Dafoe in 02 in Game 6.

-Greztky topshelf against Vernon? in 87 in OT.

-Robinson scoring against Cheevers in 77? (Don Cherry gets irratated.)

-Flying Orr.

-Diving Bilerko

I'm just going with goals that I witnessed live (not actually there, but in real time):

John Slaney v. USSR - 1991 - my all time favourite goal. I was nine years old and still remember where I was. One of my favourite childhood memories.

Brett Hull v. Buffalo - 1999 - Game 6 - It was a stupid rule anyways and this goal won the cup for the Stars and ensured that my hometown hero Eddie would be bring the cup back to town.

Pavel Bure v. Calgary - 1994 - Game 7 - this goal basically won me our draft. Somehow I was able to get a load of Rangers, as was my other friend. I also had a bunch of Canucks and he had loaded up on Flames. The thinking between the two of us going in was that the draft pretty much came down to this series and it turned out to be true.

Steve Yzerman v. St. Louis - 1996 - Game 7 - Basically I just loved Yzerman's reaction off this shot.

We will leave it at that as the topic is favourite and not most memorable (fucking Lightning, Russians and Americans).

Probably one of my favourite goals ever, was Craig Janny's first ever NHL goal (somehow I remember this). The puck went off his face (around his eye), and into the net

"If he ever scored 50, I hate to see what he looks like," Tom Johnson on that goal.

Bobby Orr = Superman, winning the game and the Cup.

Beat me to it ... most famous picture in NHL history.

For ones that I've seen (either live or on TV) it'd be either Bourque winning the All Star game with a goal in Boston or Neely scoring #s 49 & 50 in his 44th game in '92-'93.