TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyn081

Dream Matches in the WWE (or wrestling in general)

Well, since Viscera vs. Benoit already happened...

Bret/Angle

Austin/Hogan

HBK/Rock

HBK/Angle

HBK/Lesnar

Lesnar/Austin

Lesnar/HHH

Bret/Vince (like I need to explain)

Rock/Rey...oh come on, you'd all love it.

Bret Hart vs. Brock Lesnar would of made the Kevin Nash series of matches with Bret look like shit.

Guest Askewniverse
Maybe Lyger/Mysterio.

Lyger and Mysterio had a decent match at Starrcade '96.

Before either of them made TV in 02, Brock and Orton had a number of dark matches in the WWE.

They also faced each other on SmackDown shortly after SummerSlam 2002. From what I remember, the match was basically an extended squash, but it had a nice finish (Lesnar rolled through a high crossbody and hoisted Orton into the F5).

If Angle/Taker is still the intention, title or not, for WM21 with Angle/HBK being something that was only hinted at with no intention of going there (though they should), I believe it would be a wise move to build to a HBK/Rock match. It gives both something to do that has never happened and probably even creates more interest than Orton vs HHH or JBL vs Cena for the belts would.

Guest Catcher8C

McMahon/Bischoff might be a dream match....

I think with adequate training, Eric could surprise as a brawler...he's athletic.

BUT....in order to have the proper build to a match like this, WCW has to be re-established first and one of the two brands has to be temporarily replaced....unlikely at this point.

Id have to say that the last few big matches left in the WWE are the follows:

Batista-HHH

Orton-Rock

Orton-Cena

HBK-Angle

Jericho-Eddy

HBK- Edge (I know weve seen this, but its the boyhood dream for the World Title isnt it)

Jericho-Cena (I know weve seen this, but when Cena was starting out and was vanilla, im refering to the status they have now)

To a lesser extent:

Regal-Eugene (if built up properly)

Batista-Kane (have they ever fought?)

HBK-Eddy

Have we seen:

UT-Angle in a 1 on 1 match? Apart from the 3 way with The Rock.

Have any of these been on TV? I mean, not in a pumped-up angle sort of way, cause I dont think they have ever been in pumped-up angles.

Jericho v Eddie has been seen when both were in WCW, especially at a Fall Brawl Wargames when Eddie beat Jericho for the Cruiserweight title.

Snitsky v Batista

Edge v Christian

Bubba Ray v D-Von

Rey v RVD

HHH v Angle

For some reason, one dream match I have is Sting/HHH.

HHH cutting one of his long winded "I've beaten them all!" promos...lights go out, soft...dark violin music...changes to "Seek and Destroy" after a bit...lights come on and Sting is in the ring with a baseball bat pointed at HHH's throat while Flair throws a conniption fit.

HBK vs. Rock

HBK vs. Angle

HBK vs. RVD (with time)

HBK vs. Eddie

HBK vs. Paul London

HBK vs. Rey

it's too bad HBK is on the wrong show!

Angle vs. Samoa Joe

Angle vs. Ken Shamrock

Angle vs. Dan Puder

Angle vs. Shelton Benjamin

Angle vs. Charlie Haas (with time and something on the line)

HHH vs. Sting

Rock vs. Cena

Rock vs. Orton

Rey Mysterio vs. Paul London

Rey Mysterio vs. Amazing Red

Rey Mysterio vs. AJ Styles

Rey Mysterio vs. Brian Danielson

Rey Mysterio vs. Christopher Daniels

John Cena vs. Ron Killings

John Cena vs. Randy Savage

Randy orton (w/ legend killer shtick) vs. Randy Savage

Guest wildpegasus

Just a few for now. I might type some more down later:

Benoit vs Lesnar rematch

Benoit vs Kobashi or Kawada

Benoit vs Mysterio in a longer match

Benoit vs Taker

Benoit vs American Dragon, Samoe Joe

Benoit vs Regal rematch

Benoit vs Michaels without HHH interfence

Benoit vs Benjamin with Benoit as heel.

Benoit vs Kobashi or Kawada

Aren't those guys fucking crippled? I swear, every time I hear about them I'm shocked they're still alive.

The only match I'd care about anymore is a real Lesnar vs Goldberg.

Guest LooneyTune

Benoit dragged an almost great match out of Kane's ass, I bet he could do the same for the Undertaker. At least as biker Taker, he was able to do SOMETHING besides no sell and move like he wasn't a zombie.

McMahon/Bischoff might be a dream match....

if, and only if, it was a ~shoot~ ... watching an old, steroid addled man and a has-been karate-fighter have a worked 'brawl' would be painful.

Taker vs Benoit would be nine times of awesome.

Taker vs Cena at WMXXI for the title with Cena winning would be my current dream match in terms of booking.

I got the impression from the first post that this thread was more about 'big' dream matches, the sort that can headline a major show, rather than the 'two of my favorite wrestlers squaring off' type of dream match.

Yes it was.

... but its all good.

Im just glad that I created a post that got so many hits. :)

Id have to say that the last few big matches left in the WWE are the follows:

Batista-HHH

Orton-Rock

Orton-Cena

HBK-Angle

Jericho-Eddy

HBK- Edge (I know weve seen this, but its the boyhood dream for the World Title isnt it)

Jericho-Cena (I know weve seen this, but when Cena was starting out and was vanilla, im refering to the status they have now)

To a lesser extent:

Regal-Eugene (if built up properly)

Batista-Kane (have they ever fought?)

HBK-Eddy

Have we seen:

UT-Angle in a 1 on 1 match? Apart from the 3 way with The Rock.

Have any of these been on TV? I mean, not in a pumped-up angle sort of way, cause I dont think they have ever been in pumped-up angles.

Jericho v Eddie has been seen when both were in WCW, especially at a Fall Brawl Wargames when Eddie beat Jericho for the Cruiserweight title.

Snitsky v Batista

Edge v Christian

Bubba Ray v D-Von

Rey v RVD

HHH v Angle

Havent we seen all of this. I meant it as on the ME level that they are now, not the CW level of back then.

Well, since Viscera vs. Benoit already happened...

Bret/Angle

Austin/Hogan

HBK/Rock

HBK/Angle

HBK/Lesnar

Lesnar/Austin

Lesnar/HHH

Bret/Vince (like I need to explain)

Rock/Rey...oh come on, you'd all love it.

Bret Hart vs. Brock Lesnar would of made the Kevin Nash series of matches with Bret look like shit.

It would be a dream to see Bret wrestle again versus a garbage can, let alone Angle, Vince, The Rock or Lesnar. :(

If Angle/Taker is still the intention, title or not, for WM21 with Angle/HBK being something that was only hinted at with no intention of going there (though they should), I believe it would be a wise move to build to a HBK/Rock match. It gives both something to do that has never happened and probably even creates more interest than Orton vs HHH or JBL vs Cena for the belts would.

Yes, I would rather see UT-Angle Submissions NON-TITLE match and HBK-Rock.

For some reason, one dream match I have is Sting/HHH.

HHH cutting one of his long winded "I've beaten them all!" promos...lights go out, soft...dark violin music...changes to "Seek and Destroy" after a bit...lights come on and Sting is in the ring with a baseball bat pointed at HHH's throat while Flair throws a conniption fit.

Imagine Flairs expression. :lol: Its a shame that HHH hasnt been mentioned more, such as versus Lesnar.

I got the impression from the first post that this thread was more about 'big' dream matches, the sort that can headline a major show, rather than the 'two of my favorite wrestlers squaring off' type of dream match.

Yes it was.

... but its all good.

Indeed. In the spirit of things then, I'll throw a few more out that I don't think anyone's mentioned.

Lesnar/Kobashi

Lesnar/Akiyama

Lesnar/Burchill (a bit pre-emptive I know...)

Lesnar/Batista (last nights Raw cemented me as a Batista mark)

Jericho/KENTA

Benjamin/KENTA

Dutt/Mysterio

Eddie/Dutt

(Doug) Williams/Benoit

Styles/Benoit

Oh, if anyone could point me in the direction of that Lyger/Mysterio match I'd really appreciate it.

Yes it was.

... but its all good.

Indeed. In the spirit of things then, I'll throw a few more out that I don't think anyone's mentioned.

Lesnar/Kobashi

Lesnar/Akiyama

Lesnar/Burchill (a bit pre-emptive I know...)

Lesnar/Batista (last nights Raw cemented me as a Batista mark)

Jericho/KENTA

Benjamin/KENTA

Dutt/Mysterio

Eddie/Dutt

(Doug) Williams/Benoit

Styles/Benoit

Oh, if anyone could point me in the direction of that Lyger/Mysterio match I'd really appreciate it.

I would love to see Burchill in the US. :(

No Rob, fraid not.

Err, unless I'm very much mistaken, Burchill was indeed signed to a developmental deal with the WWE in November. So it could happen!

(crosses fingers)

Itcoulditcoulditcoulditreallyreallycould...

Err, unless I'm very much mistaken, Burchill was indeed signed to a developmental deal with the WWE in November. So it could happen!

(crosses fingers)

Itcoulditcoulditcoulditreallyreallycould...

Sorry, but I havent heard anything of this. Burchill is the MAN. Watching him do a moonsault once off the top rope was amazing. Hes just up Vinces street. Give him Regal as his manager. :headbang:

Guest The Shadow Behind You

it was reported awhile back but it's expected they will neuter him like they did Brock and London and well...everyone else.

it was reported awhile back but it's expected they will neuter him like they did Brock and London and well...everyone else.

I hate you Vince McMahon. :angry:

Guest GrayGray

HBK/Angle

HBK/Guerrero

Angle/Sting

Lesnar/Benoit - Iron Man Match

Benoit/Samoa Joe

AJ/Rey

Before either of them made TV in 02, Brock and Orton had a number of dark matches in the WWE.

I don't know how well the two would gel in the ring but I wouldn't mind seeing that match, assuming Brock returns in 05.

They did wrestle on TV, I believe on either Velocity or Smackdown. Not sure if Lesnar was Champ (I think he was), but the finish was really cool: Orton went for his frog cross-body, Lesnar caught him but with the momentum kept rolling backwards, got up (never letting Orton go) and F5'd him.

As for my dream matches, I like to keep it in the realm of high possibility, so no Bret Hart, Stone Cold, or Hogan. And I hate Goldberg so no way he's on my list:

HBK vs Angle or Eddie or Rock. Maybe even Rey.

RVD vs Rey

AJ vs Benoit or Angle or Eddie.

Lesnar vs Batista (I believe this happened in OVW?)

Guest theanswer1824

i really would have liked to seen goldberg/austin too. they shoulda got bill earlier. wasn't he holding out or something?

after watching a bunch of dvds this past break, this is what i would like to see. none of these are possible in the timesetting of now though:

austin/hbk (in their top form). that wm14 match was good but i think these guys would be able to tell a great story.

lesnar/hhh

eddy/hbk

benoit/hbk (WITHOUT HHH NEAR THE STORYLINES)

rock/hbk (did they do this before?)

a heel rvd vs. edge/christian or anyone that can hang. and give him a 15min match or more to get things we've never seen before.

whatever, those are my picks...