TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ronnie755

Abyss to WWE?!

Looks like WWE got swerved.

Looks like a few people on this thread have gone very quiet since the news broke about Abyss being back in TNA, proving 'Justcoz' was right all the damn time. Maybe you'd be big enough to admit you were wrong and to promise you wont believe everything Meltzer tells you in future.... :lol:

justcoz wasn't right...

Abyss DID leave TNA, and signed a new contract AFTER Justcoz said he did.

At least, according to Meltzer ;)

Guest Desperate Housewife

Well, you were wrong, and Dave Meltzer was right

And that's the main thing, in the end

I was told one day after Abyss walked out that there was nothing to worry about. He was already in talks and they were renegotiating. They thought it would be a matter of hours before he re-signed. And he re-signed and stayed with the company. So how does that make me wrong? I may have jumped the gun and posted that he re-signed prior to him actually signing but that doesn't make my source wrong. The main thing is he stayed in the company and that's pretty much what I was told he was going to do.

So Meltzer said they agreed to terms and signed a new contract on the Tuesday leading into the PPV. Would seem to me like there had been some previous talks about re-signing, right??????

I doubted the source as well when there was nothing mentioned as to Abyss staying with TNA, partly because I had been told at some point that a certain ex ECW guy/current WWE performer was going to show up at a PPV and face off with Raven which never happened. In the end... they were right on this one.

Strangely enough, I'm not. It may seem that way but it's not. Some of the people involved with TNA used to work for the WWF during the Russo era and frequented AOL at a real down time in WWF business. You can have online friends with connections, you know? I'm not pretending to be Meltzer or anything and I don't get every bit of information but sometimes, between that friend and another friend involved in TNA's website, I get some info. For whatever reason, you've been on my case since I posted. That's okay, we are all wrong sometimes.

I've posted here 18 times, name once I've been wrong.

And hey, my hairdresser's ex apprentice cut's Natasha Kaplinsky's hair, so I know EVERYTHING that goes on in the BBC, so there.

And as for being "on your case", I've simply pointed out the massive holes in your posts.

A current WWE guy was going to be in TNA??? Bullshit.

Sadly, a lot of the people in this particular forum appear to be blind to the faults the TNA group has (although they've improved dramatically since when I was living in the States), so I've very little else to do

I've posted here 18 times, name once I've been wrong.

Um... Your comments directed towards me? You basically telling me that what I was posting was bullshit when it turned out to be true after all, Abyss didn't go anywhere and stayed in TNA, then covering your ass when someone stated that you were wrong by saying I was wrong and Meltzer was right?

And hey, my hairdresser's ex apprentice cut's Natasha Kaplinsky's hair, so I know EVERYTHING that goes on in the BBC, so there.

When did I ever claim that I know "everything going on in TNA". Less than five things have ever been mentioned to me by my "sources". I'm not starting up a wrestling site called Scoops: TNA or anything claiming to possess insider information. If anything, I'm trying to remain low key about it because I was told, "don't share this with anyone" and I'm trying not to piss off anyone. There are also people's jobs involved.

And as for being "on your case", I've simply pointed out the massive holes in your posts.

A current WWE guy was going to be in TNA??? Bullshit.

And you know this how? IT'S THE TRUTH. Just think back to Raven's ECW history and you should be able to figure out who the rumored guy was. It's what was said to me by someone employed with the company. It never happened which caused me to doubt my source a little. I thought perhaps they were just messing with the smarks they chat with online to generate interest in the PPV. Something that I suggested when the Abyss re-signing thing seemed to be stagnant and you posted some smart ass comment about me changing my story, which I tried to maintain a sense of humor about by telling you a little about my background in politics. You know, flip-floppers. Name the holes in my posts beyond you just doubting me?

Sadly, a lot of the people in this particular forum appear to be blind to the faults the TNA group has (although they've improved dramatically since when I was living in the States), so I've very little else to do

The majority of the posts on this board are from people questioning things that TNA are doing. Comparing the holes in the product to the same holes in WWE's product. I agree, there are diehards blind to the product's faults. One of my "sources" happens to be one of those people, they can justify every little thing, no matter how much you argue with them. I'm not particularly a huge TNA fan and I don't even pretend to be an expert on their product, although I've been watching more with the replays on FoxSports.

In closing, you have every right to doubt me and that's fine. I'd probably be the same way towards someone who just popped up on a fan forum claiming to "know people". The thing is, in my case, I wasn't necessarily trying to flaunt it, I posted something about Abyss staying with the company and people wanted sources. My source was someone that I know, involved with TNA, that I trust. I didn't attempt to glamorize it or anything and you seem to be acting as if I did.

Ok, look, I only come here to zone out, my intention isn't to pick a fight with anyone or anything, but please understand this

partly because I had been told at some point that a certain ex ECW guy/current WWE performer was going to show up at a PPV and face off with Raven which never happened

You were told, at some point by your "source" that a "current WWE" guy was gonna show up in TNA.

Which of course didn't happen.

Do you understand, how bad that sounds. It smacks of desperation on your part, that you're looking for attention, "ha ha, I know something you don't". And that's fucking childish

I dunno whether or not you watch the West Wing or not, but there's a really god episode where a member of staff leaks a piece of news to the press, and Richard Schiff's character quietly admonishes his staff for doing so. It's great that you know all these guys who work inside the business, for companies like TNA. There gonna be the guys who you'll have a drunken conversation with at 2am, and you'll learn more about the wrestling business in one night that you ever have. Until then man, don't come here with "my source said this but it didn't happen", because that's the sorta thing that bugs me.

You were told, at some point by your "source" that a "current WWE" guy was gonna show up in TNA.

Which of course didn't happen.

Do you understand, how bad that sounds. It smacks of desperation on your part, that you're looking for attention, "ha ha, I know something you don't". And that's fucking childish

I dunno whether or not you watch the West Wing or not, but there's a really god episode where a member of staff leaks a piece of news to the press, and Richard Schiff's character quietly admonishes his staff for doing so. It's great that you know all these guys who work inside the business, for companies like TNA. There gonna be the guys who you'll have a drunken conversation with at 2am, and you'll learn more about the wrestling business in one night that you ever have. Until then man, don't come here with "my source said this but it didn't happen", because that's the sorta thing that bugs me.

Understand that I was also painted into a corner where I had to justify that I wasn't "changing my tune", as you stated (and yes, you did pick a fight with me by calling me out as you did and saying that what I posted was bullshit) when I stated that my source had provided me with information previously that didn't come through. It wasn't bullshit and it wasn't me looking for attention. Perhaps I should've refrained by taking it any further but when you feel like you have to defend your position, you do tend to take things further. You may misinterpret it and I completely understand where you're coming from. My point in sharing that tidbit was to explain that I was told of something that never happened, not a "haha, I know something you don't" type thing.

Fact is, I was told that Tommy Dreamer was going to show up at the December PPV and it didn't happen. Like I said, it could've just been a case of those inside TNA messing with the Internet fan base they chat with, to stir up discussion and create interest in the PPV. Maybe I'm the BUTT of their joke by falling for it? My only purpose in bringing it up was in relation to the Abyss situation and how we were messaged the following day and told that it was all good and he was re-signing. When there was no confirmation that this did indeed happen, I doubted my source. I've had those drunken 2am conversations (typically online) where I've learned more and more about the business than before. You really don't know me or who I know. So it's really not you're position to tell me what I can and what I can't discuss. It wouldn't have gone as far as it did had you not jumped on my shit. You can say it's me looking for attention but let me direct you to a mirror.

sorry man :-)

it probably is annoying to any one besides the two of us... this thread has basically turned into a debate between me and Desperate Housewife.

Yeah, this folder has absolutely NO need for a mod at all.

I'm just narked - if TNA managed to fuck up a Raven - CM Punk feud, I dread to think what they'd do with Dreamer.

And does Punk still work for TNA or what?