TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ronnie755

Abyss to WWE?!

Raven, Abyss and the Nest could have been hell of a heel group in '03. Just let Raven do the speaking for Abyss on how he found him in Puerto Rico and was going to destroy Jeff Jarrett with him.

His pshysique won't be a problem. He'll be looking like Matt Morgan in no time.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

The WWE would prolly give him the "thanks for leaving the competition" push.

And before anyone rings in with the "their not competition" shit,I already know this but their all that's out there that has a chance or seems to want to compete.

Especially since ROH seems content with just being smart mark jack-off fodder for their entire existence.

Abyss will go nowhere if he can't do a promo........doing the intense flex pose with the chains can only get him to Heat or Velocity. If Abyss does get signed by WWE I give him 5 months before he goes bald for no reason.

Give him a good mouthpiece and hed be fine.

As mentioned yesterday, it appears that Abyss is done with TNA. At the iMPACT! taping, Abyss approached several members of TNA management including Jeff Jarrett, informing them that his deal had expired and that he was seeking a raise in order to stay. He also noted that he had received interest from WWE. Jarrett was said to have gotten intensely upset over Abyss' decision especially since Abyss approached management fifteen minutes before they were scheduled to begin taping iMPACT! Dusty Rhodes reportedly played peacemaker and sent Abyss home, citing that it wasn't the place to deal with the issue. TNA is not happy with being caught with their pants down over the situation. There is reportedly heat on Bob Ryder for the situation since he is responsible for dealing with contracts.

Credit- PWInsider.com

I'm interested in hearing a little more about justcoz's source....

As mentioned yesterday, it appears that Abyss is done with TNA. At the iMPACT! taping, Abyss approached several members of TNA management including Jeff Jarrett, informing them that his deal had expired and that he was seeking a raise in order to stay. He also noted that he had received interest from WWE. Jarrett was said to have gotten intensely upset over Abyss' decision especially since Abyss approached management fifteen minutes before they were scheduled to begin taping iMPACT! Dusty Rhodes reportedly played peacemaker and sent Abyss home, citing that it wasn't the place to deal with the issue. TNA is not happy with being caught with their pants down over the situation. There is reportedly heat on Bob Ryder for the situation since he is responsible for dealing with contracts.

Credit- PWInsider.com

I'm interested in hearing a little more about justcoz's source....

I think his source is actually TNA's publicity minister:

BaghdadB.jpg

There is no need for concern. Abyss is still very much under TNA contract. Truly he shall remain a part of the TNA roster for many years to come. WWE is suffering a great defeat at the hands of TNA, already 500,000 buyrates recorded for Turning Point, truly the greatest PPV in the history of wrestling, Jarrett praise be. There is no truth to the lies spread by the infidel propogandists of Meltzer and Scherer of the departures of Johnny Swinger or others, still loyal members to the TNA revolution army. In fact, notable WWE wrestlers such as Kurt Angle and Triple H have committed suicide at the gates of Universal Studios in a cowardly display of fear. If others do not follow, they will be butchered at the hands of the TNA army and slaughtered by its endless arsenal of cookies and balloons. And merciful Jarrett be willing, TNA shall truly crush their spirit and their ratings in 2005 as TNA attains a great victory over WWE.

Well shit. If the E is smart they'll come up with a catchy name, something simmilar to Abyss, and package him in a simmilar look. He has to come in with a mask IMO.

03.jpg

You're DAMN STRAIGHT he has to come in with a mask.

Full story from Wade Keller's insider report (bolded mine):

Abyss really upset TNA management on Tuesday. He showed up, pointed out that his contract expired last fall without them noticing, and he felt it was time for a raise. Sources say he told them that WWE had an offer on the table for him, and to keep him from taking that offer, they'd have to double his pay, said to be $500 per show. He wanted $1,000. That's a reasonable request, to be sure. TNA's policy is pay what they have to in order to keep talent, and since Abyss has no previous national exposure and no star-power outside of what TNA has done to promote his character, they didn't feel pressure to pay him as much as other main eventers in TNA who have more name recognition. TNA management, trying to keep the budget low since the promotion continues to lose money, spent a couple hours discussing the situation, but eventually they gave in and offered Abyss the raise he wanted. They gave him exactly what he asked for. However, rather than accepting the offer, sources say Abyss said he had to talk to WWE first and think about it. Within seconds, TNA management, so offended that he didn't accept what they felt was a generous offer, immediately pulled the offer from the table and sent him home. Abyss was willing to work the taping as scheduled, but TNA management didn't want to give Abyss any more leverage in negotiations since his slated match against Jeff Hardy hadn't been promoted yet. Abyss, who had a chance to earn $50,000 with TNA this year, may find himself out of a job, or working for half that money in WWE's developmental system, assuming there really is an offer waiting for him.

Sounds like TNA has the right to be pissed. He got the raised he wanted and was still stubborn about it. Hopefully he lands in WWE or else he screwed himself here...

Sounds like TNA has the right to be pissed. He got the raised he wanted and was still stubborn about it. Hopefully he lands in WWE or else he screwed himself here...

To be honest, he screwed himself either way.

Well, TNA really really should've noticed that his contract was up sometime in the fall.

But yea, Abyss screwed himself. I mean, after arguing for hours about a pay raise, then actually getting it, didn't he know TNA was gonna be offended if he was gonna not take the raise right there?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

please; he was going to be out of a job in 4 months anyways. He just got it over with quicker.

If anything he used this to learn how to neogotiate in the future.

I think his source is actually TNA's publicity minister:

There is no need for concern. Abyss is still very much under TNA contract. Truly he shall remain a part of the TNA roster for many years to come. WWE is suffering a great defeat at the hands of TNA, already 500,000 buyrates recorded for Turning Point, truly the greatest PPV in the history of wrestling, Jarrett praise be. There is no truth to the lies spread by the infidel propogandists of Meltzer and Scherer of the departures of Johnny Swinger or others, still loyal members to the TNA revolution army. In fact, notable WWE wrestlers such as Kurt Angle and Triple H have committed suicide at the gates of Universal Studios in a cowardly display of fear. If others do not follow, they will be butchered at the hands of the TNA army and slaughtered by its endless arsenal of cookies and balloons. And merciful Jarrett be willing, TNA shall truly crush their spirit and their ratings in 2005 as TNA attains a great victory over WWE.

That's pretty much it. This inside source apparently likes to hang out on the net and IM people denying Internet and Meltzer rumors and feeding these folks with rumors about who is coming in, etc. They have been credible in the past but this is two in a row where they've been wrong.

Guest LooneyTune

500,000 buys? Yeah right, maybe 5,000.

Oh wait, it's a joke. Fuck me...

Guest Desperate Housewife

Is anyone insane enough to check the TNA official boards. Because God Knows they'll probably believe that as fact, if they're not catatonic from Abyss actually leaving

Also, "justcoz" I love how you suddenly change your tune once you're painted into a corner - keep it up

Also, "justcoz" I love how you suddenly change your tune once you're painted into a corner - keep it up

I credit that to my ten years in politics/government. :)

Ok, I believed the source and they made an ass out me. Happy?

You know they'll make him Eugene's special friend with THAT face, and he will go everywhere with balloons. EVERYWHERE.

I would actually be entertained by that. Though I would hate having to explain the humor in it to everyone else I know.

500,000 buys? Yeah right, maybe 5,000.

Oh wait, it's a joke. Fuck me...

Victory Road did about 35,000 and Turning Point about 25,000 by most reports, so the truth is somewhere in the middle! ;)

Bumping this.

Apparently, TNA played the online audience...as Abyss came out during Final Resolution and attacked Jeff Hardy post match.

So, either he's still in TNA, or he just did one attack before leaving.

Guest Ronnie755

I don't think he ever really had a WWE offer. When this story first broke the Torch reported from their WWE sources that he didn't have an offer on the table, wasn't on top of the list of people they want to hire and some people in power didn't even know who he was. Plus, there was all this talk about him not having the type of physique that they like.

I wonder if they since made up and he signed a new deal (realizing WWE wasn't really interested and TNA realizing Abyss is valuable to them) or if they really agreed on a new deal from the start and swerved us. I wonder what the point of that would be though? Maybe when they realized Garza was not going to be on the show and Hardy was pegged as the subsitute, they figured this was a way to get Abyss off the card and create a "shocking" attack? Who knows, but his appearence was a nice suprise.

Meltzer:

--Some notes coming out of the show last night. Abyss and TNA agreed to a new deal on Tuesday. Virtually nobody knew he was there or would be appearing. In fact, there were several complaints expressed to us by wrestlers that the company lost a lot of credibility with the wrestlers because of things said at a meeting before the show, particularly those who remember working in the WCW environment.

Guest jo90
Looks like WWE got swerved.

Looks like a few people on this thread have gone very quiet since the news broke about Abyss being back in TNA, proving 'Justcoz' was right all the damn time. Maybe you'd be big enough to admit you were wrong and to promise you wont believe everything Meltzer tells you in future.... :lol: