TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyn081

Corino and Flair.

1) Whats Corinos beef with the WWE about?

2) Isnt Flair a 20-time World Champion (10 NWAs, 8 WCWs and 2 WWEs)?

http://www.wrestling-titles.com/nwa/world/nwa-h.html

http://www.wrestling-titles.com/wwf/sd/

http://www.wrestling-titles.com/wcw/

http://bodyslamming.com/wwe/flair.html

Thanks in advance guys.

One of Flair's NWA title reigns is also his first WCW reign, so that only counts once. Then there was the Singapore/New Zealand debacle with Harley Race where changes weren't recognized. Maybe someone can expain it, I don't want to try because I'm not sure. There had to be one or two other disputed ones I'm not seeing too.

He's probably a 26 time champion or so but WCW/WWE/NWA don't recognize some reigns for various reasons (Only changed that night to avoid riots, or to send the crowd home happy with having the home town wrestler winning the belt).

Guest theanswer1824

corino has beef with JR while he was training in the funkin dojo. i beleive he was in the smae class as angle and test.

Does Corino also have issues with Heyman as well? And if I remember right, JR basically called Corino a no-talent or something along those lines right to his face.

I don't think there is a bridge into the WWE that Corino would even consider crossing.

I'm just curious as to why this thread popped up...did Corino just do an interview or something bashing the WWE and Flair? Again just curious as I love backstage dirt.

Guest LooneyTune

Probably because of the ECW PPV this year, and Corino worked for ECW. That's all I can think of.

Thinking back, Corino worked a good number of dates for the WWF in 97. Maybe even back further under a different name. Interesting that they picked up Test and not him.

If I remember right, when ECW died, Corino was in talks to come to WWE but WWE wasn't so sure since Corino's forehead is so marked up by doing so many blade jobs, then talks sorta stopped after the rumors started.

Guest juggalogary

well according to corino he has heat with jim ross...

ross told him he couldnt cut it in the business cause he couldnt cut a promo...

to my knowledge corino can cut 1 hell of a promo..

Guest netslob
Thinking back, Corino worked a good number of dates for the WWF in 97. Maybe even back further under a different name. Interesting that they picked up Test and not him.

not really. Test is BIG, which = GOOD. Corino is SMALL, which = BAD. talent is obsolete.

Guest LooneyTune

I don't see anything special about Corino when it comes to an actual match. His promos are good, but his size doesn't help him either. Plus the blonde hair is screaming "Get a haircut because it looks too much Triple H's", even though it doesn't.

Guest theanswer1824

i remember that corino did some audience plants as a fan back when he was with wwe, prolly the same time he was training.

another major shocking memory that i remmebered was JR wanted to bring in corino as the fake 1-2-3 kid when Sean left for WCW. maybe that's also part of the beef.

i remember cause i managed the RF video carts they had in malls. all i would do was watch shoot interviews. his particular shoot is good.

I'm just curious as to why this thread popped up...did Corino just do an interview or something bashing the WWE and Flair? Again just curious as I love backstage dirt.

I came across the Corino bit in the ECW threads and got curious.

Thats 2 of the 20 explained, bringing it down to 18 World Titles to Flair, what happened to the other 2?

Thanks alot guys.

Guest wrestling365

Basically 6/7 years ago Steve Corino was a fucking prick who was limited in the ring and limited on the mic. He didn't didn't have the right look the WWE was looking for and had a love for white powder. Harsh but true!! And that's why he will never work for the WWE...

He may have changed since them, but who knows...

Guest sek69

I believe there was a NWA title switch with Carlos Colon that isn't counted because it only happened because Flair was afraid he'd get murdered by the fans if Carlos didn't go over.

I believe there was a NWA title switch with Carlos Colon that isn't counted because it only happened because Flair was afraid he'd get murdered by the fans if Carlos didn't go over.

Right, we have the NWA-WCW one, Flair-Race non-switch and Flair-Colon non-switch.

One more guys.

Guest Mr. Wrestling

Flair also dropped the belt to Victor Jovica and gained it back.

It's in his book.

Guest LooneyTune

I'm forgetting which country that was in. Either somewhere in Latin America (very vague indeed) or Brazil.

I see, so Latin America non-switch, the Pacific incident and Porto Rico possible right. And the 1st NWA-WCW title run. Thats it, 16. Thanks alot guys. :headbang: