TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Michaels/Angle staredown in Japan

Please; no heel turn for Eddy.

RVD and Mysterio Vs Eddy and Booker T

2/3 Falls Match.

It's SO FUCKING EASY!

WWE should make it a TLC match and the only one that's been due for a heel turn more than anybody else is RVD, Eddie is still pretty over as a babyface, Book has had so many turns is not even funny anymore and Rey is just like Steamboat as a face for life (Let's forget his forgettable heel turn in WCW as a member of the Filthy Animals).

Move Rock to SD and job him to Eddie. Eddie FINALLY gets "the rub", you get an awesome match, and it gives Eddie something to do. Be better than Shawn/Angle and serve more purpose. It's not like they care about the roster split, so Rock going to SD won't matter. Also, I think Eddie might be the only guy in the company that the fans WON'T turn on against Rocky. Cena would get killed on the mic, Orton would just get killed, and everyone else isn't even being considered. Eddie could hold his own and be made into a star.

Since its WrestleMania, Rock doesn't have to be moved to Smackdown. They can just have a inter-promotional match but to do Rock vs Eddy you need some sort of month or so booking. The WWE can't just throw it together in two weeks and hope it would draw fans because it wouldn't. So that would require the Rock to be on the road with WWE from the Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania to get the proper set up. I can't see the Rock doing that, infact he hasn't since Goldberg came onto the scene almost two years ago. Plus Rock vs Eddy might be good and I'm sure the two would have a good time with it, but it wouldn't top Angle vs HBK whatsoever. Unless Angle vs HBK tanked but hopefully the WWE wouldn't screw it up that badly.

You argue that it wouldn't work because Rocky wouldn't have time to promote it? Won't that be the case with ANY Rock match? Against Cena, Orton, Shawn, Eddie, it doesn't matter. You run in to the same problems. HOWEVER, having him face Eddie will do more good than any of the others, mainly because Eddie needs the rub more than them. They're gonna try to make Cena and Orton in to superstars even if they kill the company in the process, so they don't need it. Eddie beating Rock will establish him at the top of the card once and for all.

Oh, and yes, Eddie vs Rock would SMOKE Angle vs Shawn. Eddie is SO much better than Kurt and Shawn that it isn't even funny. And I LIKE Kurt and I like Shawn. Rock's better than both as well. And it would have more heat. Eddie vs Rock >>> Angle vs Shawn

Guest The Shadow Behind You
Please; no heel turn for Eddy.

RVD and Mysterio Vs Eddy and Booker T

2/3 Falls Match.

It's SO FUCKING EASY!

WWE should make it a TLC match and the only one that's been due for a heel turn more than anybody else is RVD, Eddie is still pretty over as a babyface, Book has had so many turns is not even funny anymore and Rey is just like Steamboat as a face for life (Let's forget his forgettable heel turn in WCW as a member of the Filthy Animals).

TLC is unneccesary. The idea behind this is that it's a Wrestling deal where they keep one upping each other.

I'd rather have the 4 Way IC Title Ladder match.

Oh, and yes, Eddie vs Rock would SMOKE Angle vs Shawn. Eddie is SO much better than Kurt and Shawn that it isn't even funny. And I LIKE Kurt and I like Shawn. Rock's better than both as well. And it would have more heat. Eddie vs Rock >>> Angle vs Shawn

In what possible way in what possible universe could Rock be considered a better wrestler than both Michaels and Angle?

...other than the fact that he, y'know, drew more money than both of them put together.

Well Jingus, there is the fact that Rock can work a coherent match with actual selling involved. Rock's best matches (WMX7 vs Austin, lots of the Rock vs HHH series) are also worlds better than anything HBK or Angle has done.

I'd say that Angle's match with Austin at Summerslam01 was better than any Rock match ever. And all of Shawn's ladder matches were far superior than the crapfest that Rock and Hunter put on at SS98. Angle and Shawn are both lackluster sellers, yeah, but they're both much sharper on the execution of their moves than Rock is, have much more of an offensive arsenal (that're more flexible than Rock's, they can work different styles of matches better), not to mention they both take bumps a HELL of a lot better than Rocky.

But like I said before, it's all a moot point anyway since the marks would rather pay to see The Rock than either Kurt or Shawn.

Eddie is SO much better than Kurt and Shawn that it isn't even funny.

Completely wrong. Eddie might be better than Angle, but Shawn? Could Eddie carry Nash and Sid to **** matches? I doubt it. Has Eddie done anything as memorable as the first Hell in the Cell? Shawn's not the best seller, but he can add more drama and get the crowd more into a match than Eddie could on his best day.

As far as Angle goes, his match with Benoit at Royal Rumble 03 and his SummerSlam 01 match with Austin are better than anything Eddie has done in the WWE, but that's all opinion anyways.

And as far as Rock goes, he's obviously a better seller than both Angle and Shawn, since we've NEVER seen him do a nip-up late in a match after getting beat down before, have we?

I'm sorry, but Eddie is in another league to Shawn.

Shawn vs Nash and Shawn vs Sid really weren't ****+ matches. They were better than they should have been sonsidering who's involved, but ****? No. Both matches played to Shawn's strengths - bumping around for someone bigger than him. ANY cruiserweight can do that, and get as good a match as Shawn did out of those two. Would it have the same heat? No, because you're talking about guys not as established as Shawn. Still, you could put someone, anyone, less than 220lbs in Shawn's position and get the same match.To answer your first question, no Eddie could not carry Sid or Nash to **** matches. But neither could Shawn. Eddie COULD, however, carry both guys as well as Shawn did, if not better.

Eddie's WWE work doesn't compare to his work elsewhere, which I'm sure you're aware of. HOWEVER, Eddie vs Brock was, IMO, better than BOTH Angle vs Austin and Angle vs Benoit (which I consider to be the two best matches of Kurt's career).

You talk about Rock's nip-up as if *I* was the one saying he was a better seller than Shawn or Kurt. Regardless, all three guys are guilty of no selling in the past, so it's best to ignore that in regards to all three.

Besides, Eddie is better on the mic than either Angle or Michaels so there you go.

Completely wrong. Eddie might be better than Angle, but Shawn? Could Eddie carry Nash and Sid to **** matches? I doubt it.

Well, I know HBK hasn't, so it's kind of a moot point.

Has Eddie done anything as memorable as the first Hell in the Cell? Shawn's not the best seller, but he can add more drama and get the crowd more into a match than Eddie could on his best day.

I'd say Eddie and Art Barr's run as Los Gringos Locos completely trumps anything HBK has done for being memorable. Eddy vs Lesnar from No Way Out 2004 also has an incredible crowd reaction, far moreso than the HIAC match you mentioned.

As far as Angle goes, his match with Benoit at Royal Rumble 03 and his SummerSlam 01 match with Austin are better than anything Eddie has done in the WWE, but that's all opinion anyways.

Eddy vs Lesnar, NWO 04, again is far better than both of those. I'm sure many of Eddy's great TV matches are also just as good/better than those, and I can find some examples if you really want them.

And as far as Rock goes, he's obviously a better seller than both Angle and Shawn, since we've NEVER seen him do a nip-up late in a match after getting beat down before, have we?

Not when the ENTIRE STORY OF THE MATCH is that his back has been destroyed. It's not the kip up people have problems with - it's when it runs against the work they are doing that the problems arise.

Guest Failed Mascot
WWE seriously can't charge 49.99 again. WMXX had the whole "20" thing going for it.

WMXXI should be 44.99.

For that price I better get that crazy red headed Diva to blow me while I'm watching it. I miss the days of $15 In Your House PPVs.

WWE seriously can't charge 49.99 again. WMXX had the whole "20" thing going for it.

WMXXI should be 44.99.

For that price I better get that crazy red headed Diva to blow me while I'm watching it. I miss the days of $15 In Your House PPVs.

Well, the reason they could afford cheaper PPVs back then was because, at least for the In Your House PPVs, they always kept the same set.

And I think they just changed the logos on the other PPVs afterwards for the sets.

Now...well, you've seen how elaborate the sets get nowadays.

I don't really think you can call Rock v. Triple H a crapfest when Rock is able to get all of MSG to get behind him despite being a hated heel. That's the sign of a good worker and a good match.

Has Eddie done anything as memorable as the first Hell in the Cell? Shawn's not the best seller, but he can add more drama and get the crowd more into a match than Eddie could on his best day.

I'd say Eddie and Art Barr's run as Los Gringos Locos completely trumps anything HBK has done for being memorable. Eddy vs Lesnar from No Way Out 2004 also has an incredible crowd reaction, far moreso than the HIAC match you mentioned.

Well, we're in the WWE folder, and I italicized "in the WWE" for a reason. Nothing in Eddie's WWE run is as memorable as Hell in the Cell or even Iron Man match at WrestleMania 12.

Completely wrong. Eddie might be better than Angle, but Shawn? Could Eddie carry Nash and Sid to **** matches? I doubt it.

Well, I know HBK hasn't, so it's kind of a moot point.

I'd peg the Good Friends, Better Enemies match at about ****, but that's obviously opinion. It's been while since I've seen a Shawn/Sid match.

Eddy vs Lesnar, NWO 04, again is far better than both of those. I'm sure many of Eddy's great TV matches are also just as good/better than those, and I can find some examples if you really want them.

Agree to disagree I guess. I didn't find the NWO match anything special. A good *** affair, but not a (WWE) MOTY candidate like Angle/Austin, Angle/Benoit, the first Hell in the Cell, the iron man match, and HBK/Foley from Mind Games were.

Not when the ENTIRE STORY OF THE MATCH is that his back has been destroyed. It's not the kip up people have problems with - it's when it runs against the work they are doing that the problems arise.

It doesn't matter. If you're getting destroyed by a guy the size of Brock Lesnar for a good ten minutes, it's still ok to nip-up because he wasn't "working the back"?

EDIT: I will admit that Eddie/Rey Halloween Havoc '97 is better than anything Angle has done, and is better pure wrestling than anything Shawn has done. That was seven years ago, however, and his WWE run has been lacking.

Oh God, please. Another discussion about the infamous Shawn Michaels nip-up that every smark loves to hate but everyone in the audience loves. Shawn The Non-Seller. When he does it the smarks complain, when some smark favorite does it, the smarks turn a blind eye.

And of course, the discussion about wether Shawn did or did not carry Sid and Nash to ****+ matches never goes out of fashion on this board. The HBK haters say "nay" and the HBK supportes say "yay" as always.

UP NEXT! A brand-new spanking thread about wether Shawn Michaels was the lowest drawing Champion in recent memory! That sure doesn't get old either.

I sorta turned this thread into something thats a competely different topic, sorry about that. But I was actually trying to argue about the Rock, not Eddy. Wrestling wise, Eddy vs Rock couldn't top Angle vs HBK. Entertainment wise it could cause basically that's what we would get, sorta like the ending we got on Smackdown with the Eddy vs Mysterio match. Angle vs HBK would be about whose the better wrestler not the better entertainer. Don't get me wrong, Eddy can go but the Rock can't touch Angle or HBK in wrestling.

The 19.99 IYH shows were due to the event being only two hours long, while featuring 4-5 matches.

I was going to use this as my sig but because it's too big and I don't have a server to upload a resized image of it...here ya go:

20050107-00000012-spnavi-spo-view-000.jpg

I am sure that they are discussing which show is better.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The 19.99 IYH shows were due to the event being only two hours long, while featuring 4-5 matches.

They were worth the 19.99; I thought for the most part. Usually each show would give us a **** match or above from the Inital IYH's

IYH #1(May 95)

Bret Hart Vs Hakushi=****1/4

IYH#2(July 95)

HBK Vs Jeff Jarrett=****1/4

IYH#3(October 95)

Bret Hart Vs Jean Pierre Lafite=****

IYH#4

Not a great match but an interesting at the time Triple Title Match with Dudes Vs Yoko/DBS

IYH#5(December 95)

Bret Hart Vs British Bulldog=****3/4(Better then the overrated '92 match)

IYH#6(Febuary 96)

HBK Vs Owen=****1/4

IYH#7(April 96 aka GFBE)

HBK Vs Diesel=****1/2

So despite the lower cost; you got a ****+ match for all of them and despite being two hours...still crammed 7-8 matches into the card which is how many the 3 HOUR ppvs give us today; only the GFBE had less then 7 matches. Thats pretty impressive. $19.99 7-8 matches and always had a great match to it.

Guest Teckneek
Mania has potential right now but it's wwe so it wont happen...

Although Cena/JBL is seemingly going to happen, i'd just delay it for this

WWE Title Match

JBL Vs The Big Show

World Title Match

Chris Benoit Vs Edge

Street Fight

Triple H Vs Batistia

Randy Orton Vs The Rock

Kurt Angle Vs Shawn Michaels

Undertaker and Kane Vs Heidenreich and Snitsky

Fatal Four Way Ladder Match

I.C Title

Jericho Vs Benjamin Vs Hardy Vs Christian

U.S Title Match

John Cena Vs C.C.C

WWE Tag Title Match

2/3 Falls

Eddy Guerrero and Booker T Vs Rey Mysterio and RVD

World Tag Title Match

William Regal and Eugene Vs Tajiri and Rhyno

Cruiserweight Elimination Challenge

London Vs Kidman Vs Akio Vs Nunzio Vs Moore Vs Funaki

Woman's Title

Cage Match

Trish Vs Lita

24 Man Battle Royal

Interpromotional

If i booked WM21 this is how it'd look:

Main Event:

Cena VS JBL for the WWE Championship

Winner: Cena and new WWE Champion

HHH VS Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship

Winner: Orton and new World Heavyweight Champion

Undertaker and Kane VS Heidenrich and Snitsky--Burried Alive match

Winners: Heidenrich and Snitsky but with some supernatural event happening at the end setting up a rematch.

HBK VS Angle

Winner: Angle

Tori Wilson VS Trish in Women's title interpromotional match

Winner: Tori Wilson and new Women's Champion

Eddie Gurrero VS Booker T number 1 contender for the WWE Championship

Winner: Eddie Gurerro and new number 1 contender for WWE Championship on the next Smackdown!

Mahamed Assan VS The Rock

Winner: The Rock

Big Show VS CCC for the United States Championship

Winner: Big Show and new United States Champion

Edge and Christian VS Jericho and Benoit for the World Tag Team Championship

Winners: Edge and Christian and new World Tag Team Champions

London VS Kidman for the Cruiserweight Championship

Winner: London and new Cruserweight Champion

Intercontinental Championship Battle Royal

Winner: Batista and new Intercontinental Champion

Dudleys VS RVD and Mysterio for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Winnders: Dudleys and new WWE Tag Champions

I think Batista and Big Show are too popular to be going after their respective brand's secondary titles.

God help Angle if they don't book him against Shawn though. Who else could he fight? He would either play job boy to Undertaker, fight Eddie in match number 423654 or fight someone else for no reason in a match that nobody would want to see. PLEASE give us the Shawn match.

And any combination of JBL/Show/Cena fighting for the WWE Title at the biggest show of the year would be brutal.

CCC might not be ready for Wrestlemania....

Here is my card...

WWE Title

JBL Vs. John Cena

World Title

HHH Vs. Batista

The Rock Vs. Randy Orton(Orton turns heel)

Big Show Vs. Brock Lesnar(Lesnar as heel)

Kurt Angle Vs. Shawn Michaels

Mick Foley Vs. Ric Flair

Undertaker & Kane Vs. Snitsky & Hienerich

RAW Tag Titles

Benoit & Jericho(champions) Vs. Edge & Christian

SD! Tag Titles

RVD & Rey Vs. Booker & Eddy

I.C. Title

Shelton Benjamin Vs. Muhammad Hassan

U.S. Title

Charlie Haas(champion) Vs. Chavo Guerrero

Cruiserweight Title

Paul London(champion) Vs. Kidman

Womans Title

Trish Vs. whomever(since Lita is injured)

Back on the Eddie/Rock idea, I think it's terrible. The two have terrible chemistry together, and Rock's mic skills always make Eddie look like shit. No matter how they tried to play it, Eddie would end up as the heel, and it would just be kind of boring.

Angle definitely needs to face HBK, so I'd keep Rock busy with someone like JBL, having JBL job the title before Mania, and then letting Rock beat him again, since we all now he's headed back to the midcard as soon as he finally loses the belt anyway.

Oh, and if Brock Lesnar does come back, he definitely needs to win the Royal Rumble and main event on the Smackdown side. I always thought that a surprise entrant winning the Royal Rumble would be absolutely awesome.

Back on the Eddie/Rock idea, I think it's terrible. The two have terrible chemistry together, and Rock's mic skills always make Eddie look like shit.

Are you insane or just stupid? WHEN on EARTH have Rock and Eddie had the chance to work with each other? I recall a really fun TV match in 2002 but THAT IS IT. Any other matches they may have happened would have been 3 minute TV specials. Please don't show such stupidity again.

Oh, and BTW, the Rock/Eddie segment to set up the match was great. Eddie was playing a different character to the one he's playing now, which is why he was made fun of. Eddie would hold his own if he cut similar promos to the ones he cut on Brock last year.

I really do believe that Eddie is one of the few guys who could be cheered over Rock. We wouldn't know until it happened, of course, but I believe that would be the case. Have Rock as a face, and the crowd will favour Eddie. Hell Rock may be cheered over Eddie, though.

What purpose would Rock vs JBL serve? What would Rock going over JBL do for anyone?

Rock/Eddie could work with the right storyline. I would play it with Eddie as a heel, but that wouldn't last once Rock leaves. Boy the wwe has really screwed up here imo. I can't see anything remotely matching vintage Mania levels for the main event scene. Bradshaw really shouldn't lose the belt at this moment with his push(yuck), but he shouldn't be champion either. It's a crapshoot with him as I think Cena against JBL now will only hurt Cena in the Project Orton kind of way. They can pull it off, but not with their track record and Cena just being "there". Orton/HHH is DOA and because of that I think some fans may reject Batista if they don't be careful as raw this week the writers have started to change things with hitting us over the head with the tension. That was not there before. Now they are telling fans to choose Batista and that was Orton's downfall instead of letting it come naturally. I like Batista and all, but honestly how many people out in the masses won't think Triple H will eventually bitch him? This is their damn fault and what to do after Batista gets revenge on Trips if he does at all?

Both title scenes look screwed and that is why I stated Edge/HBK for the title which could still happen. I liked the idea of HBK jumping ship to face off against Angle for the wwe title, but that just aint going to happen. HBK/Angle should definitely happen along with turning Orton heel against The Rock. Again, the natural thing to do with Orton is turn him on the fans who are rejecting him because he seems like a Rock clone. They got to stop all this manufactured crap people can see through. The world title scene is still okay, but smackdown's I don't got a damn clue how they can give something worthwhile where people will REALLY care afterwards. How is the wwe going to have both heel champions lose at Mania anyways? (sorry I forgot which company this was). I don't know I think having these two heel champions heading into Mania will suck them dry amongst the masses because they always seem to come out on top anyways.