TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

New TNA TV deal signed

From www.thewrestlingchannel.tv

The Wrestling Channel are proud to announce that we have just signed a new contract with NWA:TNA, and we will be bringing new episodes of Xplosion, Impact and the monthly PPV's to TWC viewers in the next couple of weeks.

The deal is done, the tapes are being dubbed, and we expect to start editing the shows when they arrive next week. Watch this space for confirmation of the airdate for the debut Impact episode.

We will be kicking off this new deal with the PPV TNA Turning Point, from Dec 5th 2004.

We intend to air Xplosion on a Monday night, Impact on a Saturday night, and the monthly PPV's in the Supercard Sunday slot.

I think it may just be to do with the television works over here. I remember SKy got censured by OFCOM (UKs version of the FCC) bcause in an episode of RAW SKY had not cut out multiple references to a book the WWE was promoting at the time. In England there are a lot more rules on what you can endorse on television and the level of advertisments within the programme itself. So they are probably just editing it to make sure it all fits in.

Dubbed? Don't you people speak English over there?

Very argueable, at least in some areas.

At least TNA finally realised this was the only chance of exposure in Britain. Here' hoping they don't cause the channel any more problems.

Dubbed?  Don't you people speak English over there?

it's probably due to converting from NTSC to PAL.

If I didn't do so much converting and encoding, I would have no idea what that meant, but since I do, that's one of the funniest things that I have heard in a while. AWESOME joke. :lol:

Guest Phenom
That and they'll probably give Dusty Rhodes a Hugh Grant-eque accent

"Err...um...excuse me....Mr. Jarrett....but I do believe...sorry, but....you're fighting at....oh dear....Final Resolution."

Guest Heppyhack

It's probably to remove all the references to FSN on the show - given its airing on the Wrestling Channel, they're probably overdubbing it to say TWC instead. They used to do local inserts for TWC here to replace the old don't steal PPV warning, and I'd imagine its along the same lines. Presumably they'll put a new graphic over the Fox Box as well.