TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

Doug Christie traded for Mobley and Bradley

I can see that side of it. Francis has been told by Orlando that he's the franchise player, they assured him that when the deal went down, they kissed up to him and told him he was their man, convincing Francis to come to Orlando when the deal was originally in question. They're obviously aware that Francis and Mobley are close, and then traded him out of the blue, without warning Francis that they were going to do this, which is in stark contrast I'm sure to the way they told him things would be. I'd expect a smart GM to talk to Francis, convince him it's in the best interest of the team, at least explain to him why this is happening, before it happens, and probably recruit Francis to get Mobley re-signed to a reasonable deal as apparently the only reason they moved him was because he's in the last year of his deal and they thought he'd be too expensive to keep. Or maybe they wanted to get in on Christie's reality show? Orlando's got a rookie GM though, he'll learn.

If you don't think that's the way any star player in any sport expects to be treated you've got another thing coming, and Francis is a big time player, whether you like him personally or not. He brought a weak Houston team close to the playoffs in the tough Western conference before Yao came in, and as much as I like Yao, he's still a work in progress, he's kind of soft unless he's playing Shaq and the game is all hyped up, and hardly the second coming of Kareem.

Jordan retired because the Bulls wouldn't bring back Pippen. Noone is calling him a whiner about it.

I mean a "knock" on these guys was that they would depend on each other too much on the court at times(how that is a bad thing, beats me) have played every single game together and if you have ever seen a uneditied Steve Francis interview, he spends more time talking about how great a player Cuttino is than he does himself. of course he is going to be upset that his teammate got traded. This is like family.

And at the same time, I am sure if something that would piss you off hit you unexpectedly and a camera and microphone was in your face a second later, you would say some unwise things too.

Jordan retired because the Bulls wouldn't bring back Pippen. Noone is calling him a whiner about it.

I mean a "knock" on these guys was that they would depend on each other too much on the court at times(how that is a bad thing, beats me) have played every single game together and if you have ever seen a uneditied Steve Francis interview, he spends more time talking about how great a player Cuttino is than he does himself. of course he is going to be upset that his teammate got traded. This is like family.

And at the same time, I am sure if something that would piss you off hit you unexpectedly and a camera and microphone was in your face a second later, you would say some unwise things too.

Basically.

Guest Flyboy
"Him not being here is going to be tough for me. I don't know what I'm going to wake up for."

I'm sorry, but seriously -- what the fuck?

I have no clue. I could probably find out easily though. All I know is he went to Doherty High School here in Worcester and killed on the boards and low post scoring...which shows how much basketball players from Worcester suck.

Actually he went to Burncoat High. Also, he was 6'10" playing against kids, like, 6'4" down in the post so, of course he was going to dominate the boards and such. All you could do was foul him, to keep him from scoring. He did leave Kentucky because he wasn't getting playing time, I also remember reading that he wasn't a big fan of Tubby Smith, so he transferred to Villanova.

Francis acted like a drama queen with his "wake up" kvetching but hating how the Mobley deal doesn't upgrade the Magic in the least might have been the better route. This trade made no sense to me. Neither team gained anything it seems.

Guest Failed Mascot
I have no clue. I could probably find out easily though. All I know is he went to Doherty High School here in Worcester and killed on the boards and low post scoring...which shows how much basketball players from Worcester suck.

Actually he went to Burncoat High.

I always confuse Burncoat and Doherty. I wonder if Doherty still puts the mashed car infront of the building during Prom season to scare kids away from drinking and driving.

I always confuse Burncoat and Doherty. I wonder if Doherty still puts the mashed car infront of the building during Prom season to scare kids away from drinking and driving.

Yeah, they still do, every year it's out there.

Found this quiz in the Houston Chronicle. All you have to do is guess whether the quotes are about Steve and Cuttino or Brad and Jennifer...

1. "He had the biggest heart I've ever known."

Aniston, in a magazine interview, talking about Pitt.

2. "They're just separated. Maybe they'll get back together. This is a very big deal for them."

People magazine editor Jess Cagle, regarding the Pitt-Aniston breakup.

3. "Him not being here is going to be tough for me. I don't know what I'm going to wake up for."

Francis on Mobley.

4. "We happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and admiration for one another."

Aniston and Pitt in a joint statement regarding their breakup.

5. "It's a very emotional time for (them) and I understand that."

Magic coach Johnny Davis, regarding the Francis-Mobley breakup.

6. "They lived their life in a fishbowl. They could not do anything without speculation going rampant."

A publicist regarding Pitt and Aniston.

7. "I told (him), 'You think I'm going to turn around and do something that hurts you?' He was sort of like, 'Well, I've got no choice but to trust you. Your eggs are in my basket and my eggs are in yours.' "

Magic GM John Weisbrod on a conversation he had with Francis, post-breakup.

8. "This decision is the result of much thoughtful consideration."

Pitt and Aniston in their statement.

9. "I can't put it into words ... living with a guy, just knowing that every day when I wake up that's something I can count on ... They messed up something that started so good."

Francis on Mobley.

10. "They're searching for the answer, which is not an easy one to come up with."

A Pitt family friend on how the once-loving couple is handling things now.

OK, it's not that difficult, but it's funny...