TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Rumble winner has the option again

During Edge's match on Raw, JR commented that whoever wins the Royal Rumble will have the option of which world champ he faces at WM. I haven't heard anyone talk about this since. I think it opens up quite a few more possibilities. What do you think?

Guest LooneyTune

In my wacky "Think WWE" POV, this means no one is jumping unless the writing team is backed into a corner.

Orton this means Orton wins, jumps to SD and takes the title while HHH/Big Dave ME Mania...

Except for the fact that Orton won't be in the Royal Rumble match, due to him most likely having a World Title match at the Rumble.

yea this is also mentioned in the new raw magazine in the rumble preview (which has many ridicoulous typos like referring to this years coming rumble as the 2004 rumble)

and one more thing

in a follow up to my earlier post about the hulk hogan name

this mag has pics of rumbles past including a pull out poster which shows hogan in the 92 rumble wearing his shirt, but they have blurred out hulk hogan on it (it was the shirt he wore at this time to wm 8 a yellow shirt with flag in middle and hulk on top and hogan on bottom)

oh man does this mean hulk a blurring as well as logo blurring in future wwe dvds?

Guest LooneyTune

It's a cheap way to move someone to another show. I'm kinda glad Benoit did, because him on Smackdown would mean countless Benoit vs. Suzuki/Dupree/other really bad wrestlers. On the other hand, Benoit on Smackdown would mean another big name, but they have enough faces already.

yea in 03 it was implied that you face your brands champ. however, last year austin and benoit explained that the contract for the rumble match didnt say which champion to face, like a mistake or loophole for benoit. youd think that in storyline terms wwe would fix that mistake, but oh well the writers need an out sometimes like you said

(hell we all thought last year that heyman would trade benoit to raw for goldberg remember?)

Guest Loss

WWE should hire Rudo as a continuity consultant and have him keep a storyboard of all existing storylines in company history, paying him $100,000 a year to do so. They would then screen any scripts through him, where he'd point out any continuity errors. Seriously.

Guest bigm350
Well, it is Smackdowns turn to main event WM, right?

I don't think SD will main event any dual PPV's anymore; the way it looks.

I think the last time Smackdown main evented a dual brand PPV was Judgment Day '03, with Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show Stretcher match for the WWE Title.

Let's see...after that they went to the one brand shows except for the big 4...

Summerslam 03: Elimination Chamber

Survivor Series 03: Goldberg vs. Triple H

Royal Rumble 04 (not counting Rumble match): Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania XX: Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

Summerslam 04: Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton

Survivor Series 04: Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho & Maven vs. Triple H, Batista, Edge & Gene Snitsky.

...yep. ...that's just sad. McMahon has abandoned the title that his family made in favor of a belt that was last represented by a company that went out of business.

Guest Fook
WWE should hire Rudo as a continuity consultant and have him keep a storyboard of all existing storylines in company history, paying him $100,000 a year to do so. They would then screen any scripts through him, where he'd point out any continuity errors. Seriously.

IIRC, they actually did hire someone to check for continuity errors and the like, but he quit because they weren't even listening to the basic stuff he was pointing out.

Orton this means Orton wins, jumps to SD and takes the title while HHH/Big Dave ME Mania...

Except for the fact that Orton won't be in the Royal Rumble match, due to him most likely having a World Title match at the Rumble.

On Tuesday, they had Orton vs. HHH listed on WWE.com as a match scheduled for the Rumble. It's since been removed.

Who's the odds on favorite to win the Rumble this year? Since Orton's in a title match with Triple H (even if they don't fight at the Rumble, I doubt they'll have Trips/Orton Round IV as WrestleMania), I guess Batista and Cena would be most logical. Cena winning would mean ANOTHER Smackdown guy winning (would be 3 years in a row), so does that mean the Rumble favorite is BATISTA?!

IIRC, they actually did hire someone to check for continuity errors and the like, but he quit because they weren't even listening to the basic stuff he was pointing out.

I think he was fired, actually. For pointing out too many inconsistancies.

Guest Fook

That actually makes it even funnier.

I'd like to see Edge win for RAW even though I'm just putting faith into a lost cause.

Guest sek69

I'm thinking they're pointing this out so when Batista wins the Rumble they'll do an angle where HHH assumes he's going to jump to SD! so Evolution can have the top beld on both brands, then have Dave announce he wants the RAW title.

Remember Brock being paid to be "exclusive to Smackdown"...but

they just made another title for Raw and when Show won the title from Brock they didn't even so much as mention that the championship would be disputable?

Neither does WWE.

I doubt WWE remembers or cares, because there's nobody on SD that looks to be making a Raw jump, and nobody on Raw storyline-wise would *want* to go to SD.

I remember hearing a story that when Edge was injured, they asked him for imput in booking. He pointed out so many mistakes and was "too negative" for Steph. They stopped asking for his imput.

Now, if a wrestler who isn't publically critical of the company is "too negative", you can imagine what an outsider had to say...

Well, it is Smackdowns turn to main event WM, right?

Name me any possible match with the current Smackdown roster that's worthy enough to main event Mania.

If I gave you a week to ponder it - you still wouldn't be able to find one.

Face it, HHH vs. pretty much anyone is, sadly, better than pretty much anything Smackdown has to offer. Unless Vince goes crazy, hires Hogan back, and books a JBL / Hogan program. But then you start getting into the issue of hiring workers / trading workers, which goes back again to my point that there is no existing matchup with the current SD roster that's near worthy enough to headline Mania.

Guest LooneyTune

When pointing out the flaws of the WWE booking, you're basically saying the entire shows script is 100% wrong. Edge is now my hero... for 3 hours.

Edge: I'm pretty sure Rhyno isn't the big tall guy with a big pimple on his knee.

Stephanie: Uh... go home!