TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

Erik Watts attempts suicide...

According to Dave Meltzer @ WrestlingObserver.com, Erik Watts reportedly attempted suicide this past Sunday with an apparent overdose. There is no word at this time how it affects tomorrow nights TNA Final Resolution PPV in Orlando as Watts is scheduled to face Raven.

Talk of what Watts did this past weekend was said to be a major topic of discussion within the TNA office and it remains to be seen if he does end up working the PPV tomorrow. If he does, many in the company hope the crowd don't go too far in terms of messing with the wrestlers during the shows given his current state. This situation is among the many reported drug problems TNA is having with its stars at this time and some fear nothing is being done to change that.

Credit: Dave Meltzer @ WrestlingObserver.com

Yeah we talked about this a little in the Final Resolution preview thread. Hopefully Watts is taken off the show and sent home to regroup and Raven is given something else to do (I suggested doing an angle at the beginning of the show to put him into the 3 way match or have him run in and cost DDP the the match leading to a one on one between the 2 later).

Guest traveshamockery

That's terrible. I am not a fan of his, but that doesn't change this from being very sad. I wonder if he will perform tonight; and if so, I hope that the crowd doesn't start in with "You OD'ed" or "Kill Yourself" chants. If that happens, he may not make it through the night.

I think that the best thing to do right now would be to have him removed from television and sent to counseling. I may not want to see him in the ring, but I don't want to see the guy off himself either.

Guest Fook_Theta

On one hand with how seemingly retarded TNA are about their fanbase, I have to admit I'm thinking more about buying it as a selling point. Watts going out there and just slicing himself up is pretty historic, if not barbaric.

On the other hand, they could switch it to a backyard brawl and nobody would be able to say anything. More likely they will just scrap it all together and have Raven job to DDP.

I was shocked to read this. They will probably do an angle where Raven beats him down so bad that there won't be a match. I don't see Raven being put into the elimination match, because that would then take the focus off of Monty Brown, who is supposed to win, in my opinion at least, lol

Guest WordLife

I like Erik Watts myself,but I can see why he's not liked. I also hope the fans don't "You OD'ed" or "Kill Yourself",as that would be signing the man's death certificate. Please just change it to DDP vs Raven or something. Just get Erik help,and keep Raven on the show. But I see Erik going over Raven. But I don't wanna give the fans the chance to push him over the edge. Some fans are stupid..

Wow, thats some scary shit. I wonder what his reasons for the attempt were.

I'd be worried about having him wrestling. What if he decides that he wants to die in the ring so he purposly botches a move/lands on his head.

Meltzer:

--Erik Watts was denying any attempt at committing suicide. Erik Watts was also claiming a torn trapezius and separated shoulder on the first bump of the match with Raven.