TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

The Ultimate Fighter

Which tall German guy are you talking about?

He's probably talking about Semmy Schilt, who though Dutch, could understandably be mistaken for German.

He's probably talking about Semmy Schilt, who though Dutch, could understandably be mistaken for German.

Dutch? My bad, the name sounded more German than Dutch. The guy is like 6'7" or 8 and is all arms and legs. I kept thinking he belonged on a nature special about praying mantises fighting each other or something.

Dutch? My bad, the name sounded more German than Dutch. The guy is like 6'7" or 8 and is all arms and legs. I kept thinking he belonged on a nature special about praying mantises fighting each other or something.

If it was Schilt, the guy has been reported from roughly 6'10-7'0 tall.

I heard the fight was worked, as if a 5'10 170 lbs guy has to take a fall against a giant like Choi, but there you go.

Semmy Schilt either has crazy grip strength or Pete Williams is really weak. I've heard that he was the strongest fighter, so I'll go with the latter. That fight where he's literally holding onto him where Pete can't do ANYTHING is pretty hilarious, but I'm sure if I watched it again I'd be bored. That grip strength was no problem for Nog, though he is on another level all together.

About Nate, he's in Randy's corner for pretty much all his big matches, I got UFC 49 the other day (prize from MMAEvolution, score) and I noticed him in there too.

Semmy Schilt either has crazy grip strength or Pete Williams is really weak.

A little of both. Semmy's grip has given people various degrees of trouble (usually moreso than other fighters) from the bottom, but Pete was probably one of the most effective examples. I also think part of the problem is the Lion's Den guys never practioned positioning much on the ground, and thus are usually prety weak guard passers, and thusly weak from the mount as well.

Ah, Josh Koscheck, hypocrite. Leben comes back and it's bad because he beat him, but Bobby's back and it's good because he deserves a second shot.

I hope Diego whips his laying and praying ass.

Koscheck is such a bitch. He doesn't think Leben should be back because he lost, but he thinks Bobby deserves a second chance even THOUGH he lost? What a crybaby.

Southworth's decision loss was controversial while Leben's wasn't.

Koscheck is such a bitch.  He doesn't think Leben should be back because he lost, but he thinks Bobby deserves a second chance even THOUGH he lost?  What a crybaby.

And?? Fact is, Southworth still lost the fight.

Koscheck is such a bitch.  He doesn't think Leben should be back because he lost, but he thinks Bobby deserves a second chance even THOUGH he lost?  What a crybaby.

Southworth's loss, to me, was just as controversial as Leben's. That is, when you look at it, not at all. They left it to the judges, and neither guy really showed too much in their eyes, and so, they lost.

Southworth's loss, to me, was just as controversial as Leben's. That is, when you look at it, not at all. They left it to the judges, and neither guy really showed too much in their eyes, and so, they lost.

...How could you even argue that Leben won his decision? He definitely lost the fight. Southworth's decision loss was different because most people thought he won.

...How could you even argue that Leben won his decision? He definitely lost the fight. Southworth's decision loss was different because most people thought he won.

I didn't say that. I said that looking back at it, neither decision was controversial.

In hindsight, Leben deserved to lose. His fight style is standing up, throwing bombs and getting the KO. He didn't do it.

In hindsight, Southworth deserved to lose. Bonnar did more on the ground, was more aggresive, Bobby was more reactionary, and the judges didn't like that.