TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

The Ultimate Fighter

After Southworth being jobbed out to a BS decision in a fight he clearly won because of personal shit and it seems that Leben is being brought back and given another shot even after losing. I am done with this show.

And I'm right there with you. Which is a shame, because I'm the type of guy - who's not normally really into MMA - that they should be trying to win over with this show.

But this shit is just a turn off to me.

Bringing Leben back?

Jump

the

Shark.

After Southworth being jobbed out to a BS decision in a fight he clearly won because of personal shit and it seems that Leben is being brought back and given another shot even after losing. I am done with this show.

I'm not a big fan of Fratboy coming back, but we'll see what happens there.

However to say that Southworth was jobbed is pretty weak. They offer the $5K because they know that the judges will give out just about any decision. And since UFC is looking for legitimacy, any shenanigans like bout-fixing is going to get them blackballed by Nevada and just about anywhere else in the US, so I don't see that happening.

Like I said during the match, I thought it was a draw, so a split decision really isn't all that surprising. I'm not seeing where Southworth "clearly" won anything. Bonnar got Southworth in a tapout attempt, Southworth escapes. Southworth tries a triangle, Bonnar not only escapes, but almost gains a full mount. Move for move, it seemed pretty even.

Fuck you Dana White and the shows producers. I hope to god that the Contender is'nt this fixed.

Executive Producer? Mark Burnett. Draw your own conclusions.

And I'm right there with you. Which is a shame, because I'm the type of guy - who's not normally really into MMA - that they should be trying to win over with this show.

But this shit is just a turn off to me.

Bringing Leben back?

Jump

the

Shark.

The show is trying to get casual fans hooked.

Judging by the ratings, which has far exceeded expectations, they seem to be doing that. Just because YOU are turned off doesn't mean many are.

I thought Bonnar won a *close* fight, but due to their judging system, it's almost impossible to have a draw. So, he got the decision. Remember, this was all taped way back when, to think that the bout was a conspiracy to get rid of Southworth because people don't like him is stupid. There's no way the bout was fixed.

The show is trying to get casual fans hooked.

Judging by the ratings, which has far exceeded expectations, they seem to be doing that. Just because YOU are turned off doesn't mean many are.

How dare you.

I am an everyman - my tastes and interests represent the tastes and interests of the larger community.

Or should, at least.

Damn I completely forgot about that picture. It was mainly used during the Leben vs Koscheck thing. So are there two fighters coming back?

I think many are coming back, just because they're having a big card at the end.

Although, the person who opened the door might have opened the door in a previous episode. That picture is actually proof that that dude is coming. Dunno about the door opener though.

I had Bonnar and Southworth pretty even. While Bobby landed the better punches, Steph didn't seem to be that phased by any and was pretty agressive.

And if it was a screw job then so be it. Koscheck didn't do anything to Leben but takedowns and lay deadweight, he didn't "win" his fight and show me anything.

I know the last guy to get picked, the one Randy was stuck with wasn't anything, but it was stupid to off two people before they even started the fight eliminations.

I'm liking this show waaaay more than I thought I would.

Guest Big_Jay101

Who exactly is it, and how do we not know that is a old picture?

Who exactly is it, and how do we not know that is a old picture?

First look at the round 2 card and then look at the people watching the fight. Unless they faked it just to throw us off, one of the eliminated fighters is definitely coming back because that can't be an old picture.

It looks like Diego, Josh, and Bobby...I can't see a spoiler

The round 2 sign is right there, how could you miss it? You're right, it shows at least Josh and Bobby watching a fight.

Lodune vs Bobby

Bobby was actually in this fight.

Diego vs Karalexis

Didn't go to round 2.

Leben vs Koscheck

Koscheck was in this fight.

Bobby vs Bonnar

Bobby was in this fight too.

So it's pretty safe to assume Bobby comes back.

Guest Brian

Or that he sticks around to watch a fight after incessantly bitching, or they bring everyone back at some point. They might do so for the semi-finals fights or something, which would be the last taped episodes. Who knows? A lot of things could go down.

Since it looks like Leben is the one who's opening the door in the preview and that he somehow gets back in the competition, it would only be fair to bring back Bobby too since he lost a close decision while Leben had no chance of winning his decision.

Guest Brian

I'm still hoping for tease. Nate Quarry returns to the fold. Drops the crutches. Puts the foot down. Points at Koscheck. "Konichiwa Bitch." And we have our revenge match.

Guest Brian

Anyone remember between rounds 1 and 2 when Randy is telling Bonnar exactly what Chuck is telling Southworth, because as Randy says, that is what Chuck would do? That was fucking gold. Chuck's gonna lose.

Anyone remember between rounds 1 and 2 when Randy is telling Bonnar exactly what Chuck is telling Southworth, because as Randy says, that is what Chuck would do? That was fucking gold. Chuck's gonna lose.

Beat me to it. I was gonna post the same thing.

If this doesn't show that Randy will beat Chuck, the fact that his trainer said that they won't do anything differently from the first fight should.

Bobby was only pissed because he felt that he disrespected his two dads.

Hey doesn't it always seem like Team Liddell is much more vocally supportive during the fights? Even during the first ones when the numbers were more even.

Well, the two really vocal guys on Team Couture are already gone. And of the guys left, Quarry's probably the most vocal.

Guest Brian

I watched the fight again on replay, and I can't really see how Bobby won at all. Bonnar took the first round, and the second was close and could have gone either way. I didn't remember Bonnar connecting as much as he did the first time I saw the fight, and I also didn't realize Bobby had nothing on his triangle attempt.

Forrest Griffin grappling clip

I competed in that tournament and was actually sitting on the mat during that bout...good match.

That was the same tournament where while Forrest's coach Rory Singer was grappling, Forrest yelled, "Remember Rory...you're Jewish....it's your biggest strength!" Everyone just stared at Forrest and he simply nodded in confidence

-blake bowman