TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

La Resistance win tag titles at house show

1/16/2005 6:02:00 PM

WWE does house show title change, Michaels heavily booed, Flair goes off and fans booing opponent on strange show in Winnipeg

by Mike McIntyre

A few noteworthy things at today's show. First, they did an actual title switch. La resistance won the tag belts from regal, who was forced to have coach as his partner but never did tag him in.

Also, jericho went over hussan before his hot hometown crowd (is that hussans first loss?) in a "royal rumble qualifying match".

Also, the much advertised and hyped michaels vs flair singles match never happened. Instead, it was michaels and orton vs flair and batista. Neither michaels nor flair looked hurt, both worked a lot, not sure why the change. Before match, michaels got booed a bit, then lots of "u screwed bret" chants, which prompted flair to grab mic and shoot on the crowd, saying shawn is "greatest performer I've ever been in ring with" and that wpgers and canadians just can't give it up, and they better, cuz "wwe will stop coming here". He was legit mad. But whatta dumb thing to say. Also called bret " a rick flair wannabee, never will be", and so on. Btw, michaels pinned flair for his teams win.

Anyways, other results:

Benoit b edge (easily best match, edge is really strong)

Shelton b maven

Kane b snitsky in hardcore match

Christian and tomko b hurricane and rosey

Victoria b molly

CREDIT: Wrestlingobserver.com

Guest Chumpstain

I was at the show, and I didn't hear any boos being directed at Shawn. He got as loud an ovation as anyone not named Chris Jericho this afternoon. Flair did go off as the report mentions, but it was probably on a handful of fans trying the "You screwed Bret" chant, as there was no 'heavy booing' of Michaels going on at all.

Weeeird..

I was just talking to one of my friends about how they never do house show Title switches anymore.

This was just because of injuries. So was the last one when Booker had to lose the IC Title due to his bad back. It is hardly a change in the way they do booking.

Weeeird..

I was just talking to one of my friends about how they never do house show Title switches anymore.

This was just because of injuries. So was the last one when Booker had to lose the IC Title due to his bad back. It is hardly a change in the way they do booking.

Yes, but irony was the key.

They couldn't have just let Regal get a new partner or fucking force him to vacate the titles? Fucking bullshit.

Guest LooneyTune

La Resistance is the 2003-05 Edge & Christian (pushing it with year)... minus the overness, talent, charisma (Conway might have some, but I can't tell)... OK, the only comparsion is the 6973 tag title reigns.

1/16 RAW BRAND RESULT FROM WINNIPEG: TAG TITLES CHANGE ON HOUSE SHOW

by Jordan Nepon @ 6:17:00 PM on 1/16/2005

Here are results from the Winnipeg show. I think I've got everything.

Christy Hemme came out to welcome us, and said how much she loved being in Winnipeg. Which is a blatant lie unless you love freezing weather and love tons of snow. Simon Dean came out, called her fat, offered her his Simon powder which she threw back in his face.

1) Christian and Tomko beat Hurricane and Rosey. Rose was holding Hurricane, and Tomko hit a bit boot to get Christian on top.

2) Victoria beat Molly with the Widows Peak. Crowd wasn’t too interested.

3) Shelton Benjamin beat Maven with the Exploder. ‘Just there’, but not too bad.

4) Kane beat Snitsky in a hardcore match. Big pop for Kane. They used a trash can, trash can lids and a hockey stick. Good for what it was.

5) Chris Benoit beat Edge via Crippler Crossface. Match was 11 minutes. I was a bit underwhelmed, but it was still good.

The T-shirt guy threw out some shirts, then we had a 15 minute intermission.

6) La Resistance beat William Regal and the Coach to become NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS. Coach came out and announced himself the ring announcer. La Res came out followed by Regal, alone. Coach said Regal had to defend the titles, but not in a handicap match, and Coach named himself as Eugene's replacement. Regal wrestled alone regardless, he went for a tag mid-match but changed his mind. For the end, Regal nailed Coach instead of tagging him, then La Res hit their tag finisher (sorry, forget the name) on Regal to win the belts. Post-match, Coach insulted Regal and followed up with a low blow. Regal came back with some knees then tossed Coach out of the ring.

7) Chris Jericho made Muhammed Hassan tap out to the Walls of Jericho in a Royal Rumble entrance match. Jericho was way over, as usual in his hometown. Hassan badmouthed Winnipeg before Jericho cut him off, and said he’s give Hassan a Y2J beating he’d never, evvvvver, forget. Daivari kept interfering, but finally backfired for the Jericho win. After the match, Jericho said how much he loved performing for his hometown, and said “even though it’s –40 C outside, it’s hot in here”- and the temperature with the windchill is completely legit, even colder a few days ago.

8) HBK and Randy Orton beat Ric Flair and Batista when HBK hit the Sweet Chin Music on Flair. Nice pops for Flair and Orton, and HBK wasn’t booed out of the building for what it’s worth. Good main event, similar to the usual Raw tags. We got a *really* full moon from Flair, a visual I probably won’t forget, as much as I want to. Randy teased an RKO, but we never got one. Orton and HBK shook hands with the front row after the match.

It was a pretty good show, Not mind blowing but I had fun. I wish we had the scheduled HBK vs. Flair singles match, though.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Grenier wins a belt after his horrible match with Shelton last week? That is stupid.

But to counter that, Grenier is a sexy piece of ass.

Guest Deadbolt

Oh why! La Resistance are boring! When Rene Dupree was in the team, they were actually watchable, but Sylvain 'Im obviously Gay' Greiner and Rob 'Charisma Crisis' Conway are just an excuse to go to bed or something. They could have at least put the titles on Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit or even Viscera and Steven Richards...anyone but La Resistance! They did ok with their first run, but there time is over and the team should be split up ASAP. They run a storyline where Conway rediscovers his American-ism and decides to turn on the country hater, Sylvain Greiner

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Just so everyone is up-to-date on La Resistance's tag title reigns...

Sylvain Grenier, 4-time World tag team champ. Three times with Conway, and once with Dupree.

Rob Conway, 3-time World tag team champ. Three times with Grenier.

Rene Dupree, 2-time tag team champ. Once with Grenier (World tag titles), and once with Kenzo Suzuki (WWE tag titles).

Just so everyone is up-to-date on La Resistance title reigns...

Sylvain Grenier, 4-time tag champ. Three times with Conway, and once with Dupree.

Rob Conway, 3-time tag champ. Three times with Grenier.

Rene Dupree, 2-time tag champ. Once with Grenier, and once with Kenzo Suzuki.

And yet, evne though Rene's on a different show than the other two, all three have the same damn theme.

They couldn't give La Res the same theme that Dino Bravo used to have when managed by Frenchie Martin?

Guest Askewniverse
They couldn't have just let Regal get a new partner or fucking force him to vacate the titles?  Fucking bullshit.

Yeah, those two options would have been a much better idea. Instead of doing a title change, they should just hand over half of the tag titles to someone. Better yet, with the great tag division on Raw, they could vacate the titles and hold a tourney to determine new champions.

then La Res hit their tag finisher (sorry, forget the name)

The Au Revoir

or even Viscera and Steven Richards...

Make this man head booker NOW. That team would be... well, very very bad, but bad in a great way as opposed to bad in a bad way. I mean, can you imagine Steven The Dork Richards trying to team with King Slug?

Ugh... La Resistance Tag Champs AGAIN!? Just give them to Tyson & Xtian.

If they had, it'd been the third title Christian won at a house show (the Euro from Bradshaw and the IC from Booker).

Guest LooneyTune

If they had, it'd been the third title Christian won at a house show (the Euro from Bradshaw and the IC from Booker).

Like I always say, "When in doubt, give Christian a title."

If Michaels wasnt booed out of the building as the first report says, than why did Flair freak out. As much as I want to respect Flair, I gotta say, that sounds really wacked out.

Because giving the titles to a directionless Christian who doesn't seem to give a damn and the untalented, unover Tomko is really a huge improvement.

Come on, the Raw tag titles mean nothing and there's no decent teams worth giving them to or building up to challenge for them.