TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Meltzer on JBL's Wrestlemania opponent

About the ratings things in the last few posts here. People are forgetting how important Eddie and Rey are to Smackdown's health.

Actually Eddie, RVD and Angle are the 3 guys that are getting the big ratings on SD while that undeserving shitbag JBL is responsible for turning viewers away.

While I don't doubt you, do you have any actual proof, except 'Bradshaw is a bad wrestler and Eddie is teh workrate~!'

Because you been on this 'Crapshaw' rant for months and months, without anything more than an insult here and an 'RVD should be in his spot' there.

The last time somebody posted the viewers gained/lost (prob. from the Observer), it showed RVD, Eddie, and Angle (not sure on Angle, though) gained viewers, while JBL lost viewers. I don't know the time frame that was covered in order to generate that data, though.

Guest wildpegasus

From what I hear, Eddie brings in the latino demographic. Rey helps to get the kids watching. Add that to the fans they already have and it's easy to see why they're so important to the ratings puzzle.

The last time somebody posted the viewers gained/lost (prob. from the Observer), it showed RVD, Eddie, and Angle (not sure on Angle, though) gained viewers, while JBL lost viewers. I don't know the time frame that was covered in order to generate that data, though.

It was from the start of October to the start of December, and the stats were as follows as far as average viewership gains or losses when the particular person was in a match or the focal point of a segment:

JBL - 100,700

Big Show +249,000

Carlito +39,400

Kurt Angle +192,500

Heidenreich -68,000

Eddie Guerrero +118,600

Tough Enough +128,700

Booker T -56,100

Rob Van Dam +112,400

Undertaker -4,000