TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Gecko

Monday Night Television

Guest The Gecko

The one bad thing about the NFL playoffs is that there's no more Monday Night Football. And as a frequent MNF viewer, I am stuck without quality entertainment for Monday nights. Does anyone have any suggestions for some quality shows I can watch on Mondays from 7 to 11?

I was thinking about RAW, but I haven't watched that for quite awhile, I might be lost. Help me out please.

Guest The Gecko

I've heard rave reviews about 24, but how far into the season is it? And will I be lost if I start watching now?

Guest TheLastBoyscout

kiefer_sutherland.jpg

I am the last thing you will ever see if you harm one hair on my daughter's head.

Guest El Satanico

Antiques Roadshow and 24...yes I watch Antiques Roadshow

There's also American Chopper, Monster House and Monster Garage on The Discovery Channel.

Guest Fook
I've heard rave reviews about 24, but how far into the season is it? And will I be lost if I start watching now?

Tonight's the fifth hour.

Nothing's happened so far that you shouldn't be able to pick up just by watching tonight. If you really want, there should be episode synopses for the first four hours available somewhere.

hmm...is that still on the air?

It's on the air like The Simpsons is still on the air...

It's a zombie corpse, a a pale shell of what it used to be.

Guest El Satanico
hmm...is that still on the air?

Regardless of how you feel about the recent seasons, The Simpson don't deserve to be insulted in that manner.

It's a zombie corpse, a a pale shell of what it used to be.

I shit on that comment. The Simpsons is still the best running show on TV right now. at least its better than pretty much all the new crap on TV nowandays.

Guest El Satanico
The Simpsons is still the best running show on TV right now.

It's better than alot of shows currently on TV, but that's going too far.

Um... I just want to have something cleared up for me.

Although I haven't gotten around to actually watching an episode of 24 yet, I've taped all 3 episodes after my cousin practically orgasmed over the show.

I originally thought I wouldn't get to see it at all since I heard it was on at the same time as Raw (and I never miss Raw when I'm home), but it turns out that that is not the case.

Raw airs from 6-8 P.M. with 24 coming on at 9 P.M. (8 last week). Is this only a West Coast thing? The only thing I can figure is that 24 airs at 9 P.M. nationwide.

I'm not sure about SpikeTV, but I know that TSN only has a national feed, so they air Raw at 9ET/6PT with a repeat at 12ET/9PT. Broadcast television has a split feed, so a (non-sports) show that airs at 9pm on the east coast will air at 9pm on the west coast.

The Simpsons have lost that little bit of magic that made it so special. Now its barely an above average show. The jokes that used to be subtle and clever are being forced too much. Pick up the Simpsons Season 5 and you'll have plenty to watch on Monday nights.

Or you could play video games. There are some great games out there right now.