TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Black Label Society

The worst album I've heard in at least a decade. March 8, watch for it. People with taste can use it to repulse their friends if they want them to leave after staying over too late on a work night. People without good taste can gather their friends together and drool happily over this steaming pile of worthlessness.

Nothing saves this record. No good riffs, the vocals are plain old not good, and Black Label Society has degenerated into a more distorted glam rock band. And not a good glam rock band either.

just giving you a heads up a few weeks in advance. I hope they change this record into something other than outtake garbage in the meantime.

This isn't exactly a huge shock. Even though I really like Zakk Wylde as a guitarist and sometimes as a songwriter, BLS is often very difficult to listen to because of Wylde's horribly forced vocals which are a terrible sounding 5th rate imitation of Ozzy. However, I'm only going by the singles and maybe one or two listens of a full album (1919 Eternal, I think), so that may not be indicative of his work on the whole.

Yeah. And Hangover Music sucked. BLS had two strong albums (Sonic Brew and Stronger Than Death), then an amazing one (1919 Eternal), then a decent one with a few choice tracks (The Blessed Hellride), and Zakk decides to make music to fit the radio and releases "Suicide Messiah," or whatever the fuck it's called.

Dammit, Zakk, you're not cutting a Steel Dragon record. SLOW DOWN AND THINK ABOUT THE SONGS LIKE YOU DID FOR 1919 ETERNAL.

The "success" of Blessed Hellride and Hangover Music has gotten into Zakk's head.

I haven't heard the record yet, but if people are saying its pretty bad, then he should stop take time off, go hunting, drink JD, and write some bad ass riffs.

I got it off if IRC a week or so ago. Its not bad, but nothing great. I dont mind Zakk's voice, but it does take some getting use to. The new album cant hold a candle to Stronger than Death or 1919 Eternal though...

Even though I am a huge Zakk Wylde fan, I agree that he puts out way too many albums within too short of a time span. It's time for him to take a little break from writing songs for a while.

Most definitely. I do thoroughly believe that 1919 was BLS' best work because it came out 2 years after Stronger..., so Zakk had two years to write songs how he wanted to write them, instead of writing boring shit for Ozzy to sing over.