TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
therealworldschampion

NFC Championship

Nah, it pretty much began once Lurie bought the team (the stadium stuff only added to the dislike). People felt he was a Hollywood wash-out who had no idea how to run a football team, and that Banner was his little errand boy. Obviously, it's turned out pretty good for the team, but it is pretty humorous to see the complete 180 fans have done.

I went to camp one year and this kid's dad looked like Rich Kotite, in fact that's what went through my head. He cried a few times during the week.

Lesson of the story, Rich Kotite and anyone that looks like him, or anyone that is related to him or anyone that is related to someone that looks like him, is a loser.

The question now is how much of a spark will T.O. provide?

Maybe TO can just draw guys to him and never have a reception.

Freddie Mitchell has proven himself as a perfectly acceptable reciever and Pinkston is suddenly not doing to bad.

Everything is clicking on all cylinders and it rules! I'm so jacked for the Super Bowl now!

My favorite team vs. my most hated team.

Maybe TO can just draw guys to him and never have a reception.

:rolleyes:

What? For the first half at least they'll be looking for TO to get the ball. I'm sure he'll end up double covered.

Or hell they'll think nobody will throw it to him and just send one guy after him and then he can burn them. Whatever happens he's going to make a difference.

Guest Failed Mascot
Whatever happens he's going to make a difference.

especially from the sidelines since he probably won't play!

If TO does play, they'll cover him tight and test how able he really is early. If he's healthy, then yeah, the Eagles have a much better chance. If the Patriots find out that he's really not going at full speed--and if he isn't, they will in short order--then he's not going to draw double coverages or be worth much more than one of the Davises.

Ah Spiff's gonna have to deal with the local media hype for the next 2 weeks with the rest of the Delaware Valley media market now.

:throwup:

Although, I do find it humorous to reflect back to when Lurie bought the Eagles, and when Andy Reid was hired. Everybody *HATED* them (Lurie was a Hollywood nothing whose claim to fame was "VI Warshowski", and Reid was a fat-ass QB coach who had an easy job working w/ Favre in GB, and didn't deserve the head coaching job), but now they're the best thing since sliced bread.

My favorite is the outrage when the Eagles drafted McNabb over Ricky Williams.

I've chosen to delete that from my memory.

Anyway, I was one of the few fans who wanted McNabb, so I am exempt.

Good game for Philly. I was actually feeling pretty good about Philly winning after seeing how much thefans cared about it and knowing that all we would have had here in Atlanta is the annual bandwagon jumpers that actually don't give a shit about the team.

I still think its funny how the announce team was all "Vick just wasn't thinking...what a horrible throw" on that play he and Crumpler obviously had a mix up on play calls, but they were so quick to blame the recievers when Farve did it. Vick threw a stop, crumpler ran a post corner...something just went wrong there.

The biggest problem I saw was that it looked like the counter the eagles leaving spys, Vick just WOULDn't tuck that sonovabitch and go. There were plenty of spots where, after watching him play all year, he usually would have been gone, but instead he kept looking to throw, and since he has the belief that he can always make a play, led to some sacks. Its okay, hes young, he is allowed some mistakes.

McNaab played great and their ball control in the second half is what really won this game for them, as the falcons couldn't get on the field to put up any points. Just a great game and a good learning experience for the falcons. Hopefully their defense will get some praise also, because the guys played great.

Guest Vitamin X
I still think its funny how the announce team was all "Vick just wasn't thinking...what a horrible throw" on that play he and Crumpler obviously had a mix up on play calls, but they were so quick to blame the recievers when Farve did it.  Vick threw a stop, crumpler ran a post corner...something just went wrong there.

It's FAVRE, dammit. And it was the receivers' fault for running the wrong routes, they even explained why (in the Packers game, I mean). Vick was thoroughly confused when he didn't resort to running when his first and second options were covered. Favre would have either checked down or tried gunning it down the field, which 75% of the time works, and 25% of the time results in an INT.

Favre's dumbest play was the pass when he was 5 Yards across the line of scrimmage at the end of the half. That was truly dumb. The ints save possibly the final one, were all the fault of the WRs.

I still think its funny how the announce team was all "Vick just wasn't thinking...what a horrible throw" on that play he and Crumpler obviously had a mix up on play calls, but they were so quick to blame the recievers when Farve did it.  Vick threw a stop, crumpler ran a post corner...something just went wrong there.

It's FAVRE, dammit. And it was the receivers' fault for running the wrong routes, they even explained why (in the Packers game, I mean). Vick was thoroughly confused when he didn't resort to running when his first and second options were covered. Favre would have either checked down or tried gunning it down the field, which 75% of the time works, and 25% of the time results in an INT.

You know I do that just to piss you off now right? I mean, the first time it was a mistake...now its just to get a rise out of you. Oh...and thats bullshit.

If Crumpler hooks then he is right in front of Dawkins and catches a 10 yard pass for the first. He never even looked back, so he was obviously looking for another route. We don't know who fucked up there, and I just found it funny that it HAD to be Vick when in Farve's case it HAD to be the reciever. It was a route mix up, plain and simple. And i am pretty sure Crump was his first option seeing as he looked right at him the whole time. Like someone else said, he is going to HAVE to learn to look people off.

Guest Vitamin X

Well then if he was staring at him the whole time, it was entirely Vick's fault for giving away who he was going to throw to. Only receiver you can do that with is Randy Moss, who'll catch a ball no matter how many people are in position to try and make the play.