TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
therealworldschampion

Super Bowl XXXIX discussion thread

I find it humerous that no one outside of Philly gives this team any credit still. What more do the Eagles have to do this year? Going into this game the only thing the idiot talking heads on tv said was how great the Falcons defense was and how their running game was the best in the league. Well, the Eagles put up 27 on that defense using a wide variety of offense in windy conditions. And that running game sure was great for the Falcons. Westy almost outgained them on his own.

Now the talk will be how great the Patriots are and how they're a destiny and whatever bullshit they want to spew. That won't worry the Eagles.

Finally, an early pick of Eagles 24, Patriots 14. Biatch.

Philly scares me, as a Pats fan, more than either Indy or Pittsburgh did. With Indy, it was just stop the pass & make the Colts beat you with Edge or the short pass then YAC; easily done. With Pittsburgh, it was stop the running game and make it tough for them to blitz; easily done. Philly, though, has a good mix of rushing (both Westbrook & McNabb) and passing (even without TO) plus a very good defense.

Having said that, though, I really can't see the Pats losing this game. It won't be a blowout, but it won't be a nailbiter, either. My prediction: New England 27, Philly 17.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

there's a difference between not giving Philly any credit, and not expecting them to beat a team that just killed 2 clearly better teams in the last 2 weeks.

Trust me, Lushus, I'd love it if this year was a blow out win for the Pats ... I literally start to feel ill while watching their games, and the more important the game is the worse I feel.

Trust me, Lushus, I'd love it if this year was a blow out win for the Pats ... I literally start to feel ill while watching their games, and the more important the game is the worse I feel.

shoulda seen me between 1990 and 1993 watching the Superbowls! ;)

there's a difference between not giving Philly any credit, and not expecting them to beat a team that just killed 2 clearly better teams in the last 2 weeks.

See, that's what I mean. The Steelers and Colts are not better than the Eagles, especially the way all three teams have been playing as of late. The Steelers were incredibly lucky to beat the Jets and their QB fell to earth harder than anyone since Kurt Warner became human again. You cannot tell me that they're better than the Eagles right now.

The Pats will do one thing the Falcons and Vikings couldnt or didnt do. Be physical with the Philly recievers. History has shown (and I AM including TO in this) that if you jam the Eagle recievers they will eventually wilt. I dont see Westbrook being much of a factor either as I think Belichick will find different people to spy on him depending on the formation. On the flip side, it will be tough for the Pats to drive on the Philly defense so I think this game remains close for a little while but in the end NE will win out.

New England 24

Philadelphia 10

Let me preface this by stating that as a Bills fan I have hate for the Patriots that few outside of Western New York would understand. But after seeing them destroy the Colts and the Steelers I have to believe that they are the closest to a dominant dynasty that we are ever going to see. It has to be one of the best organizations in professional sports. And I hate them. Anyway, I can't see the Eagles stopping or even slowing them down. My prediction:

Patriots: 34

Eagles: 17

Thus continuing the streak of SHITTY 2005 Playoff games. I had my hopes up so high for this post-season. The match-ups all looked solid, but the games were mostly mismatches.

The Eagles are being so underrated for this game and they're going to pull the upset. It's going to happen.

Just like Oklahoma?

Oklahoma was favored going into the Orange Bowl.

X

And that really has nothing to do with the Super Bowl.

It shows your predictions are terrible.

Umm......yes they were. By the morning of the game they were a 1 point favorite because everyone was betting on them. So don't give me that X bullshit b/c I'm right.

Anyways I'm still pissed I have to wait 2 weeks for this shit. Sunday comes around and I see no reason why there shouldn't be a Super Bowl now. It also feels weird with it in Febuary. Felt that way last year too.

And on top of that the Eagles really aren't getting any credit. The Eagles are better than The Colts and with the way Pittsburgh was playing The Eagles were better than them.

The Pats won't cake walk if they win. IF they win.

nailed it on the head Witty...the one that I hated the most, believe it or not was NOT the Giants wide right debacle but the rematch with the Cowboys...the one where they led 13-6 at halftime...they controlled that game so well in the first half only to completely melt down like no other in the second...

oh yeah, this postseason sucked serious ass...other than the Jets/Chargers, I hardly watched any of these games...

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Damaramu.

please stop.

YOU are making me want the Eagles to lose.

I totally agree with you on the second Cowboys game. I was actually at a Super Bowl party for that one. We were all so pumped at halftime. We thought that it was finally our time. Then we had to set thru that STUPID country music themed halftime show and it was all down hill. I've never had such a swing of emotion. The fourth quarter was godawful. I wanted to murder the television.

Damaramu.

please stop.

No fuck you. This is my team and I'll fucking say whatever the hell I want. You guys got a problem don't say anything. I'm tired of this petty childish bullshit. TSM is starting to remind me of Junior High b/c everyone's a bitch.

You don't like me? Get over it b/c you aren't going to make me stop posting no matter how hard you try.

Dama, the problem is you totally epitomize everything you just said in that statement by making said statement...

And what the fuck do you expect me to do?

When every post I make is followed up by some childish comment then I'm eventually going to go off the deep end.

But the fact is I'm here to stay. I haven't done anything to get myself banned nor will I so you kids are going to have to deal with me posting because I'm not going to stop.

Now where was I? Oh yeah. The Eagles by 10.

I'm tired of this petty childish bullshit. TSM is starting to remind me of Junior High b/c everyone's a bitch.

"So don't give me that X bullshit b/c I'm right."

Yeah b/c I was right. He said OU was the underdog. I said they were favored. He said that was wrong. But he was wrong because they actually WERE favored going into the game. So I was right.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Damaramu.

please stop.

No fuck you. This is my team and I'll fucking say whatever the hell I want. You guys got a problem don't say anything. I'm tired of this petty childish bullshit. TSM is starting to remind me of Junior High b/c everyone's a bitch.

You don't like me? Get over it b/c you aren't going to make me stop posting no matter how hard you try.

It isn't your team. You're a bandwagon jumper. Where were you last year? Or at the beginning of the year? You weren't here. And even if you were a fan, you're just spewing repetitive nonsense that adds nothng to the thread.

"omg i can't even possibly wait 2 more weeks"

"we're way better than the steelers and colts, man"

Thats not contributing. Thats not what a fan says. Talk about WHY the Eagles will win. Talk about WHAT they're doing well. All I've seen from you in like 7 posts in this thread that have said NOTHING. If you're going to represent the Eagles against a largely pro-Pats TSM contingent, you're going to have to start saying something relevent before they jump on your back.

dude...relax...i know what you're saying...I have an antagonist in the WWE folder that attacks me for nothing every once in awhile...we'd always get into stupid pissing matches and totally saturate the thread we were in to the point of it being unbareable for anyone else to post in there...I'm at the point now where I just say fuck it and move on...

and Dama, please stop thinking of yourself as some God when you say "They're my team and I can say whatever the fucking hell I want." That and you take every little thing so fucking seriously! You see a diss at you, guess what? Fucking ignore it! Just bloody ignore the damn thing and continue posting. You don't need to respond to every little thing that somebody says. Also the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" bit makes you really egotistical, even if you are right. Present the facts but you don't need to add "I'm right, you're wrong bitch" on as a rub in.

Damaramu.

please stop.

It isn't your team. You're a bandwagon jumper. Where were you last year? Or at the beginning of the year? You weren't here. And even if you were a fan, you're just spewing repetitive nonsense that adds nothng to the thread.

"omg i can't even possibly wait 2 more weeks"

Thats not contributing. Thats not what a fan says. Talk about WHY the Eagles will win. Talk about WHAT they're doing well. All I've seen from you in like 7 posts in this thread that have said NOTHING. If you're going to represent the Eagles against a largely pro-Pats TSM contingent, you're going to have to start saying something relevent before they jump on your back.

Ummm.....no I'm not. I was rooting for The Eagles. You guys can say all the bandwagon jumping shit all you want but that doesn't make you right. You're still wrong and you'll still be wrong as long as you say it. So get over it. I'm an Eagles fan through and through so get over it. Like I said if you don't like it tough shit.

Actually, that one was me, so I step in to help out here.

I think that the Eagles have a good shot at winning for the following reasons. The defense has been playing great since inserting Trotter in as the starting MLB. And the Defense has been playing out of this world since Keith Adams has been filling in for Simoneau. The Eagles Secondary is the best in football IMO and should be able to match up well with the Patriots receivers.

On offense, the Eagles have been playing with a lot of balance in the post season. With or without TO, they can move the ball and score. McNabb is playing the best football of his career, and he has moved into the pantheon of QB's in the league right now. Christ, Greg Lewis has come up huge the last two games, giving one more weapon to go along with Westy, C Lewis, LJ and FredEx. Throw in Pinkston, and the Eagles put a lot of guys on the field that you have to account for even without TO.

Special teams should be pretty much even. Atlanta was supposed to have these great Special team players, and the Eagles completely shut them out of the game.

So, I don't see the Eagles overmatched in any aspect of the game.

And, Andy Reid has never lost the week after the team has a bye. He is not at the same level as Bill, but Reid and his staff are just a shade below. Look at the way Jim Johnson schemed for Vick and the Falcons. These coordinators know how to get the job done.

And on top of that the Eagles really aren't getting any credit. The Eagles are better than The Colts and with the way Pittsburgh was playing The Eagles were better than them.

The Pats won't cake walk if they win. IF they win.

The Eagles would have been underdogs to both the Colts & Steelers, too. The AFC just had the dominant teams this year, and it would take more than a few weeks to erase what happened throughout the entire season.

And how can you say that the Eagles are better than the Colts? The Pats made the Colts look bad, so maybe people are forgetting the shitkicking the Colts put on the Broncos the week before.

The Eagles being better than the Steelers would have depended on which Roethlisberger showed up: the poised one that played well for most of the year, or the potentially-injured one that stunk up the joint in the two postseason games.

IMO, for the Eagles to win this game they not only have to create turnovers but they must capitalize on them. The Patriots very rarely turn the ball over and as a result, they can beat their opponents handily because they make 2-4 turnovers a game while giving up 0 or 1.

vs Colts: 1 INT and 2 FR for the Patriots. Colts had 0 takeaways.

vs Steelers: 3 INT and 1 FR for the Patriots. Steelers had 0 takeaways.

This also shows in the Patriots' losses this season. 2 INT and 2 lost fumbles in their Week 8 matchup vs Pittsburgh and 4 INT off Brady by the Dolphins when they faced Miami.

Tom Brady gets way to much time in the pocket in all of his games. If the Eagles can be in his face the entire game then they can possibly throw him off. I know the guy usually doesn't crack under pressure but we've seen that he makes dumb mistakes when things aren't going his way IE the INT agains the Dolphins while he was falling down.

Jim Johnson we all know likes to blitz. So if he can keep everyone in Brady's face the entire game then they can throw off the Pats offensive rhythm.

As for Corey Dillon, well Trotter will have to handle him when he comes up the middle like he was Dunn yesterday.

Now as for the Eagles offense, they are playing one of the best defenses they'll see. They need to keep pressure off of McNabb and probably run some screens and draws because I figure the Pats secondary will press all of the recievers knowing they have trouble when someone is in their face. If they can get those guys to come in then they can possibly create a big pass play downfield.