TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
therealworldschampion

Super Bowl XXXIX discussion thread

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Everytime Banky makes a prediction, the team he picks to win loses.

Just a thought.

are you trying to draw my ire?

I went 9-7 in the KKK Pick 'em!

My prediction

Soon to be for the third time and the 6th back to back Superbowl winners:

PatriotsSmallEmbLogo.jpg

Winning the game at 26 points.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

There are too many Patriot fans and Eagles haters here for ym liking. The next 2 weeks will be fucking fun. Heck, I may even make a bet with you fucks.

Guest Failed Mascot

I don't think anybody hates the Eagles, just UseTheSledge who is a fan of them. If the Eagles lose then he disappears for awhile and that's a good thing.

I hate the Eagles, or at least did back when I lived in New Jersey during the early 90s and was a die-hard Giants kid. I suppose that lingers on even though I was more of a Dave Meggett, Phil Simms, and LT vs. Randall Cunningham, Reggie White, and Fred Barnett kinda guy.

But I also don't really care for the Patriots. I don't really have a team, so I just go for matchups that interest me. This one doesn't, which at least means I'll get to have more conversations with friends at the Super Bowl party than usual.

Patriots win, but it will be close in the 4th, just like 2002 and 2004.

The Patriots have shut down the "best offense in history" and what was supposedly the best smashmouth running game in recent memory, but I think the Eagles offense will give them more trouble, because McNabb is legitimately two-dimensional with his feet and his arm and harder to gameplan for than Manning or Roethlisberger. The Patriots made a living off making Manning move in the pocket and forcing Ben to leave the pocket, but they'll have to split the difference with McNabb. They'll slow them down, but there's a greater margin for error and they'll likely give up a couple big plays over the course of the game. I can't see Phila. carrying many sustained drives though, and I can't see their defense being any more effective than Pittsburgh was today.

Guest Failed Mascot
I was more of a Dave Meggett kinda guy.

the people on late night Sunday Sports show just said Brian Westbrook is basically the second coming of Megget.

Guest Failed Mascot

I think its going to be a blowout for the Pats.

I don't think TO plays so its basically the same team the Pats crushed last year in Philli except the Eagles now have Kearse and the Pats have Dillon.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I would brag about how I predicted this matchup, but so did about 40 million other people.

anyway, Patriots win.

I think this is going to be one ugly mofo of a game. The Pats defense is too good, but yet the Eagles D is about as good.

Owens playing here is a fascinating thing to watch....god, they'll break his legs, ribs, etc.

I'm thinking it'll be Pats in a real nasty, ugly game....9-7 or something.

I was inclined to say something really low like 10-7, but somebody always seems to break open a few big plays in the Super Bowl. The winning team hasn't scored less than 20 points since 1975, I think.

Guest Failed Mascot
The Eagles are being so underrated for this game and they're going to pull the upset. It's going to happen.

Just like Oklahoma?

The Eagles are being so underrated for this game and they're going to pull the upset. It's going to happen.

Just like Oklahoma?

Oklahoma was favored going into the Orange Bowl.

And that really has nothing to do with the Super Bowl.

Guest Failed Mascot

Just like Oklahoma?

Oklahoma was favored going into the Orange Bowl.

X

And that really has nothing to do with the Super Bowl.

It shows your predictions are terrible.

The Eagles offense right now relies way to much on that 40+ yd pass out of nowhere to bail them out, it seems even when their offense is struggling overall, they can always go to that long bomb to bail them out. The Patriots defense is much too disciplined and smart to shut the Eagles down and then take a nap on 3rd & Long. Also, you can bet the Patriots will tackle a hell of a lot better then Atlanta, and you can bet that all those runs by Westbrook where he should have been stopped for losses, will be just that against the Pats.

This game will be something like the Niners/Chargers Superbowl back in 1995. The Colts have a MUCH better offense than Philly, and the Steelers have a MUCH better defense than Philly, and the Patriots just humiliated those two at what they do best.

Until the Pats lose, nobody should be betting against them. Even Sean Salisbury figure THAT out last night :)

It'll be a close game, but the Patriots will pull it out in the end. I kind of agree with a high-scoring game, but I say for once, Viniatieri doesn't decide it, and instead the Pats defense holds firm on a last-minute drive by Philly.

New England 31

Philadelphia 27

The Patriots have one flaw in their defense: Running quarterbacks.

However, McNabb would rather stay in the pocket than run the QB draw. It should be interesting but I really don't understand blowout picks from either side. The Eagles offense hasn't shown anything to indicate they will blow out the Pats defense and the Patriots offense has only shown flashes of having the ability to do it.

This game will come down to which defense forces the most turnovers. And two key questions

#1: Do the Patriots have anyone to block Trotter when he blitzs? My answer is no, Fauria suffers from falldown alot and Graham is very inconsistent. That will really kill the New England offense

#2: Can the Eagles get a drive against a defense that doesn't miss tackles? No, and the Steelers proved that one.

I don't see a blowout but I do see one hell of a tight high scoring contest cause you can just throw all of the above crap out the window.

McNabb and Westbrook do what they can, but I'll pick New England 27-24.