TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Things that annoy the shit out of you

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
No one has ever had the gall to remove a cd from my cd player.

I often get in trouble for this. Mostly because my taste is superior to the driver. I'd maybe try it on you, but you do seem bigger, stronger, and meaner than me.

I'd have to say the worst are the people who aren't really music enthusiasts, but buy CDs because money is burning a hole in their pocket. This is the type that doesn't have a musical attention span, and usually just flips through, listening to the first 30 seconds of each song before moving on. Mostly they just have it for the hot single.

These are also the same type who can't listen to anything "gay" (anything that isn't rock or rap), so the artist has to curse and be boastful all the time, and can not show any vulnerability.

And finally, if you have a soundsystem in your car with the bass turned up so high that it can rattle windows from a quarter mile away, are you even really enjoying the music?

Guest Agent of Oblivion
My g/f hates Zappa... what should I do?

Make the bitch suffer.

I find it frustrating that the moment I say I listen to electronic music, everyone within earshot has to say "IT ALL SOUNDS THE SAME! GARBAGE!"

This goes for anyone who ridicules any genre by telling the listener something they already noticed long ago and obviously don't mind.

It bugs me that I'm the only person I know in everyday life that can come up with an actual description of the reasons I don't like something.

Me: It sounds lifeless, almost as though they're going through the motions. Vocals that tried to sound emotional but ended up melodramatic instead, a far-from-engaging melody, and a lack of compelling reasons to listen to more of their work, or more importantly, buy it.

Other Person: Yeah? TECHNO SUCKS!

Guest eBayBrison

Techno is by far one of the superior genres of music. I play dance dance revolution often and love the jap techno as well as some Captain Jack's. I love when people call me a techno nerd and Rave boy. I take it as a compliment. In fact, that's what my member title will be when I get to get one..... either Rave Boy or Techno Nerd.

Brison

As far as techno goes...I prefer IDM (intelligent electronic music meant more for headphones then the dancefloor) and ambient, though early industrial and EBM music, some Drum n Bass, some Trip Hop, some synth pop...hell, I love all kinds of music

Guest JebusNassedar

Ram it, ram it, ram it, ram it up her poop chute

Cornhole.

Anyways. The stuff that pisses me off as far as other music fans go is the inability to accept that there is better music out there than what's popular.OR, people who say that all old bands suck, because they're old, and therefore irrelivant. They always do that when I put in King Crimson and Zappa.

Although I do have a friend who admits he listens to awful music and is doing his best to change. I've got him hooked on DEP now.

I get annoyed when someone rides in my car plays something without asking me takes out my shit, because they think its boring and then put in something that I don't fucking like. They don't offer gas money put they sure as hell want you play their CD's. I get annoyed by people who haven't heard a certain rap artist and sum up as them being garbage because they're not on the radio or don't have a big name backing them.

I hate the whole "they're making money" cop out rebuttal after I say that a certain artist is garbage and then label me as a "hater."

Me: I think Nelly is hot garbage because of his nursey rhymes and lack of orignality and creativity.

Sheep: Well Nelly is getting that paper, you just hating.

Guest Vitamin X
No it isn't. Some things are better than others. Pudding tastes better than lead. The people that think lead tastes better are probably dumb anyway.

Just for the record, this analogy is illogical since lead isn't a type of food anyways, unless you were being facetitious... which you probably were.

I also hate people that attempt to take control of my car's stereo system. This girl I know listens to quite insufferable music so she decided to try to take out my CD, knowing that she had done this before, as the CD came out, I took it out and made a slicing motion in the general direction of her neck and put it right back in. She was terrified enough that she put back the CD she was about to put in, and just continued our conversation as if nothing happened. Heh, as if I could slit someone's throat with a CD.

And finally, if you have a soundsystem in your car with the bass turned up so high that it can rattle windows from a quarter mile away, are you even really enjoying the music?

Yes.

This is the type that doesn't have a musical attention span, and usually just flips through, listening to the first 30 seconds of each song before moving on.

I have a friend who's like that. I fucking HATE it. I swear, he could listen to 7 albums in a row and never hear a full song.

I never get bothered by people changing CD's in my car, because people don't normally. But one day a friend of mine played the first 30 seconds of one song on a CD he burned so many times that the other passenger very calmly took the CD out, and threw it out the window. It was comical.

Guest eBayBrison
People who say they're punk when they aren't.

Even better.... people who say they're hardcore punk people, but in reality, listen to commercial punk ONLY. Don't know a lick of Misfits or any others....

Brison

Anyone who says they're punk isn't. Even if they were, as soon as they say it, they're not anymore.

indeed. it's like a dog chasing its own tail running along a moebius strip.

People who hate every song on a CD, unless it's a song they've heard on the radio. Like,

"Dude, this song's awesome!"

Me: "You didn't like it when I was playing it 3 months ago...."

"Yeah, but it wasn't on the radio then..."

I absolutely abhor it when at work, in MY FUCKING CD PLAYER, some douchebag will take out the cd I was enjoying and either turn on the radio to the local top-40 station or put in something like Nelly or Ja Rule. But, since it's my cd player, I just tell them to fuck off and put in my cd again.

Bunch of savages in St. Clairsville, I tells ya.

At work sucks. The girls love their country music, and putting up with it is unbearable.

When I have control of the CD player, its loud, crushing heavy metal playing and I love it. The one day we played South of Heaven and Blackwater Park, no one complained.

My friend is the worst though. If the vocals aren't clear, its not music. So even like Slayer or Pantera is horrible, yet he'll say that WASP and Dokken are better than him.

Though he has connections for concert tickets, so thats a good thing.

I'm shocked at the amount of people who let others take cd's out of thier players without permission. Hell, my uber-Christian grandmother rode in the car with me the other day and didn't object to me listening to Slayer since it was my car.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

My Grandmother likes Slayer and other metal bands. She's a very cool old lady

Guest JebusNassedar
My Grandmother likes Slayer and other metal bands. She's a very cool old lady

My mother's much in the same way. Listening to Nile and Opeth and GWAR and stuff. Which is why other people confuse me.

I mean, my admittedly nonhip mother listens to death metal, but people around my agegroup say it's just noise and it's stupid and it's not music.

While listening to Blink 182.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Ram it, ram it, ram it, ram it up her poop chute

Cornhole.

I just picked up We're Only In It For The Money...

That's a good'n. Get Lumpy Gravy with that one as well if you don't have it. Weasels Ripped My Flesh continues on some of those themes. Those three, Absolutely Free, Hot Rats, and Freak Out is probably my favorite time period for Zappa.

This is sick... I can't fathom somebody just changing your cd without permission. I've killed people for a lot less than that.

Personally I'll usually offer somebody my cds and allow them to pick one out. I have a wide enough selection that everybody will find something they like.

I just picked up We're Only In It For The Money...

That's a good'n. Get Lumpy Gravy with that one as well if you don't have it. Weasels Ripped My Flesh continues on some of those themes. Those three, Absolutely Free, Hot Rats, and Freak Out is probably my favorite time period for Zappa.

I might get Lumpy Gravy today indeed. I saw it at the record store yesterday. Weasels Ripped My Flesh is in fact great, as is [/i]Hot Rats[/i], but Freak Out! is definitely in contention for Zappa's best album. Great stuff all around.

How do you feel about the Flo & Eddie years, Agent? Chunga's Revenge is rather good.

Guest eBayBrison

I couldn't believe it when I came home from work one day to find that my mom had gone out and bought the new eminem CD the day it came out. I was more scared than excited that she was cool. It was just disturbing. I think she should be listening to David Bowie or Tina Turner.. that shit.

Brison

Guest eBayBrison
David Bowie...and Tina Turner, so similar, they. ?

No, I'm just saying that she has listened to those people before so having her listen to Eminem is quite a big difference.

Brison