TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Various Articals on the WWE

Guest Trivia247

Credit: PWInsider

- Former World Champs Big Show and Randy Orton will be the guests on tonight's Byte This episode on WWE.com.

The Motly Fool stock website has an article up on where their writer Steven Mallas gives his view on Austin signing for 3 films. Overall, he thinks that he could get a sleeper hit that could help WWE financially. To view the article, Click here

- Tuesday's Native American Times had an article about Jim Ross, who was honored on Monday with his own day by the Brad Henry, Governor of Oklahoma. THe article said that JR is actually of Cherokee Indian descent. His family came to Oklahoma before it became an official USA state and that his Indian ancestors came over on the Trial of Tears.

- The US Air Force official website has a new story about how WWE brought 17 airmen from Dyess Air Force base in Texas to a house show in Abilene, TX last Friday. They even let them meet up with Victoria and Sylvan Grenier before the show. They were awarded second row seats to the event. To read this article, Click Here

- Last Sunday's edition of WWE Exeperience did a 0.6 cable rating, with a 1.3 share. Heat did an 0.7 cable rating, with a 1.0 share.

Thanks To Jeff Sheridan for this:

There is a new story in Details magazine about Rock. To read it, Click Here

Thanks to Mark Myers for this:

WWE is advertising Kurt Angle, JBL, & Heidenreich Vs. The Big Show, Undertaker, & John Cena as a dark match for the February 22 SmackDown! taping in Philadelphia, PA.

I hope the links work this time..

When the only words you have to write yourself are the title and you still manage to spell "articles" wrong, you know you're in trouble.

Guest Trivia247
When the only words you have to write yourself are the title and you still manage to spell "articles" wrong, you know you're in trouble.

Cute

- The US Air Force official website has a new story about how WWE brought 17 airmen from Dyess Air Force base in Texas to a house show in Abilene, TX last Friday. They even let them meet up with Victoria and Sylvan Grenier before the show. They were awarded second row seats to the event.

I guess they weren't good enough to meet Triple H and Chris Benoit, and get first row seats.

I mean, come on.

I thought the Rock article was really well done. I thought he had cosmetic surgery for his chest and not his stomach, however.

- Tuesday's Native American Times had an article about Jim Ross, who was honored on Monday with his own day by the Brad Henry, Governor of Oklahoma. THe article said that JR is actually of Cherokee Indian descent. His family came to Oklahoma before it became an official USA state and that his Indian ancestors came over on the Trial of Tears.

Monday was Jim Ross day? It was a normal Monday to everyone else b/c get this...nobody here cares about Jim Ross!

...I can't believe there's an actual Jim Ross Day in Oklahoma now. I guess there's not much to do & everyone has too much spare time on their hands in OK.

Jim Ross of Cherokee descent? Let's just hope the WWE doesn't have an angle involving this.

At least these guys didn't see wrestling as real, and the competitors as living their gimmicks...otherwise the headline would have read "Sylviaan Gernier Ded".

See...because he misspells words...forget it.

...I can't believe there's an actual Jim Ross Day in Oklahoma now. I guess there's not much to do & everyone has too much spare time on their hands in OK.

Judging from what I know about Oklahomans, they move to California, confuse people's names, and like sports teams that happen to be doing well.

Basically nobody knew about it. They never said anything on the news or on the radio or anything.

I think it was just announced at the arena and that was it.

But we do have streets named after Garth Brooks and Toby Keith. Everytime I drive on them they make me feel dirty........

Yeah I know a lot of people from here that move to California. California tops the list of places in the US I would never live. And then Arkansas comes after that. And so on.....

You're from Oklahoma, you've gone through high school, you're in a journalism program so you should obviously have a deep English background, how can you not remember the family from The Grapes of Wrath? I was under the impression that it's required reading for juniors or seniors in high school, and that Tom Joad and his kin were significant figures in American literature. Never mind.

You're from Oklahoma, you've gone through high school, you're in a journalism program so you should obviously have a deep English background, how can you not remember the family from The Grapes of Wrath? I was under the impression that it's required reading for juniors or seniors in high school, and that Tom Joad and his kin were significant figures in American literature. Never mind.

Nope. I have never been made to read Grapes of Wrath.

My junior year? Hmm.....they made me read: Huck Finn, The Great Gatsby, The Crucible, The Scarlet Letter, and Heart of Darkness.

Senior year I read: Beowulf, Wuthering Heights(my fav book ever), Lord of the Flies, Crime and Punishment......and I think that was it. Funny b/c my Senior year I was in Advanced Placement English and I think I did less reading than any other year.

Wow those books you listed as required reading for 11-12th grade, I HAD to read for 8th grade.... *shakes head*

Oh let me bow before your mighty genius! I am unworthy!

What are you trying to prove?

Nothing. I just thought there was a certain curriculum the nation has to adjust to. I mean, its not fair for some states to teach more than the others. It in no way or form was designed to offend you, Damaramu. I just want America to beat 11 other countries that are currently ranked ahead of them in literacy.

READ.

Nope. I have never been made to read Grapes of Wrath.

My junior year? Hmm.....they made me read: Huck Finn, The Great Gatsby, The Crucible, The Scarlet Letter, and Heart of Darkness.

Senior year I read: Beowulf, Wuthering Heights(my fav book ever), Lord of the Flies, Crime and Punishment......and I think that was it. Funny b/c my Senior year I was in Advanced Placement English and I think I did less reading than any other year.

Huck Finn, Great Gatsby, and Scarlet Letter were among my junior year American lit books as well. Curious that Grapes of Wrath wasn't on yours. I had a Steinbeck hat trick junior year: that one, Of Mice And Men, and East of Eden. He's a good author. I like him.

Nothing. I just thought there was a certain curriculum the nation has to adjust to. I mean, its not fair for some states to teach more than the others. It in no way or form was designed to offend you, Damaramu. I just want America to beat 11 other countries that are currently ranked ahead of them in literacy.

READ.

I do read. I probably read more than anyone I know. I read magazines, newspapers, books, comic books, and pretty much anything. I was always the kid that when the teacher said "Ok you get a free day to talk" pulled a book out of his bag and read it.

In 8th grade though we were still doing grammar. I didn't start lit until the 9th grade.

Oh and Czech yeah I read Of Mice and Men my Junior year. I forgot about that one.....and I don't know why I forgot because I loved that book.

Now you know what he's been doing instead of reading books.

Yeah because it takes so much time to post on this board and I didn't just go into my reading habits previously.

I'm a shitter reader....I can't take a shit without something to read. I've been that way since I was about 7. And since I'm a husky fellow I have to take a dump a lot....which means I read a lot. I'm sure you all wanted to know that.

Wow what a way to make 10,000....talking about taking a dump.